Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Potluck Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-09 5:03 AM
Everyone contribute today! :grin:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-09 5:12 AM
--In-service for work today which equates to a gathering of all of us nutrition educators and superiors for food and swimming. :happy: Only downside is it’s 85 miles away. :meh: I’m meeting to other gals at my office in Aurora and we’re carpooling so that will make things better. I’ve met one of the ladies already and have talked to the other one on the phone.

--Our lack of rain situation is grave. At least we have an outlet for silage if it doesn’t rain soon and the corn doesn’t produce worth a shit. It’ll at least cover our costs and then a little beyond that.

--Got 2 inches cut off my hair and it layered. It looks short. :shocker!:

--Update on the Native deodorant. It’s okay. I would say it’s equally comparable to any standard over the counter deodorant. The scents are very nice. I’m currently using Strawberry Rhubarb. Yea, I know weird smell for your pits. : pbbt: However, that being said, it does not keep me as dry as the Clinical Strength Secret or Dove. :meh: Probably because it doesn’t have all the bad stuff in it. That being said, I think I’ll continue to use it. Might have a few occasions I need to break out the other.

--Making a berry trifle and coleslaw for our potluck today. I think I’m going to put the trifle in the freezer for an hour before leaving to make sure it stays cold enough in the cooler. Which means, I need to get that together NOW!
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-09 5:46 AM
My cousin used the all natural deodorant.  I think she had the same observation about it not keeping her dry but being otherwise ok.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-09 5:46 AM
Swimming with co-workers?  No thanks.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-09 5:54 AM
sounds like a fun time, enjoy! Even better that you get paid for it.

this might be dumb, but do you water the crops if it doesn't rain enough?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-09 6:17 AM
We don’t have irrigation for the crops. Some of the bigger farmers (those getting huge subsidies from the government) might but it’s not overly common around here. And then many of them who don’t have irrigation are under the government anyway so have crop insurance. Just another welfare program. :roll:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-09 6:05 AM
Swimming for work?:cool:

Is there any rain expected in the next couple of weeks?
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-09 5:27 AM
~The heat returns to the armpit of MO this week.

~Officially Fat AF and back on Paleo as of today. Chicken Breast and Protein shake for bfast

~Starbucks going to do away with straws by 2020

~If you had to name your DOG after the last thing you ate, what would it be called?

~Not looking forward to a whole week of work haha
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-09 5:44 AM
You know, "Donuts" isn't a bad dog name.  :laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-09 5:46 AM
:laugh::hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-09 5:54 AM
Ate? Chicken: pbbt:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-09 5:56 AM
My dog would be Milano cookie :blush:

While I understand the damage straws can do to the environment (thanks Viv!) I am definitely that person that wants a straw. No way I'm drinking my ice coffee or getting a drink to go (like a McD diet coke) without a straw. It would spill all over the car
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-09 5:57 AM
I won't even drink in a restaurant without a straw because I figure the glasses are dirty AF
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-09 5:58 AM
I try not to think about that :laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-09 6:20 AM
FYI-running glasses thru a commercial dishwasher still does not remove the lipstick off of a glass. I mean, it’s probably clean and disinfected but still......:shocker!:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-09 6:27 AM
This is gross but when I use bottles of water my mom brings with her flavor for our runs, it always ends up with my lips having lip gloss that I didn't put on myself.....that stuff does NOT wash off.:laugh:
Parent - By elmtree Date 2018-07-09 9:55 AM
I've started using reusable straws that I carry around.  I get some looks but whatever.

Though for people with disabilities, lightweight plastic straws are oftentimes the only way they can drink a beverage without assistance, so they'll have to stick around in some form.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-09 6:06 AM
And stirrers?

I'm not looking forward to a whole week of work either. Adulting sucks.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-09 6:18 AM
My next two dogs will be Apple and Muffin. : pbbt:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-09 5:43 AM
*Back to work.  Blah.  That was a nice long string of days off.  :grin:

*Every time I think I have my foot issue figured out, I don't.  :mutmad:  I try something, it gets better for a couple days and then it gets worse again.  :roll: 

*And every time I think I've acclimated ok to the heat I have a run like yesterday where I am just grateful to have made it home alive in one piece and then I spend the next 8 hours trying to feel human again.  :cry:

*We saw The Pretenders in concert last night.  She can still rock.  :cool:  It was one of those $20 all in ticket deals.  :grin:  So we weren't up close, but for the older bands, do you really want to be?  :laugh:  It was one of those cases where after the concert I had to look up how old she was.  Lets just say I want to be her when I grow up.  : pbbt:

*We actually got to give the central air a break for a couple days.  But I'm pretty sure it's going back on today.  I would've turned it on last night for sure but the kids were already all in bed (with their windows open) when we got home to a very hot house. 

*I need to check to see if there is any soccer on that I need to record today.  :grin:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-09 5:47 AM
damn foot :mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-09 5:56 AM
Four games left:cry:

Tues 2pm est  France v Belgium
Wed 2pm est  England v Croatia
Sat 10am est   both losers for third
Sun 11am est  both winners for final:cool::cool:

I want anyone but France to win:roll:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-09 5:58 AM
Vive la France!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-09 6:06 AM
Really????:mutmad::roll::roll:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-09 7:18 AM
I don't care about soccer at all : pbbt:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-09 7:29 AM
:mutmad::cry::cry: Then go for Croatia!:cool:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-09 8:17 AM
I was loving Croatia, but they didn't look so convincing that last game. 

And thanks for the times.  I've just been checking daily.  This is much easier.  :laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-09 8:41 AM
Yeah, but Russia sits with 9 in the back just daring you to get through and hoping they get a breakaway. Tough strategy to beat.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-09 12:52 PM
I’m a little worried about how best up Croatia got. They seemed to have a lot of hurt players by game’s end.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-09 1:43 PM
Yeah, they were falling over themselves:laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-09 8:42 AM
I'd also love to see England win. Belgium a third choice. France? Ugh. Tired of hearing about them.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-09 5:57 AM
Yikes that sounds bad with the foot

I love that you guys got back after the kids were already in bed :laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-09 8:19 AM
Yeah, the foot is an issue.   Denial isn't really working.  The swelling is kind of undeniable.  :shocker!::cry:  Sometimes I run and it's fine.  Sometime I wake up and it's swollen after doing nothing.  It's weird.  :wtf:

I thought it was funny too with the kids being in bed when we got home.  :laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-09 6:21 AM
Yea, I probably wouldn’t necessarily want a front row view of these 60+ year old rockers either. :laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-09 8:21 AM
Although I have to say Chrissy Hynde looks fabulous.  Well, at least from the balcony anyway.  :grin::laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-09 6:25 AM
Potluck just makes me hungry:laugh:

Ripley has elite soccer tryouts tonight. I don't think she'll make it, but it will be good experience for her. And it will show the coaches she wants it.

The keeper lesson friday night? OMG I'm still sore.:laugh: He kicked both our asses. I've never hit the ground so much. My arm muscles hate me.:laugh: And who knew it was so tiring to squat slide left and right so much. OUCH!

House is straight. Chest is sunburned:blush: from hammock time. Oops.

How can I run so well during a 7m and still be terrified of doing 8 this weekend? AND it isn't like it will be my first 8. :wtf:

I'll be the first to buy my own reusable straws. Can't live without straws. Hate cold drinks on the teeth!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-09 7:57 AM
Walk a mile then run 7. Boom, 8 miles :grin:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-09 8:42 AM
That is my plan in two weeks! Run till I can't and then just not stop walking: pbbt:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-09 8:22 AM
Good luck to Ripley tonight.  :hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-09 8:43 AM
Thanks! She will love that she got luck from across the country:hug:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-09 12:53 PM
:hug:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Potluck Monday RTTs