Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thurdaily, 05 July 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-05 8:25 AM
Good morning!

Are you recovering from your 4th of July festivities?

Post away...
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-05 8:43 AM
Went to the gym with Sam this morning. lifted weights for 30 minutes then 5.77 mile run home.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-05 9:00 AM
We watched a great fireworks show and were home by 11 but didn't get to bed til midnight.  The 5:30 alarm was extra irritating this morning.  There will be naps later.:grin:

Core work today along with the usual dog walking and weed pulling.  Also thinking of baking a loaf of beer bread.  One of the girls I lunched with earlier in the week always brought it to potlucks at work.  I'd forgotten about it and now I want some.

Pam, how was Peachtree?  I talked with Jetgirl and she said she ran the first 2 and walked the rest.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-05 9:36 AM
I'll get 3 or 4 miles in this evening or maybe wimp out and use the ET. Not sure yet.

I just realized that next week, both girls will be gone to summer activities for the week, so Martha and I will be empty nesters.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-05 11:45 AM
Just returned from my power walk.

Last night many fireworks shows were cancelled as we received some much needed rain!  And I am so happy because it was so dry that I am sure without the rain we would have many fires.

That's it from my neck of the woods!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-05 11:53 AM
I'm taking off since I still feel a little sick. I think it is a re-occurrence of gastritis which I have struggled with in the past.  I haven't been eating very good and work has been extra stressful.  I've cut out the coffee, beer, and foods that make me feel worse.  If it doesn't get better I'll call the doctor.  I have a check-up with the doctor in a few weeks, although if it stays too bad I won't wait that long.

Nice fireworks last night while sitting outside at the in-laws. Sure is nice to have them within walking distance.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-05 12:56 PM
Wiped out.  Our big 4th of July BBQ for homeless and hungry of Newark was a big success.  But being outside all day took it's toll.  Or maybe made one too many trips up and down the steps to fellowship hall carrying chairs and all other things. It was so worth it however.   This morning was all I could do to tote clothing bags for clothing bank.  

Tom in DE
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thurdaily, 05 July 2018