Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, 30 Jun 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-30 6:10 AM
And the second quarter comes to an end!  Good thing I don't have to worry about financials.

So are you planning a 4th of July bash?  Big?  Small?  Fireworks?

Post away.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-30 7:01 AM Edited 2018-06-30 7:04 AM
6.4 super humid miles this morning. The kind of run where your skin gets wrinkled like you soaked in a bathtub.

82.88 for June
508.53 YTD

I set a goal to get back to 1000 miles for the year after coming up short the last couple years and through 6 months I am still on track.

There are actually 3 more days in the next 6 months so we really aren't halfway yet. My running log says today is day 181 and there are 184 days remaining.

On the 4th, I am going to run a 5k in Greenup KY, then probably have a hotdog with the old folks here at the condos. (We are having a hotdog lunch).  Hopefully it will be in the clubhouse and not out by the pool since it will be in the 90's.  Last year, our town put on the fireworks in an open patch just down the street.  We sat outside my in-laws' condo and had a perfect view.  I hope they do that again this year.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-30 1:09 PM
We are having hotdogs on the 4th also!  I'll need to find something else for me to eat as I am not a big hot dog fan.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-30 5:06 PM
Nobody really stops to think how wonky our calendar is until they have to write code that can do both "every two weeks" and "twice a month" correctly.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-30 7:28 AM
2nd quarter; spoken like a true financial guru.    No July 4th bash tho we may have told Matthew he had to get the kitchen done by then because of big party plans:wink:

Fireworks tonight in our town.  Amy may come home and we'll go.  If she doesn't come we won't bother.  There is a better show on Wednesday in my old home town.  That one's a possibility.

Yesterday I was able to do outside stuff until 10.  Today I had to quit by 8. :sad:  Too much humidity.

Working on some arm strength stuff in yoga, laundry, and putting the kitchen back in order for the remainder of the day.

Wishing for a good day for all my Master's friends.:happy:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-30 1:12 PM
I went out for my power walk this morning and then came home and cleaned my bedroom.  We had a nice breeze this morning so the walk was sort of pleasant.

I have checked out 3 books from the library and now am on my third.  Gosh I forgot how much I enjoyed reading!  I do like the audio books but I like the fact that I don't need any electronics to read.

Enjoy the day!
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-30 5:02 PM
I love to read too. But lately it seems every time I sit still long enough to read, I fall asleep.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-30 5:00 PM
Whew, Quite a day.

First the 5K and then a bunch of running around for the party. Two trips to Lowes and three trips to the grocery store - though the last trip was my fault - I underestimated how much ice we would need.

Not to mention having to take care of a wasp nest bigger than my two fists combined.

No real plans for the 4th. We probably will go over to UD to see the fireworks.

Mark.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-30 5:25 PM
Enjoy the party!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, 30 Jun 2018