Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday is Here dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-07-06 6:07 AM
Post as you wish. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-07-06 6:08 AM
Storms came in yesterday and the air is finally cool.
Thursday I ran out the trail and found another running buddy. She and I had some time to catch up on the news. It was dreadfully hot and humid for the 45 minutes I ran but the added water I had kept drinking helped a lot. Grocery after that, hair cut & color, then went over to DC’s place to admire his garden. It really is beautiful. He enjoys gardening a lot.

Today it will be cooler to run outside.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-06 8:00 AM
yay for cooler weather! Storms are rolling through here today and should have the same effect, I hope. Yesterday sounds like a fun day :hug:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-06 8:02 AM
so I attempted some gentle prenatal yoga - 20 min - yesterday afternoon and I almost fainted. So, yeah, guess that's out for now too :cry: Ah well. In the grand scheme of things, it's all for the best. As runners I think we are conditioned to believe that we're strong and can handle anything, and that backing off when we don't feel well is being lazy or is looking for excuses. Hard to fight against that instinct. I needed the midwife to say definitively to me "no, you can't do this right now. Medical orders" for me not to feel guilty about backing off. I wish I could trust my own body a little more!

So...another rest day for me it is!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-07-07 4:52 AM Edited 2018-07-07 4:55 AM
Please listen to your medical orders, Missy!
I understand totally about the psychological side of running/exercise and how we behave. However, that is a mindset that you must override now. Remember, it is only until you have given birth/recovered from #2. This is a good time to catch up on reading stuff you would not normally have time to read, watch a program, have DH pick up some library books on CD, do some meditation, things like that. You can get all kinds of online magazines free from libraries now! I'm sure you have your own list of seat work things you never have time to do. :laugh::hug::hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-07 12:13 PM
thank you :hug::hug: you're right and I am trying to stay positive. I'm going to try to knit a blanket. I started one when I was pregnant with P that I didn't finish, so first that. I miss knitting! and it's a great accompaniment to binge watching silly tv.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday is Here dailies