Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / First Friday of July - 7.6.2018
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-06 6:08 AM
Quarter finals in the World Cup start today. Does anyone here care about that?

Any plans for the weekend?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-06 6:14 AM
I'm starting to get my appetite back after a few days of dreading food. Had some eggs and turkey sausage for breakfast.

It is incredibly warm and humid outside so I went to the gym.  Ran a mile on the treadmill, then some weights, then finished up with another mile on the treadmill.

I really don't feel like working today, but Cindy is gone to go pickup the kid and she'll be back Sunday.  I'm not going to get much work done next week so I have to at least try today.  There are deadlines to meet.

I am not a big soccer fan, but I enjoy watching the World Cup every 4 years. I'll have the games on today while I work.  No TV in my office but I can watch them on my personal laptop that I have sitting off to my left in my home office.

Nothing special this weekend at least until the kid makes it here Sunday evening.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-06 6:29 AM
I rarely lose my appetite.  Sad or happy, healthy or ill, I always have my appetite.

It is raining!  :grin::blush:  I hope it rains all day.

No big plans for the weekend.

Gosh how old is the kid?   Bet she is just as adorable as ever.  You two shared some very special moments when she lived with you.

Enjoy your Friday!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-06 6:25 AM
Thanks for the start!

Not a big soccer fan so I haven't watched one complete game.  I see from the news that some games have been close.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-06 6:59 AM
The newspaper reported that yesterday Louisville recorded a heat index of 108 which was the highest in the nation.  We are sizzling.

It was humid again this morning.  I ran 8 miles. 

I have not watched much of the soccer.  I did catch a little of it Monday afternoon while sitting in a Mexican restaurant for lunch. 

No big weekend plans.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-06 7:32 AM
I don't care about soccer.
6.03 miles this morning. Working my way back up to a Dawn 10k on Tue, Thu and Fri. like the old days
fried potatoes and eggs for breakfast
coffee fool email at 9:16 eastern
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-06 8:34 AM
I saw in my running log that I ran a Rob 5k last year and now I don't remember what I meant.  This "getting old" stuff is tiresome.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-06 8:44 AM
Per the search functionality:

http://runango.com/forums/topic_show.pl?pid=7020741;hl=Rob

Hey all!  I did the Rob 5k as opposed to the Naff 5k today.  The Rob is 3.4 miles whereas the Naff is only 3.2 
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-06 10:08 AM
:laugh:  Thank you so much!   Though I have a feeling this instant access to information is part of why my brain is decaying.:laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-06 8:41 AM
I've had some unlikely conversations about the World Cup so it is appealing to more people than I expected.  For me I find that sports I enjoy playing I don't enjoy watching and vice versa.  Therefore I've not watched soccer but can glue myself to a televised basketball game.

We have a break in the humidity thanks to some great breezes off the Great Lakes.  I wish I could share it with all of you who are suffering.  I have been  so thankful for air conditioning because the last 4 days have been impossible.  Today though the a/c is off and the windows are open.  Looks like high 60's, a little breeze, and a low dew point tomorrow for the Ronald Regan Run.  Probably a couple thousand runners and walkers and mile 2 is a single lane dirt path through some timber.  No time goals anymore for me but I would like to run faster than last year.  Last year was just a couple seconds better than my course PW.:grin:
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-06 8:46 AM
No workout planned except maybe a walk.

Looking forward to a nice long run on Saturday Morning.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / First Friday of July - 7.6.2018