Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekend Wedding RR/NRR Thread
- - By swandive Date 2018-07-08 11:24 AM
Best wishes to laxrunner. :hug:

Given that we don't get a ton of activity around here, we can revive this thread next weekend, when my sister is getting married. :laugh:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-07-08 11:28 AM
I ran 14 slow miles this morning.  Marginally longer than most of my "long" runs recently, but my legs are tired.  It's never good when one's legs are sore the night before a long run.  I did a bunch of work outside yesterday, so I guess my legs were tired from that.  It was warm and humid this morning, but it was cloudy so the temperature stayed steady and there was a bit of a breeze, so that qualifies as better weather than usual.

I did get a post-run nap, but now I need to try to get some stuff done.  Ugh.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-07-08 5:32 PM
Yes, best wishes to laxrunner! :hug:

T-bone and I are home from our trip and pretty well caught up again. We got to meet Magali and her wonderful BF...turns out he and T-Bone work in the same industry and had lots to not talk about. (Company security rules are a PITA sometimes.) Nobutseriously, it was a real treat to meet both of them in the flesh finally, after about 18 years of online chatting. :hug: She is truly lovely, and both she and her BF are every bit as brilliant as I had assumed, and interested in everything. :hug:

We also had a great time with our friends, George and Dawn, who were excellent company.

The trip was good PT for me: all the touristy walking we did, about 5-7 miles per day, was just what my legs needed. My right leg feels like it's very solidly back on track and the muscles are holding the tibia in place so all the associated joints around it are working properly, without pain. Yay!
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-07-08 6:10 PM
Sounds like a fabulous trip!  I'm jealous that you got to meet my running partner!
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-07-09 3:56 AM
Yes, Magali and her husband are great and fun to meet. Glad you had a good trip and the weather was so nice. :cool: Great that your legs are feeling better too.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-09 6:44 AM
sounds like a very good trip! I met Magali years and years ago and still remember her fabulousness.
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-07-09 7:22 AM
Wonderful on your FE!
Parent - - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-07-09 4:15 AM
Yes, hope laxrunner had a wonderful wedding day. :hug: Lots of people getting married these days, a friend's daughter about a week ago and my masseuse is getting married next weekend. Guess it's that time of year. How are the preparations for your sister's wedding going?

Still raining here believe it or not. Trying not to think about the garden and focusing on the interior of the house instead.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-09 6:45 AM
ugh, I'm sorry you've had such a rainy summer. That's a real bummer! A little rain is good, sure, but after the long winter I'm sure you've had... yucky.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-09 6:44 AM
happy wedding, laxrunner! saw some pics on FB and she was stunning. :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekend Wedding RR/NRR Thread