Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday Motivations 7/9
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-09 6:42 AM
Motivation time.  What can we do to pump each other up?

and of course, talk about Monday, summertime, running, family, food.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-09 8:36 AM
"I can't believe I have to go back to work."  How many times did that get said last night and this morning?   I'm just thankful I didn't have to say that.  Got up, breakfast, coffee, run.  The was ok, just weak.   But I am thankful just to be outdoors putting 1 foot in front of the other. 

Ellen and grandkids will be coming up in just over 2 weeks.  Travel w/ Nathanial will be interesting. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-09 9:17 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-09 8:46 AM
We are receiving some much needed rain and the commute this morning would have been horrible for me.  So I too am grateful that on this day, I don't have to commute.  But just as the thunderstorms come, they too pass.  Just like the "thunderstorms" that we may be weathering in our lives, they too shall pass and just like the sun, a new bright and sunny day will come forth!

Today is definitely a Planet Fitness day so I will be heading out shortly.  Just waiting for the rain to let up a bit.  No need for me to get on the road and add to the commuters woes.  Even though I only have about a 5 mile trek to the gym, still I can wait.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-09 9:16 AM
Great motivation, thanks MB.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-09 8:46 AM
What can we do to pump each other up?
Well that is kinda codey

10.51 miles this morning. middle portion on the track. good running weather this morning.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-09 9:16 AM
OAITW, also known as Code Seeker.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-09 9:18 AM
Code Seeker is my native american name
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-09 9:25 AM
Have you tried a job search w/ NSA?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-09 11:44 AM
Because Rob is so good with codes?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-09 11:42 AM Edited 2018-07-09 11:44 AM
Rob and Dawn, always talking codes! : pbbt:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-09 9:21 AM
I met up with a lot of running friends over the long holiday week/weekend.  Everyone seems to be suffering from a little runners burnout.  I think a bit of good weather mixed with a few running endorphins would do us all good.  Cheers to some good runs this week Masters!

I have some yard to edge while there is shade and maybe just maybe a sunset run.  You know that part of the day when it starts to cool off but is not quite dark yet.  Otherwise I'll get back to yoga.  Yesterday I did a routine with some pretty good hip flexor stuff and it would do me well to repeat it today.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-09 11:43 AM
I think at some point we all suffer from burnout.  That's the time you try something else and then realize how enjoyable running is and get back to it.  Even though I don't run anymore I love seeing runners and do enjoy my early morning walks.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-09 12:28 PM
Summer burn out,   Fall failure,  Winter freeze out,   Spring rain out.    Got to cover all the bases you know.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-09 12:58 PM
:laugh:  Are you talking running or my landscaping?    And, by the way, the Illinois corn is in.  How's that Delaware stuff coming?
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-09 2:19 PM
I ran 8 miles when it first became light today.  Later in the morning I got a haircut.  Monday is off to a good start.

It's scorching hot again today, so I'm indoors.  A month from today and I'm back teaching school so am enjoying the down time.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-09 2:23 PM
Hi Mike, thanks for stopping in.  Stay cool.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-09 3:49 PM
Annabelle got in last night as expected. This morning, I got in 4 hours of work while she slept in. Since then it has been a layed back day of Netflix and computer games. I did some reading while she played some games.

One afternoon trip to the pool.

And now I'm going to get some take out from our favorite Italian place. Fratelli's. Not Olive Garden. :wink:

That's probably it for the day.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-09 4:07 PM
enjoy!
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-07-10 6:49 AM
Although I love nursing I can’t stand the unit I work on :meh: I keep telling myself it’s only for another year or so. For the most part I really like my coworkers which is really the best part :hug:

If I need motivation I try and come here. The Thai soccer team story is very motivating. Praises to the Herculean rescue efforts which brought them all home safely. And prayers to the family of Saman Gunan who died in the process :sad:

:grin:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday Motivations 7/9