Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Can someone update me on the Second Civil War?
- - By callie [ca] Date 2018-07-04 7:10 PM
I’m still waiting on my carrier pigeon with today’s news.
Parent - - By Tim [us] Date 2018-07-04 7:22 PM
I’m exporting myself to Canada before Trudeau imposes a retaliatory tariff on me. Make Canada great again!
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2018-07-05 8:55 AM
MAGA : Make Alberta Great Again :cool:
Parent - By sideshowbob Date 2018-07-05 2:46 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By callie [ca] Date 2018-07-05 3:40 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By N70SAK Date 2018-07-04 7:34 PM
Dare I suggest instituting an Americ'n Exclusion Act sooner than later. :meh:
Parent - - By Tim [us] Date 2018-07-04 8:21 PM
Please don't. But if you do, let me get across the border before it goes into effect.
Parent - By N70SAK Date 2018-07-04 8:40 PM
You don't want to go up there anyway. All that tundra is going to turn into endless swampland, primed for whatever mosquitoes move in. :meh:

My fallback plan is disappear  into the South Pacific and work on seaplanes. :meh:
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2018-07-05 8:56 AM
Polar Bears are lethal there :sad:
Parent - By N70SAK Date 2018-07-05 10:32 AM
'til they're extinct.:cry:
Parent - By sideshowbob Date 2018-07-04 8:46 PM
Sorry , the American carrier pigeon is extinct —- not a good omen, I fear ‘:sad:
Parent - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2018-07-05 10:29 AM
I'm pretty sure my side is losing.  :sad:
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2018-07-05 11:19 AM
I feel like half of the planet will be unlivable desert before a civil war can do any real damage. Also Trump's fault in large part... also Ontario people with this Doug Ford horseshit. I'm terrified for my child's future because of these fucking idiots it makes me so mad. :mutmad:
Parent - - By oitsubob [us] Date 2018-07-05 12:02 PM
Funny comments. Especially when the over 70% of the planet is uninhabitable by humans and the worlds deserts have been growing for a hell of a long time so Trump is not at fault.

Your concerns are no different than any other parent throughout time, a normal parent is always concerned about their children's future. You aren't the first and sure as hell won't be the last.

Yes, I am a cold and callous SOB FWIW.
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2018-07-05 12:10 PM
I wish I could believe this. (though I'm not arrogant enough to think I'm the first mom to worry about her kid's future).
Parent - - By oitsubob [us] Date 2018-07-05 12:19 PM
Believe what?

Do some simple reading about the growth of the deserts. The Sahara, since 1923, has grown by at least 10% if not more and is accelerating. It is one thing to recognize that it is happening, another it to let the worry rule your life.
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2018-07-05 12:26 PM
The global heat waves and starving polar bears and South African cities running out of water and melting arctic ice don't bother you ?
Parent - By oitsubob [us] Date 2018-07-05 12:33 PM
Nope. I don't even feel sorry for California and the drought they have recently gone through. You attempt to turn a barren landscape into hospitable terrain through irrigation, what do you expect when there is a lack of precipitation.

As I said in my original post, I am a callous and cold SOB. Worrying about it is not going to fix it, and action will take to long. So in a nutshell I am saying the Earth is screwed and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it.
Parent - - By N70SAK Date 2018-07-05 3:14 PM Edited 2018-07-05 3:19 PM
"Especially when the over 70% of the planet is uninhabitable by humans and the worlds deserts have been growing for a hell of a long time so Trump is not at fault."

: pbbt: No intelligent person is saying it's his fault.  Donald Dogshit is just a stepping stone for all the other assholes that got us in this mess to enter into positions of political power.... Case in point: Scott Pruitt finally resigns and the "acting" EPA administrator is a former coal lobbyist! When in the fucking 21st century back lung is on the rise.

As for your 70% of the planet is uninhabitable remark, what do you mean? The 70% that is ocean? There is a lot more than 70% of the landmasses that are "habitable". People have been living on Antarctica for a long time. It just isn't possible to sustain human life there for a long time without resources from somewhere else.

There are deserts that are growing, there are ice sheet melting, there is tundra turning to swamp. There are low lying areas flooding. Rain patterns are shifting. Dissolved gas levels in the ocean are changing. We breathe an atmosphere that has NEVER existed on this planet. EVER!

The EPA, NASA, NOAA, NWS, FAA, NFS... just to name some I'm familiar with...the list goes on... are now either headed by people that have worked to destroy or hide or deny or have conflicts of interest with the mass of work these people have done. Or, they just aren't even being staffed.

There's nothing funny about shit. The people who are trying to keep things running are forced to limit the way they communicate. You just can't do this shit and hope to make real progress. 

Now I'm even more pissed and ranting... Thanks. :mutmad:
Parent - - By oitsubob [us] Date 2018-07-05 3:33 PM
You can't worry about what you want and I will worry about what I want. I still say that the earth if screwed and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it. Maybe it would be better off if someone did start a nuclear war. Get it over with a hell of a lot faster.

Rant as much as you want and get as pissed as you want, it won't change a thing. :roll:
Parent - - By JimGo1 Date 2018-07-06 6:57 AM
Bob you seem awfully pessimistic.   People can make a difference if they work together and improve life on the planet.   Even if you ignore the scientists and  global climate change is complete BS, the world will be a better place if we implement changes to improve air quality and reduce pollution.   Yes it may cost money and drive up costs but the criteria around whether something should be done or not is not always a business or financial decision - sometimes you do something because it is the right thing to do and when people start doing that you build a cohesive society.   If climate change is unstoppable, atleast we will improve the quality of life for everyone while we're here.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-06 7:47 AM
:hug: agree 100%
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-06 8:00 AM
This :hug:
Parent - - By oitsubob [us] Date 2018-07-06 8:37 AM
No I am a realist. While what you say is true, the grand impact will be minimal.
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-07-06 5:29 PM
Dude you definitely define realist....not sure about the grand impact being minimal.  Hope that you're wrong though. :hug:
Parent - - By oitsubob [us] Date 2018-07-06 5:38 PM
The best way to be in my opinion but to each their own. I admire the dreamers for their hopes and dreams but have been shit on too much in my life. I used to be a dreamer but a hard life got in the way.
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-07-06 5:48 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By Quagmire [us] Date 2018-07-06 5:22 PM
We're all doomed.
Parent - By gadget girl Date 2018-07-09 1:06 PM
:laugh::cool:
Parent - - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2018-07-06 12:34 PM
Since I live in the part of the country that the insurrection holds it is calm today.  I have stockpiled gluten free bread to hurl (that shit will break Kevlar) at anybody who tries to take back the land of Berkeley.  our concern has turned  to internal dissention (vegan vs. vegetarian) and dealing with the great pot shortage of '18.  War is heck!!!!
Parent - By sideshowbob Date 2018-07-06 2:25 PM
POTD :laugh:
- By sideshowbob Date 2018-07-05 2:45 PM
Well, the second time it was more civil, it seems .
- By oitsubob [us] Date 2018-07-06 12:09 PM
In case you didn't here, the New Confederate States of America have broken through the thinly held lines of the North in Central Kansas and are speeding northward. They should be in the vicinity of Minot, ND by mid afternoon today and their commander says that she is going to continue driving north until they conquer all of Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Once that is accomplished they intend to turn east and west to conquer the remaining provinces of Canada.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Can someone update me on the Second Civil War?