Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday, July 1, 2018 Hello Masters
- - By rungear [us] Date 2018-06-30 11:04 PM
Hello Master, have a good Sunday!  And, Hello JULY!!!

Mark, way to go on your 5K.  

Hear in the S.F. Bay, it has been hot, 100s in the valleys, and sadly the whole area is so dry  there are many ugly fires in the grassy/woody areas, a devastating one now in Concord, CA.

I've log daily 4ish mile PW's this week, and that is kind my weekly from week to week.   I usually am not on the trail until 9-10am and it is HOT!!!   But it is healthy - I tell myself, and am always with a friend which helps a lot!

So whatcha up to today, come aboard and tell us!

See Ya'll Later.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-01 6:24 AM
Good morning Jim and thanks for the start.

I read an article yesterday with 10 physicians recommendations for a long healthy life.  7 of the 10 said daily exercise is the key.  So yes, even though the temps are HOT, what we do is healthy!

Today is my husband's birthday.  I made coconut cake yesterday and we got into it a day early:grin:   He's out running to celebrate his day.  I'm getting ready for church.  Dog has been walked.  Cat is angry.  Typical day at the Naff Haus.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-01 6:50 AM
Happy Birthday to Lee!  Oh a cup of coffee and a slice of coconut cake would be perfect right now.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-07-01 2:52 PM
Happy Birthday Lee! :happy:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-01 6:50 AM
I am up and finishing up my second cup of coffee.  I too need to get ready for church, so this will be a short post.

Thanks for starting us Jim!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-01 11:58 AM
I didn't feel like running this morning so I had breakfast and coffee on the front porch.

But after church I was more in the mood for a run so I told Cindy I would rather go to the gym than out to lunch. We drove separately so I went to the gym and Cindy went to lunch. I ran 3 on the treadmill. I want to run today and tomorrow because I'll probably be off on Tuesday for a long day at the office.  And it wouldn't hurt to rest Tuesday before the 5k on Wednesday morning.

A week from today, the kid will be here, running loose in WV.  With Toys R Us out of business, that should save me some money.

A guy in the condo across from us died yesterday. Cancer (colon) I believe.  I didn't know him very well but we spoke on occasion. The condo was a second home so they were gone for long stretches. He came through the initial rounds of treatment with positive results but then it came back and was unstoppable. He was only 69. (The condos are filled with people in their 80's). He has 3 daughters, a son, and seemingly 100 grandkids who are always visiting and playing over at the condo.  His youngest daughter and her family attends our church. Cindy is involved with making some meals for the family.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-07-01 3:17 PM
69, sad!

I long time friend of mine is in the hospital with some heart issue.  He went in to ER Monday, and after about 12 hours of open heart surgery - the flow of blood had a negative effect on his congnitivty, so much and on Tuesday he did not recognize anyone, not his wife, nor two daughters and me, when I visited him on Tuesday and Wednesday, and when I visited Thursday he knew me and his family.   For some reason all of his body is swollen (although in time he will be back to normal).   when visiting him due to all the meds feeding his body, he is on and mostly off, - he was been moved from IC on Saturday to another section where they will work with him to help him regain his agility - sit up, stand up and eventually walk.    But for now - bed ridden, but as I left his room today they were talking with him about sitting up in his hospital bed/chair.

Frank and I go back to 1972 (@Clorox), and we ran the running club "NOONER"(noon time runners)  (I used to even have a website for the Nooners.   Frank was an engineering director and I the chemist (Sr. Research Associate).   We had about 15 people on the running team (we all new each other from working together).  Many fun memories from the work/running days 1972 - 2001!

See ya.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-01 3:27 PM
We all survived the big party and I think Rebecca had a good time.

Decided to skip the workout and chilled in the creek with Katy in this afternoon. Sitting in a creek up to your neck is pretty good way to spend a Sunday afternoon when it is 98 degrees.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-01 6:12 PM
cool dad:cool:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday, July 1, 2018 Hello Masters