Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursday Thoughts (Dailies)
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-28 4:28 AM
Man it's early.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-28 4:31 AM
I had a complete fail on my run last night. I knew it was a possibility when I saw my workload for the day. I did have a good run Tuesday night. I had to make grocery store "run" so I parked at the store, ran 2.5 out and 2.5 back (5 total)  and then grabbed my items and went home. Much better than running from home and then trying to convince myself to go to the store when I got back all sweaty.

Any way because I didn't  run last night, it made it easier to get up early this morning. Just waiting for it to get a little lighter...Hoping to do 4-5.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-06-28 5:26 AM
Smart idea to start and end at the grocery store!  Also convenient if you need a post-run snack. :laugh:

I hope you had a good run this morning!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-06-28 5:35 AM
How can a 5 mile run be a failure? Especially with grocery as well? We runners are really demanding of ourselves. I know what you mean. The grocery has to be tacked onto the run finish or I won't want to go even though it's an easy thing for me. :wink:
Hope you have a fun 4-5 miler today. :happy:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-28 6:30 AM
Tuesday was a success! Wednesday was the UNSDO. If I run tomorrow, it will become an SDO since I rest 1 weekday every week.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-28 9:12 AM
Rest is such an important piece of training! Good that you are doing it. :hug:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-06-28 5:25 AM
I'm up early, too.  I'm taking China sis to a doctor's appointment this morning so I headed out right as it was getting light.  I ran 5.2, but it wasn't anything fancy.  Warm and humid, as always, but I did run.  Now I need a shower and caffeine.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-28 5:33 AM
Great work on the 5.2! It doesn't have to be fancy. :laugh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-28 8:47 AM
Shower and caffeine-yeah!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-06-28 5:31 AM
Wednesday was stormy so I did my 35 minutes on the TM. Afternoon was 3 hours of heavy volunteer work. Whew!
Today I hope to run out the trail pretty soon. It looks like rain. I’d better scoot!
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-28 8:48 AM
Beat the rain!
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-06-28 9:55 AM
30 min in the pool. I hate summer hours at work as they drastically cut into my morning workout routine (we start at 7:30 instead of 8). But I got it done.: pbbt:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-28 12:53 PM
Great job on the pool work. :grin:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-29 10:55 AM
I thought summer hours were supposed to be more convenient,:laugh:
Parent - - By runnertype [us] Date 2018-06-28 11:53 AM
Popping in here to say hi to everyone. :hug:

Just back from a 4 day trip to Iceland, rolled into the driveway about 5 AM, slept for a while; now trying to catch up on some work. Hoping to get in a few miles later this evening when it cools off a bit.

What a fantastic, beautiful country. I did not get a chance to try and meet Gunna, since we were doing a whirlwind trip, but I definitely want to go back. Spectacular landscapes, great hiking, friendly people, and absolutely amazing food. Wow! Highlights were the great hiking and whale watching in which we saw 3 whales. :hug::hug: Only negatives were quite a bit of rain (but we were prepared) and, as expected, somewhat expensive in terms of food costs. So that's my brief travelogue-those of you who live in cities served by Wow airlines-Chicago, LA, Denver, and Boston, although there are others I think; I can definitely recommend. It's a no-frills airline, so you need to pack lightly, bring food, etc,; but you can't beat the price. We scored roundtrip tickets out of Chicago for just over $200 a piece, then spent an additional 100 or so to get bigger seats. Still a steal and cheaper than I can get a ticket to California from here.

Hope all of you are well and those in the south are surviving the summer heat.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-28 12:54 PM
Welcome back and glad you had a great time! :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursday Thoughts (Dailies)