Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday, July 8, 2018 - HI MASTERS
- - By rungear [us] Date 2018-07-08 9:59 AM
HELLO, HELLO,

WHATCHA UP TO TODAY, AND IN THE NEXT WEEK COMING UP?
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-07-08 10:03 AM
TODAY IS A NO-WORKOUT DAY FOR RUNGEAR

WIFE AND I ARE OFF SOON TO VISIT OUR FRIEND IN THE HOSPITAL (HE IS COMING UP ON 2 WEEKS IN BED), AND AFTER THE VISIT WE ARE HEADING TO MARTINEZ TO HAVE LUNCH WITH OUR SON (HOG) HE WORKS FOR HARLEY DAVIDSON IN OALLAND.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-08 10:06 AM
I tried to run a couple miles, and I did run 2, but it felt utterly terrible.

I think I'm going to take off running for a while and try again later. Every step is a struggle. My neck is sore. The back of my head aches. And stomach is still off.

Annabelle will be arriving today. I'm going to save my energy over the next few weeks for doing stuff with her.

Hopefully, I'll get better.....
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-08 1:17 PM
Hi all.  # 635 of 1257 overall and 17 of 51 age group.  So I didn't quite finish in the top half overall but I did in my age group.  And I beat #18 by less than a second:shocker!:   And that's probably my only race for the year.

Today I started manually edging the yard.  Crazy contraption where I stand on a rocking blade placed in the grass near the curb.  Rock it back and forth a bit to cut thru the turf, pull it up by a long handle and repeat repeat repeat.  It requires strength and balance.  I'm calling it yardwork yoga.  And my neighbors are so entertained.  I believe it would work well if I weighed 200 pounds.  In this case though, I just look foolish.  Gotta keep up my image in the neighborhood.:wink:  And I'm halfway done and tired of it so I will finish tomorrow.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-08 4:31 PM
I am just going to vent.  I hate spending money needlessly.  My husband spent $6.00 on a Mother's Day card that to this day is still in the drawer!  What the heck?  Why buy it?
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday, July 8, 2018 - HI MASTERS