Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Torrid Tuesday RTTS
- - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-10 4:55 AM
So how effin' hot is it where YOU are?
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-10 5:04 AM
~We are now under a heat advisory until Friday Night. Every day temps near 100 with heat indices over 100. Not sure why they stopped Friday, still expecting upper 90s Sat, Sun and Mon

~Running store is holding a Mental Training Clinic tonight with a former nearby college coach. I have HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to our kids they should attend. We'll see. We will be there with our friend who coaches at another HS here in town.

~The morning guy on the country station here is so fucking weird. The best I can describe it is, he has props. All the time. He sits in the studio with his Stetson placed JUST RIGHT on the counter and his mason jar of iced tea sitting on a folded up bandana. He takes a million selfies a day but all of them have to have all of his freaking props "scattered" just so. I realize it affects me in no way whatsoever but he just makes me shake my head.

Add to the fact that he gets away with working 4 hour days and it pretty much pisses me off

~Tab Hunter died :sad:

~The University doesn't want us practicing at midnight on their cross country course on the first day of practice. Their reason: KC Chiefs Training Camp is going on. Uh....why in the flying fu&* does that matter? Perhaps we'll start looking for a new course to use for our Invitational next year.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-10 5:16 AM
There is a chance of rain Friday and Saturday. Only reason I can think of that might negate the need for a heat advisory. We’re in the same world of hurt. :cry:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-10 5:57 AM
Mental training - I could use that

Are the Chiefs practicing at midnight?:roll:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-10 5:58 AM
Maybe the University is afraid we will "bother them"? I really didn't get an explanation
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-10 7:01 AM
The country guy sounds like he takes a lot of effort maintaining the image, which for a radio DJ (an auditory occupation) is pretty freaking hilarious.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-10 7:09 AM
Except his "image" is all screwed up. Not too many country jocks wear bro tanks and douche hats hahahahahaha
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-10 7:37 AM
That stinks you can't do the midnight run. Guess they don't want anyone disturbing the players?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-10 5:57 AM
--In-service was good. The guest speaker really didn’t apply to us all that much but whatever. They have to do something to make this “official” to pass off as an in-service.

--Best part of the day for me was carpooling with two other NPA’s. Gave me a great opportunity to ask a ton of questions and get a lot of real world, honest answers.

--One gal, who has been with MU for 8 years, is leaving. She took a teaching position in one of the school districts she has been serving. And then one of the gals I rode with yesterday is wrapping up her Master’s degree and just applied for a management position within the extension service. So, we may have two positions open very soon.

--Two of the baby bluebirds were sitting out on the fence yesterday and mama bird was feeding one of them. It was so sweet. :hug:

--My sister and her kids took a little mini vacation to Monterey. Did the aquarium, kayaking, etc. Violet is the same height as Willow now. The girls looked like twins in all of the pictures. Another year and River will be as tall as them!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-10 5:58 AM
Baby birds:hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-10 5:59 AM
Those girls are growing up fast
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-10 6:58 AM
The bluebird family sounds so sweet.  :hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-10 9:40 AM
How old are the girls now?

Glad you got to connect with the others even though they are/might be leaving.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-10 4:19 PM
They just turned 14 and 16.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-10 6:09 AM
88-92 degrees and 60%+ humidity for the next 5 days. No rain expected. So, not as bad as where y'all are.

Rip has no problem with confidence. During their game I signaled 10 min left because she was looking "peaked" from the heat. She looked at me, grinned and shrugged. She loved it. :roll::roll: There is another night, July 20 of tryouts and then we should know if she made the team. I actually now think she has a decent chance to make the team. Even without considering she is a keeper. When we were leaving she told me she is sure she made it. I asked why. She said they only had 3 keepers show up. And "I am awesome everywhere on the field".:shocker!:: pbbt::laugh::laugh: Might need to work on her humility a bit. :laugh::grin:

Ran 2 miles around the track while they were playing. OMG it was hot and the heat came up off the black cushy track.

I'm hungry. Guess I'll eat my apple. Yay.:roll:

Just got a text that all the boys and the coach have been rescued!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! I'm so relieved! I've been following and checking ridiculously for updates. What a nightmare situation. Apparently 4 divers are still in. I hope they all make it out safely.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-10 6:56 AM
I hope Ripley makes the team.  :hug:  It sounds like she did very well.  :grin:

I've been following the cave rescue as well.  What a relief that they were all rescued.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-10 9:41 AM
Glad she has confidence and enjoyed tryouts :cool:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Torrid Tuesday RTTS