Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Taco Tuesday 3-Jul-2018
- - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-03 7:26 AM
Beef? Chicken? Fish? other?
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-03 7:27 AM
my favorite is shredded beef with lettuce, cheese, and of course, salsa.

15 minutes on the ET last night.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-03 7:39 AM
Had intended to do another night run last night but I was way too drained by nightfall and settled for a Rita's water ice and a cold shower. 

Prepping for big 4th of July BBQ for our homeless and hungry friends.  COL Tom has just returned from NC so COL Tom's BBQ will be cooking up something more than burgers and dogs.   Would love to have some of that good NC beer to accompany it, but that might not go over well at church or Friendship House.

Still have fond memories of fresh fish Tacos in La Paz Mexico.  Never had anything close to that here.

Tom in DE
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-03 8:15 AM
Oh I like them all!  Not picky at all.  I also like to make a portobello mushroom taco -- yummy!

Another HOTT day here but on the bright side -- the skies are sunny and blue!  Plus I can go to the gym and workout.

I am going to make a trifle for tomorrow and I have the fruit all ready; strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.

Stay cool and hydrate!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-03 8:34 AM
Lisa stuffs a white chocolate chip into the divot of raspberries and serves them as extremely mini raspberry cheese cakes.  They are delish and habit forming.  I uncovered a raspberry bush in their backyard when I was pruning.  They were so excited!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-03 4:58 PM
I may have to try that quick dessert next time.  Thanks!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-03 8:40 AM
Hi Mark.  I like them all but I'd rather have chicken in an enchilada than a taco. 

A rep from the mfgr of our kitchen counter tops will be here at noon.  One section came in with an unfinished edge that is a mfgr mistake.  He thinks he can correct it on site.  Lee is coming home from work for it thank goodness.  I don't like dealing with claims for bad merchandise.

And I have an out, meeting former co-workers for burger at noon today.  We used to get together twice a year and you know how that goes....haven't seen these ladies in almost 2 years.:cry:  I'm planning on The Factory Special which is a burger with bacon and hickory BBQ sauce on a pretzel roll.

I did a really difficult ab workout yesterday so today is light yoga after I get after the yard.  Look out weeds, I'm coming to get you.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-03 9:13 AM
that burger sounds awesome
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-03 9:12 AM
Been into fish or shrimp tacos lately. But beef, pork or chicken are fine too. I just like food.

5.69 sweaty ones this morning.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-03 9:41 AM
How's the weight after the 100 miler?     Are you training for anything in particular?
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-03 10:06 AM
weight went up 5 pounds. but a few weeks ok i started eating better. back to race weight.
I am thinking about doing the  Harrisburg PA marathon in November. would start training for that on July 22
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2018-07-03 11:19 AM
I was all oh! I'll do that race too, but they don't have a half marathon and I don't want to do a full.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-03 11:21 AM
Run halfway and stop. Or do the relay with some people.
I haven't signed up yet. But seriously thinking about. Can sign up for this one late. So I will probably train for it, and if all is going well with training I will sign up in October.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-03 12:53 PM
Soupy morning.  Ran 6. 

I received a call this morning to drive the lunch bus.  The school system feeds lunch to kids in my area on M-F.  I have another lady who helps with the food.  I just had to drive to four locations.  The bus is air conditioned.   It was nice to see some of my students and former students. 

Fish.  I had a chicken burrito yesterday at a Mexican restaurant.
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2018-07-03 2:19 PM
:blush: It’s been too long. My clinical rotation in family medicine is finally over. I loved it. I get to back in the fall once a week because my school screwed up my public health placement so I only got half my hours in the clinic. Silver lining is that I learned so much in family medicine that I’m happy to go back. Now I can concentrate on my summer class and relax.

Today I did the rest of my yard work which was interrupted by a swarm of highly ticked off hornets :cry: I have about 15 stings. I literally ran the John Deere into the side of the porch (only in 1st gear) and turned it off and ran but I was already stung. They are bald faced wasps or hornets. Black and white. Very aggressive and vicious buggers. Today I got stung two more times taking up my clippings from yesterday. As far as I’m concerned that corner of the house can overgrow into a jungle for all I care. Not going near it again :laugh:

After yard work I ran 4 miles and went for a swim. Tomorrow I’ll swim and bike in the morning and then maybe run later.

Miss you guys. I’ll try and be a better poster.

:grin:

Marilyn, I’ll catch up my step challenge posts today. 

And I love all tacos as long as it’s a crunchy corn tortilla
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-03 2:58 PM
you are the busiest lady I know.  Thanks for stopping in.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-03 5:40 PM
Thanks Dottie!  My Fitbit won't sync with my phone or laptop, so all I can post is 10,000 steps when I know I have done more.   I had my phone on me Monday and think I logged about 13,000 steps.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-03 5:39 PM
Well I did a workout video and then I cleaned my bathroom.  It was too hot to drive to the gym.  I did clean the birdbath and refilled it with fresh water.  My birds love that!

I had so much to discuss and now it's all gone.  Oh one thing I was going to mention was that our local grocery store is going to do limited deliveries of wine and beer.  Now guys are we really getting that lazy?  Now I understand the grocery pickup and delivery, especially if you are a working parent and have small children.   Or if you are ill, have an ill child or if you don't have a car.  But come on, does everything have to be delivered?  What about socializing?  Getting out of the house?  Seeing new people?  What kind of society are we becoming?

We are going to the main plaza to hear the Boerne Village Band perform.  Should be fun.  The kids get out there and dance, the high school band members will be selling food and ice cream.  We'll probably take a few cold ones and our chairs. 

That's it for now.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Taco Tuesday 3-Jul-2018