Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / July 4th Wednesdailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-07-04 6:09 AM
Post anything you wish! :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-07-04 6:10 AM
HAPPY FOURTH TO ALL OF YOU! :grin:
Tuesday the humidity was lousy, but I went down to the park. I found my buddy and was able to join her for a while. It took me forever to cool down after the run even though I was wearing ice. I need to hydrate a lot more before my runs in this heat.
Today I plan a quick run out the trail.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-07-04 6:51 AM
It is so nasty out there. :cry:  It's hard to not be perpetually dehydrated.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-04 9:40 AM
It IS nasty out there! However, only one guy on a bike stopped to find out if I was ok. :laugh:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-04 4:57 PM
Do you run with water? Humidity is a killer.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-04 6:42 PM
There are water fountains in the park and at each end of the trail.
We also have the police department at one end and the fire house at the other. :laugh: The trail and park both have good bathrooms. :grin:
I did drink more this morning before my run, and plan to increase it tomorrow morning before I go out.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-07-04 6:50 AM
I ran 5.8 slow miles this morning.  It rained briefly as I headed out, but it was also sunny, which means the weather was a lovely combination of steaming and broiling. :roll:  Most of the family went for a picnic and laser/fireworks show last night, but Dad and I stayed home and mowed.  Nothing much planned for the 4th aside from being annoyed at the random people who will inevitably be setting off fireworks in the middle of the night.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-04 9:43 AM
Great work on the 5.8 miler! Firecrackers sometimes end up on my balcony. :meh:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-04 4:59 PM
That's the worst kind of weather. I like fireworks, but not when they are going off all night long.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-07-04 6:55 AM Edited 2018-07-04 6:59 AM
Happy 4th for the Americans! Canadians please return to your regularly scheduled workday.

Did about 4 total with the middle three my version of speedwork (run hard 4 off 4 minutes, repeat). I am proud that I have been doing at least one day a week of this work and one day of either stairs or longer tempo style work. I know as you get older it is easier to slow down and not do the hard work but its the hard work that will keep me from getting really slow I hope!

later G and I will go to the gym and lift. He has been really getting into it lately, hes gone from when we started last month squatting maybe 20lbs to up to 90 now and benching from 10lb dumbells to 40 (on a smith machine no full free weights until he is 12) - that is a ton of improvement. Plus his pushups and situps are getting better too. He is also  becoming more body confident as he gets stronger and loses some of his belly fat.

We have a ton of neighborhood parties to attend before we go down to the bay to watch the fireworks later (and shoot a ton of our own). I know there are a lot of people who hate them due to pets and all but we just love them. I guess with all the thunder here anyway most are used to loud banging noises.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-04 9:46 AM
Great job on the workout! G is doing an excellent job with his workouts!
Hope you enjoy the fireworks. :happy:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-04 4:56 PM
Enjoy your festivities!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-07-04 7:02 PM
Canadians had THEIR holiday on Monday.

Good for you on the run! And for G lifting.

Fireworks are absolutely illegal here due to fire danger but that does not stop people setting them off.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-04 4:55 PM
I had a nice bike ride this morning, followed by some core and strength exercises. I don't do much, but anything is better than nothing. It was a nice relaxing day. It feels like the weekend.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-04 6:44 PM
Great work on the bike ride and exercises! It isn't "how much" always, but the repetition as often as you feel up to it. :hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-07-04 7:02 PM
Yay on the workout!

Agree, it feels like Sunday.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-07-04 7:01 PM
Foggy this morning, then hot. 4.5 before parade duty -- no I wasn't in it, I was on potty patrol at church. We wound up having 238 people come through in 4 hours (we don't usually have that many at Sunday services!) and the donation basket collected $94. Apparently 3 people thought $20 was a reasonable price to pay for access to clean bathrooms.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-07-04 7:39 PM
More likely three people wanted to give something and didn't have change. :laugh:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-05 5:08 AM
:laugh: The need to twiddle is a basic need.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-07-05 4:38 PM
I'm thinking Swannie is right. And they were not comfortable asking for change. (The which I would have given them if I had it, frankly.)
Up Topic Communities / Women / July 4th Wednesdailies