Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, 07 Jul 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-07 6:21 AM
We made it to the weekend!

What are your plans?
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-07 7:18 AM
What a absolutely wonderful morning for a 7 mile run. Another runner said good morning. My reply was "yes, indeed it is".

As for plans, a little grocery shopping, horse riding lessons, and then a nap.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-07 9:20 AM
7 miles!  Is that your longest run so far?

Enjoy your afternoon.   You are always doing fun stuff like lounging in the creek and now horse riding lessons.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-07 12:49 PM
Yes that is a new PR.

Just to be clear - it is Katy that is taking the horse back riding lessons. I get the fun of sitting on metal bleachers and watching.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-07 9:06 AM
Regan Run 5k this morn.  I do believe it was a personal worst.:laugh:  In fact, I'm not even sure I'm going to check my log and see.  The thing is, I really didn't feel like I was going slow.  I passed the normal amount of people, rarely got passed myself, saw the same runners at various points on the course as I see them every year I run this thing. 

Oh well, beautiful morning; low 60's, zero humidity, good breeze.  Lee and I ran on his company's team and I think there were 40 of us.  We left before all the results were in but my printout showed I didn't even finish in the top half of things.   Perhaps there are a bunch of walkers still on the course and I will move up:laugh:  This could be the first time I've dropped below the 50th percentile.

They provided a stat sheet in the packet that said over the 16 years of this race 17,400 had crossed the finish line and $240,000 had been raised for various charities.  I thought it was very cool to include that.  Got a nice shirt, an emergency cell phone charger, a big tube of biofreeze, and a coupon for a free latte and one place, and a free pancake breakfast at another.  Pizza, bananas, and cookies at the finish.

My brother bought a new to him Mustang and promises to drop by today so I can drive it.:cool:   Shaping up as a pretty good Saturday.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-07 9:20 AM
Dawn,
You would have passed me!  On the bright side, you were out there and having fun. 

Enjoy driving that Mustang!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-07 9:35 AM
The course was long and the clocks were wrong.  But wow you scored on the give aways.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-07 12:50 PM
That is quite a goody-bag.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-07 9:32 AM
A no sweat run this morning.  Front went through yesterday and swept away humidity.    I got a new pair running shoes and they seemed to work.   Asics GT 1000s.  Up till 3 AM with Shirley care last evening. 

Headed to Longwood Gardens this evening to watch illuminated fountains dance to Motown.

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-07 10:34 AM
There better be at least one picture of you dancing in a fountain to Motown music.:grin:

Life is so good when the humidity leaves don't you think?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-07 1:19 PM
I'm still not totally well so I'm taking the day off.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, 07 Jul 2018