Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Make this a short week Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-02 5:05 AM
I’m guessing most of us have at least one day off this week. Next year I’m going to take a PTO and have a 5 day weekend. :cool:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-02 5:12 AM
--Going to talk to Krystal and see if she and her friend (who is getting a very slow start to her massage career---thanks to a town that is saturated in massage therapists and a crappy location) about buying me out. Even with financing the whole shebang they wouldn’t be paying  anymore in a building payment, taxes/insurance and utilities than they’re both paying in rent.

--I’d like to hang out to it thru the winter and get out about April. That would be perfect.

--Picked a 5-gallon bucket of beets yesterday. WTH do you do with that many beets? I’m not pickling or freezing them. They don’t get eaten. So, I made beet juice. What a chore that was. I got myself in to a lot bigger project than I was intending. Ended up with 8 pints and a quart. Canned the pints and put the quart in the fridge.

--Made a smoothie this morning using some of the beet juice. It’s not bad. The berries disguise the flavor.

--Sold 35 dozen of sweet corn yesterday. I have an order for 3 dozen this morning. Not bad.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-02 5:25 AM
But where will I get my yearly massage????? : pbbt:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-02 6:03 AM
Yearly? When did you start going so frequently? : pbbt:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-02 6:11 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-02 6:41 AM
They would just be buying the building, not really buying the client list right?

Not just WTH do you do with them, but Why TH did you plant so many? lol
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-02 11:35 AM
Building, many of the contents like desk, file cabinet, chairs, water dispenser, decor, etc. plus clientele.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-02 11:37 AM
Oh, I’m not the responsible beet planter. : pbbt:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-03 6:40 AM
obviously neither planter is very responsible :laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-02 5:40 AM
~I'm off Wednesday. I may go stay at a hotel to get away from all the effing fireworks

~Timed an epic shit show of a race this weekend. Even wrote a report about it in another post.

~Got back to our hotel yesterday after timing about 8am. Slept til noonish then came home.

~Bomb Threat at the K Mart last night. Not sure why that store is even still open.

~Freaking sleepy

~Bashed my head at the race no less than 8 times. Most of them stepping up into our timing trailer. Once on the easy up tent and once on the truck door. The last one scrapped off a few inches of skin. still hurts.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-02 6:00 AM
Didn't know Kmarts were still around:shocker!: Guessing someone didn't wanna go to work:meh:

Will a hotel be away enough from all the fireworks?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-02 6:03 AM
Yeah Suzi's hotel has no residential areas around. Should be quiet as a mouse hahaha
Doubt they have any rooms though
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-02 6:02 AM
I noticed some posts on FB where people are already bitching about the fireworks in Aurora. So glad I don’t live in town anymore.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-02 6:42 AM
ouch!

the race was the shit show, not the timing part, right?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-02 6:44 AM
Oh no the timing was fucked because of it. Trying to get it all sorted out.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-02 5:59 AM
So glad I went. The gulf was sapphire aquamarine, clear, calm, warm happiness. I pretty much just checked out after one step in. WOW.

Q's car - OMG. So glad the kids didn't have to ride in that thing any longer. Q was very thankful. He never asked me to come down, but I know he was super relieved that I did. Even more than me just ordering him a rental car.

So glad Spain is out of the World Cup. They just truly pissed me off watching them Sunday before we left. Losers.  They totally deserved to be out.

Need another pedicure.....

2 days until Peachtree!:cool:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-02 6:11 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-02 6:42 AM
Is his car getting fixed down there?

Glad you got to enjoy the beach
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-02 7:05 AM
No, he followed us in his car. He'll take it somewhere up here today to get inspected and repaired with insurance.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-02 5:30 PM
Don’t stay at the Marriot. :laugh::cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-02 6:08 AM
Forgot to mention. My niece came home from Spain this weekend. She had a connecting flight in Miami. Got to Miami and her flight was cancelled. It was the last flight of the day. Airline was giving everyone hotel and food vouchers. After standing in line for 2 hours Willow got to the counter to get a $62 food voucher and word that she can’t get a room because she’s not 18. Ended up spending the night at the airport being “monitored” in a room with other under-age travelers. Got re-routed the next morning on a flight that connected thru Philadelphia. Nothing like spending an additional 12 hours in the airport and tacking on another couple hours plus a connection onto your travel. All on your 16th birthday no less. :cry: She was in pretty good spirits about the whole thing. She doesn’t get too flustered or worried when things like this are thrown her way.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-02 6:12 AM
WOW what a mess! I'd have been freaking myself  :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-02 6:13 AM
Wow! what a mess to deal with! I'd never thought about the voucher thing with minors.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-02 6:40 AM
oh wow that would be nuts, but I'm glad she's a seasoned traveler. $62 for food seems like a lot although airports are expensive!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-02 6:37 AM
I'm pretty sure I broke my pinky toe. I stubbed it really hard yesterday and pretty much couldn't walk the rest of the day. It turned purple as the day went on and I think the toe next to it is hurt too bc it hurts to touch. So much for walking and working out now.

I'm wearing my black running shoes with capris at work bc I want some protection for my foot and the rest of my shoes hurt.  I look good :laugh:

My tire pressure light came on this morning and when I got to daycare I saw it was flat. Ugh. Thank goodness it didn't have issues while driving home with B on the interstate last night.

M took my car to have it looked at and not only do I get one new tire but I get 4. I swear I just got new tires a few years ago. Had this not happened I'm sure it would have been a while before I got them. He and I have different opinions on when stuff like that is needed

Going to be a weird week with the holiday in the middle of it.

Party went well this weekend. I think the fireworks went off the best they have although I think they were dying setting them up in the heat in the morning.

Apparently during the show some random neighbor walked up to the house where we were shooting them off and took a pic of the mailbox :laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-02 6:51 AM
Broken Toe!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-02 7:05 AM
Ouch on the pinky toe! :cry::cry:

Four new tires always make me feel new and shiny in my car. I ended up having to get 4 new tires on Thursday night before driving down to FL. Thankfully the tires on my new car are way cheaper than the tires on my older model.

What happened to the mailbox?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-02 9:48 AM
best guess is the guy was mad about the fireworks and wanted to know which house it was coming from to report it to someone later? Not 100% sure but that was the guess.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Make this a short week Monday RTTs