Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesday Sunshine dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-07-03 5:17 AM
Hot & very humid here. You'd think it was summer. : pbbt:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-07-03 5:19 AM
Monday it was getting hot but already humid. I got in 45 minutes out the trail. Even though I had 7 ice cubes around my neck, it was awful to breathe and really hard to cool off after the run. Ospreys were active in the nest, geese were in a community by the water, chipmunks darting all over.
Today I must get out earlier. The book I’ve been awaiting has arrived so I will make a library trip after the run. The humidity is getting to me. Did I already mention that? HA!
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-03 5:32 AM
Nothing like running in a sauna to help you break a sweat. : pbbt:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-07-03 10:22 AM
You know, that is really true! I almost never sweat, but I think part of that is my elderly body is not really being efficient. I am more careful now since that seems to be the case. I really need to hydrate a lot more before my morning runs. :blush:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-03 12:56 PM
I actually think sweating is good since it cools your body down. Unfortunately humidity does not allow the sweat to evaporate and makes it harder to cool the body.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-03 3:50 PM
This is bad weather for runners. Ice cubes is such a good idea.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-03 5:31 AM
I made it to the gym last night later than planned so I missed my weight class. I ran a mile on the track and then did 35 minutes of weights and called it good.

Work has been crazy and I am doing my best. I need to keep repeating that to myself instead of trying to convince myself that eventually I'll make everyone happy if I just try hard enough. :laugh:

Rest today because I have a hot hot hot 4 miler tomorrow morning. I dreamed last night that I felt good on race day because of all my hill training. I hope I wake up with that feeling tomorrow.: pbbt:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-03 10:24 AM
Best of luck with the 4 miler tomorrow! This summer heat is hard to manage. :meh:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-03 3:50 PM
Good luck tomorrow!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-07-03 5:15 PM
Good luck with the race tomorrow!
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-07-03 12:19 PM
pool swim this morning. It is SO beautiful outside, I can't wait to have the day off tomorrow and just get to enjoy the weather. Even if I don't go further than my hammock and the chicken channel, it will be a perfect day!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-03 12:57 PM
Enjoy the day in your hammock. I need to get to the pool.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-03 3:48 PM
Enjoy!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-03 8:02 PM
Chickens! :hug:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-03 3:48 PM
I rode my bike this morning, although the bed magnet was strong. Tomorrow I will sleep in. It is so hot here and I hate it. I am looking forward to being off tomorrow. I need to get back to doing core work. My foot feels better when I wear sneakers, so I am sticking to them for now. Heavy clunky sneakers in hot temps.:laugh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-03 7:04 PM
Whatever it takes to protect your feet.  I find some days I just need my sleep.  Glad you were able to bike.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-07-03 5:01 PM
Hot here, not that humid. 4 miles this morning.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-03 7:04 PM
Good for you getting it done.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesday Sunshine dailies