Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Have Started
- - By judyruns Date 2018-07-05 5:15 AM
Post as you wish. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-07-05 5:17 AM
Wednesday I went down and ran the shady parts of the trail as much as possible. The dew point must have been awfully high. I had a little more water and ice. At the end while I was doing a stretch (one of these twisted things) a man stopped his bike to make sure I was ok. I had wet hair and I was all wet from the ice so I looked like a drowned rat. :laugh:
I need to hydrate a lot more before my runs in this heat.
Today I plan a quick run out the trail. The stickiness is already awful. It is supposed to be stormy today. Later today I’m off for hair cut & color, then a few groceries.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-05 12:52 PM
be careful careful careful out there. :hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-05 4:27 PM
I hope it isn't too brutal out there.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-05 12:52 PM
hi friends - I know I've been MIA for awhile! P and I were on a 10 day road trip and I took a much needed computer break. Did a fair amount of walking on the trip with her until... Sunday we were driving home, and it was beastly hot, and I started feeling pretty lightheaded and yucky. Made it home, but it's only gotten worse with this abominable heat. I'm 26 weeks preggo today. Went to a midwife appt on Monday and my BP is super super super low. The low point for BP tends to occur around this point in pregnancy, and the heat likely brought it on. Since it is July in SE PA, the heat isn't going anywhere for awhile. To make a not so long but kinda boring story short, I'm now on modified bed rest :meh::meh::meh: and I am to avoid the outdoors until my BP symptoms improve. My midwife is hopeful that this will happen by 30 weeks but no guarantees. I'm allowed to do modified prenatal yoga (nothing that has me even slightly inverted - so no down dog, nothing in a plank pose) if I feel ok. And that's it. Sigh. I truly truly appreciate now, in a way that I really did not before, how easy my pregnancy was with P! Yeah, run-walking 7 miles the day before I went into labor like I did with P - the thought of that truly amazes me now.

-posting from the couch with my legs elevated :roll::meh: but it's worth it for a healthy baby. Sigh.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-07-05 4:09 PM
:hug: Glad to hear you are ok! Please take the medical advice. Also, remember that P is around now and her care is an added element to all this. Take good care of yourself! :hug:The heat and humidity is unreal lately.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-06 7:52 AM
:hug: yeah, being pregnant with a toddler is a whole different ball game.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-05 4:26 PM
I loved your pictures! Sorry to hear about the modified bedrest, but the time will go by fast. Good time to read books with P and stay cool.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-06 7:52 AM Edited 2018-07-06 7:55 AM
aw, thank you! She's pretty cute :hug: We had a great trip.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-05 4:23 PM
I rode my bike again. I was going to rest, but tomorrow it is suppose to rain and I need to get in my workouts. I didn't sleep well, but got up anyway. Crossing fingers, but I have been feeling ok since lowering the prednisone. Some days are rough, but overall my body is doing pretty good. I am hoping it continues to go well. I think in 6 weeks I will be totally off it. I also changed my eating habits a bit. Nothing else going on. My work schedule is lighter, and I am trying to take time out to relax more. I've been sitting outside in the nonorganic and at night more, which is very zen for me.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-06 5:55 AM
My yoga teacher says (about workout time), "It's in the turn." which can be day/night, dawn/dusk, etc. Is that like a more zen time kind of thing?
Glad the prednisone lowering is going better. :hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-06 7:53 AM
glad to hear the lowered dose is helping. Take the time to relax during your easier schedule.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Have Started