Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday June 28, 2018
- - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-28 4:46 AM
Good morning all!! Rise and shine! :hug: It's a gray cloudy rainy day here in New England.

Last night's Tiki Trail was so fun! Ironic thing was I wasn't really in the mood to run it. When I walked into registration one lady said "there's a series runner." Uh no. She says my goodness you are here like a series runner. I told her that today was my 2 year breast cancer surgery. Her eyes got so big. Chris told her I was amazingly strong. Awwww. She couldn't believe how healthy and strong I looked. I love those comments. Makes me feel normal again. Maybe that gave me energy. Was feeling tired and not very energetic. A couple of our neighbors were there. Super fast runners, but they brought a woman my speed with them. Kind of a cool evening out, but that was quickly over at mile 1. Was an awesome run. So far I have taken time off every week. Last night I ran 33:36. Was surprised I was able to pull that off. But had a great time!!

I'm off to yoga and work this morning. Have a fabulous day masters.

Post em...and what ever else is happening.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-28 6:24 AM
Good morning Deb and others to follow

Thanks for starting us out Deb.   You are a strong person and I am very happy that you are a survivor.  I know that sounds odd but I don't know what words to use exactly.  Today would have been my Mom's 82nd birthday.  The medical progress made to fight breast cancer has come a long way in the past 28 years.  Enjoy your day.

Nothing new to report here.  We are all complaining about the heat.  But at least the sky is not dreary.

We went to the Library yesterday and I checked out a book and read it all in one day -- "The Summer Girls" by Mary Alice Monroe.   It definitely is a beach read book. 

Have a good day all!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-28 10:14 AM
Where is everyone?  Did we scare you away?
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-28 1:36 PM
I think it’s me. :sad:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-28 1:43 PM
Oh gosh no!  I like your posts.

Maybe they are all out running : pbbt:

But at least you and I posted.  I just returned from seeing my hairdresser.  Sometimes I think of just letting my hair go gray, but I don't think all that gray would look good with my dark complexion.  I know you mentioned that you stopped coloring your hair years ago. 

Now don't let the lack of posts scare you away.  I expect to see you here tomorrow!:hug:
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-06-28 5:10 PM
I stopped coloring my hair when I moved up here. It's growing out nicely, I really like my gray!
I've even gotten a few compliments on it... :shocker!:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-28 7:01 PM
Do you wear your hair short?  I think it's easier to grow the gray when the hair is short.  I do want to cut my hair.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-06-29 8:41 PM
No, I have long hair, middle of the back long.

I'm a natural blonde, but it started going more brown/dishwater-ish after I had kids, so I started with highlights, and of course, ended up with more color as the years rolled on.
I have a lot of very white gray, so it's just blending in as it grows out. The darker gray is more noticeable but I just don't care! It will be a long time before I'm fully gray because I'm not going to cut my hair, other than trims. 

You should try it, you can always change your mind. I've been thinking of doing it for years, but since I moved up here and didn't want to play "find a hairdresser you can trust" it was a good time to do it.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-28 4:40 PM
Definitely not you Deb. Things seem to go in cycles around here. One day we'll have 30-40 posts and then the next - nothing. I'm sure you can find plenty of post I started that got very few replies.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-29 11:41 AM
Yes it is. When ever I start a post very few post. Oh well...tried to come back, but still very cliquish here. Over and out.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-28 4:39 PM
Guess I form the evening crew.

Way too busy at the moment to find time to peek in during the day.

No run tonight, I have worship band practice.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-28 7:00 PM
Hope the practice went well.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-28 5:34 PM
I'm going to post with the evening crew because Mark is cool.

Done Amtrak'n for the week.  I am home.  I am exhausted.  I love the train.  Also, my kitchen counter tops were installed while I was gone so it is like coming home to a new house.  Backsplash guy comes tomorrow.  Then we are done.  Never again.  The rest of the house can stay as is and when I move to Shady Hills Rest Home the new owners can do what they want.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-28 6:17 PM
Yes, home renovations can be quite an ordeal.

Your Amtrak trip sounds like it was awesome.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-28 7:00 PM
You have had an exciting week so far; Amtrak trip and kitchen renovations.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-28 7:01 PM
I can Amtrak Chicago to San Antonio in 37.5 hours.:wink::laugh:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-28 7:42 PM
Or fly in 4 hours or less. 

How many stops on Amtrak?  That is a long time.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-29 5:30 AM
29!:shocker!:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-28 6:50 PM
Went into the office early. Came home late. No run. No nothing.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-28 6:59 PM
That does not make Dave happy.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-28 6:59 PM
:cry:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-06-29 5:50 AM
Deb-So happy to hear that you had such a good time at the Tiki Trail run! I so get the comment about feeling "normal" again! Hugs to you!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-29 12:12 PM
Hey Deb, catching up on some of the prior posts this week.....You are taking time off every week?  Wow!!  Love your comeback story:happy:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-29 12:30 PM
Hello!

(Comcast has been having problems since about 12:30, all over the country.  I could get to some internet sites but not others. This was one that wasn't working and now does. TV is still blank, but I don't watch it during work anyway. I just was checking it to see if it was working.)
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-07-03 1:59 PM
Hi Deb! :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday June 28, 2018