Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thirsty Thursday RTTS
- - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-05 4:49 AM
Raise your stump if you had a good 4th of July
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-05 5:04 AM
~Dang I'm tired of the heat.  So hot yesterday the squirrels were soaking their nuts in Gatorade

~Going to dinner tonight with one of runners who graduated a few years ago. Love catching up with the kids.

~Cannot figure out how to do awards for this 10 mile trail race next weekend. They want Top 3 men and women plus top 1 masters. Overall winner of course trumps first masters...but first masters  beats 2nd overall......not sure how to make the timing program do it. I may have to email the guy who wrote it

~Royals may end the season as the worst team in baseball history :cry::cry::cry::cry:

~SOOOOO sleepy all day yesterday but still couldn't fall asleep last night

~No races to time this weekend! But 2 to do next week. I spent a couple of hours yesterday getting bibs ready and programming timing chips

~Big diet starts Sunday. I am so freaking fat right now it's not funny.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-05 6:00 AM
Paleo?

Jeez, can you just manually adjust priorities for the trail race?

Yay - a weekend off for ya:hug:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-05 6:02 AM
I may have to just score it manually, yeah.

Most likely Paleo, that's where I've always had the best health
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-05 6:07 AM
I never thought about 1st Masters trumping 2nd/3rd overall awards. I guess I think of it like age groups where the overall places go first and then you go to age group so in this case you have 1-3 overall followed but 1st masters.

If it makes you feel better to commiserate, I bought a shirt yesterday that looked huge and I figured it would be way too big on me but would fit M. Nope, it fit me. It's baggy but not like omg you're wearing giant clothes baggy.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-05 6:10 AM
:sad::hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-05 5:43 AM
--I don’t have a stump. : pbbt:

--Got a lot done yesterday. Worked in the garden and weeded. Picked cucumbers and all the kohlrabi, made brownies and apple muffins, went grocery shopping, cleaned the house and got caught up on all the farm receipts.

--We hired a 13 year old Amish boy to help around the place. Iowa called Tuesday night and left a message about when he’d pick Jonathan up. Early yesterday morning Lydia, his mom, called. Not to say, “Hey, it’s the 4th of July” and/or “It’s too hot for him to work outside” like you’d get from any other teenager’s mom but instead “There is another Amish boy who is 14 who could work too.” :happy:

--We just needed one of them yesterday and he did a really good job. So eager to work and to learn. He’s dad doesn’t farm. He is a welder and this boy really wants to learn farming. I think he’s hooked up with the right person. He’ll be really good to have. And, I’m going to hire one of them to weed eat for me. Heck with that job. : pbbt:

--So, I was sweeping my office Tuesday. When I was in the main bathroom it looked like the trim was kind of wet but wet where there isn’t any water. I went into the bathroom off of Krystal’s treatment room because the two back up to one another. The toilet was leaking and had severely damaged all the trim in there. :mutmad: How the hell do you not notice something like that? It’s not like it just started leaking that day. It had been going on. So now what would have been a one minute zero cost fix is now a several hour hundred dollar plus fix. :roll:

--My supervisor is spending the day with me. It’ll be a good chance to double check that I have everything and answer a few questions I have.

--We need rain so badly. Hopefully tomorrow.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-05 5:47 AM
We got a little storm in the middle of the night. Probably some more rain this morning and another chance tonight.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-05 6:02 AM
I'm guessing the Amish don't celebrate Independence Day.

I hope you get some rain:hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-05 6:10 AM
No, they don’t celebrate the 4th. Iowa had to run to town to get some wood and Jonathan was weed eating. He ran out of string and I didn’t know where anymore was so I just had him come inside and hang out until Iowa got back. He wanted to know if the Cardinals were on TV so I let him flip that on. It’s not like we have any stations to speak of. And then he was really fascinated with my cell phone. I got a couple texts while he was here so he had to check those out.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-05 6:32 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-05 7:21 AM
I always wonder how kids who grow up that way deal. He's obviously exposed to enough things to know about TV, the cardinals, etc yet not getting to experience those whenever at home must be interesting.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-05 6:10 AM
Sounds pretty good on the kids to hire!  Are their rates good?

That sucks on the toilet. You would think she would notice and mention it
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-05 8:26 PM
We’re paying them $8/hr. For 13 and 14 year old kids I would think that would be rather attractive. They’re thrilled and it’s a great deal for us so win win. :happy:

Evidently she didn’t notice the toilet/trim. I don’t see how you could not have noticed. Oh well. Fix it and move on.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-05 6:07 AM
No stumps here. But I'm guessing in about 10 years I'll be rushing to the ER after a call that my son has blown off some body part. He was giggling and screaming last night at all the fireworks and encouraging them to 'blow them suckers up' that I'm pretty sure it is just a matter of time. :shocker!:

Survived Peachtree. It was a lovely day. Not too hot. Though they started the race a half hour early so I'm sure that helps all the later runners/walkers. Rip did excellent after the first mile and a half. After that she pretty much auto ran it all and walked the hills. Brutal hills, man. She didn't crash at all except at 4.5 whined about her feet hurting. Yeah, like I'm pain-free. : pbbt:

The only reason we didn't beat last year's time? The kid had to potty THREE freaking times during the race. The last time she had to dart into a restaurant to make it. She had an upset tummy. She pottied 5 times by the time we got home. I had to stop twice. We'll have to work on feeding her better next year. That was seriously a lot of down time at the bathroom lines, though:laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-05 6:11 AM
that is a lot of potty breaks in a 10K :shocker!::shocker!:  Do you think any of it was nerves, like nervous about the race and then get that feeling?

Go TJ! He can come play with fireworks up here haha
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-05 6:41 AM
Well, I think maybe some nerves, but we didn't feed her before the race. I typically don't eat anything big before a 10k or less. My mom forgot the protein bars she usually eats. Rip snuck a piece of chocolate pre-race. And I think her choice of dinner was poor (citrus chicken) even though I ate the same thing. (But we are all different and she is little) So a couple of things we need to work on with the chicken the night before, a piece of chocolate, nothing substantial else, and all that water and powerade and it just went through her. :sad: Oops.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-05 6:11 AM
Your son hahahaha :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-05 6:42 AM
That's my boy:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-05 6:11 AM
Gosh, your race sounds like my second Flying Pig. That’s no fun.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-05 6:42 AM
:shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-05 6:15 AM
Yesterday was supposed to be hot/humid but it was mostly overcast so way better than it could have been, especially after some storms rolled through.

Went to the neighborhood pool around Noonish and there were only a few people there. Couldn't believe how quiet it was. B wasn't in a pool mood. He had fun for about 30 min and then kept saying "all gone" and wanting to get out. I think I spent more time getting him ready and changing him after than he was actually in the pool :laugh:

Went and got ice cream after his afternoon nap. I wasn't hungry but it felt like something to do on July 4th. I got a kid size and shared it with B so not too bad.

Feels weird to be back to work today, kept thinking yesterday was Saturday.

My toe is better. Still bruised, and my foot is bruised too, but I can walk better on it each day. Still afraid to run into anything though. I haven't taped it bc it hurts more being taped than being free.

Have a feeling it is going to be quiet at work the rest of the week

Got another free item thing from Chik Fil A in the app. It expires today so I think I might use it for lunch. These people know what they're doing, give me free stuff and I will come in.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-05 6:17 AM
Hahaha I'm a sucker for the free Chik Fil A stuff too

but seems I always crave them on Sundays :roll::laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-05 6:47 AM
Man, I need to get the CFA app!

Nice of you to go to the pool and get ice cream. Sounds like a perfect Independence Day:hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-05 8:28 PM
I’ve never been to Chik-Fil-A. :blush: Never.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-06 5:38 AM
Bless your heart:hug::sad:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thirsty Thursday RTTS