Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wake up for the Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-27 5:41 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-27 5:56 AM
--Actually got up at 5 a.m. and did a workout. :shocker!:

--We were advised yesterday at work to start walking every day to prepare ourselves for the physical activity training the end of July/first of August. Evidently in the past there have been issues with other Nutrition Educators having difficulty with the course. I refuse to be one of those. : pbbt:

--Had to create a lesson plan yesterday to present today. I did one from some curriculum called “Grow It, Try It, Like It”. In it we’re reviewing what we learned about cantaloupe from the previous lesson and then planting some cantaloupe seeds. :grin:

--I ordered two Missouri Tigers shirts just to have to wear to work. That was hard. I’m a Jayhawk alum. :wink:

--Sweet corn will be ready this weekend. Coons got in to some of it the night before last. We got the fence posts put up yesterday and the battery is charging. We’ll run the wire tonight and then give them a good jolt. Last night we hooked up a radio and left that blaring. That usually works for the first night or two.

--I think we’re going to go ahead and get a bid from a contractor to build the house. We’re still toying with the idea of doing all the contracting ourselves though too. Decision decisions.

--I may end up only needing to work 5-6 hours by the time Friday rolls around. :cool:

--Just got an order for 9 dozen ears of corn. :cool: Need to post on FB and send out a couple texts.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-06-27 6:05 AM
M-I-Z   hahahaha

If walking every day prepares you for your physical activity training then I'm not sure it's very strenuous : pbbt:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-27 3:06 PM
That was my thought too. However, a couple of the gals they hired aren’t exactly a visual of good nutrition. :blush: I’m guessing they’re going to have a rough go with any type of physical activity.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-27 6:10 AM
What kind of physical activity training is it? How strong and agile do Nutrition Educators need to be? :shocker!::wtf:

Good job getting up and working out!

Sweet corn - yum!
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-27 3:08 PM
I have no idea on the physical activity training. The Family Nutrition Education Program provides their own training so it’s not like we’re going thru any outside source like ACE, ACSM, NCCPT, etc. All of the exercises are quite simple and I know squats and lunges are excluded. I don’t think this is going to be any issue for me.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-06-27 6:55 AM
I am sure you will have no problems with the physical activity course.  :cool:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-06-27 6:03 AM
~So sleepy

~Gonna be hot AF the next few days. Heat indices around 110

~Came in yesterday and our audio server had crashed. What a nightmare.  Any work I have done over the last 3 years is all gone.

~Live broadcast today at the Plasma Center. 100 degrees. Standing in a parking lot. Joy.

~Programmed a couple hundred bibs and show tags for this weekend's overnight 50K. Hope I can stay awake all night haha

~Just a couple of days into new HBP meds. Not sure I feel much of a diff. Others I have talked to said they noticed immediately. We'll give it a bit. Supposed to follow up with Dr in 2 weeks
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-27 6:11 AM
The last three years? OMG:cry::cry::cry:

I hope your meds help you feel better:hug:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-06-27 6:57 AM
That's a bummer that you aren't noticing a difference right away with the new meds.  Hopefully they will end up being better than the old ones, even if it is taking awhile to get there.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-27 3:09 PM
Hot AF here too. :cry: I even wore a dress today because of minimal clothing touching my body. :laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-27 6:22 AM
Busted lips are fun:mutmad:

So last night Q and the kids were in a fender-bender. Everyone is ok. I actually heard the wreck over the phone. I wonder if it is because he answered the phone. I haven't asked him yet. But he ran into the car in front of him. His car is still drive-able. He didn't get a ticket, just an incident report. So i called him to talk to the kids. He answered but not even said hello yet and I heard the hit and Q say "Cuno su madre". His favorite swear word in spanish. Then he says 'We are ok, kids will call you back. I just had a wreck." 

And Ripley's feedback after the wreck - "At least it isn't cold like when Poppy wrecked" :roll::laugh: Yeah we froze our butts off that night last December. Tj didn't much care.

I'm not so keen on them driving that car back here. I'm tempted to go get the kids on Friday. At least they are all ok.

Meh. I look like crap today with sunburned face and busted lips and dry thin hair:cry: WTFE:mutmad:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-06-27 6:58 AM
Thank goodness everyone is ok.  :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-27 7:00 AM
Yup. I told Q i'd come get them if necessary. Or arrange for a rental car. Or whatever he needed.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-27 3:11 PM
Glad that no one was hurt. Lucky for Q he didn’t get a ticket. I thought when you rear ended someone it was pretty much given that you’re at fault.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-28 6:59 AM
Well, for one thing he is a paramedic and sometimes they are more lenient. But they don't always issue a ticket in accidents.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-06-27 6:54 AM
*It was nice to see Anthony this weekend.  If nothing else, him living in Nashville gives us an excuse to get away a few times a year.  :grin:

*This summer is going by quickly. I can't believe the 4th is already next week.  :shocker!:

*Why do my days off always coincide with the worst weather day of the week? 

*I'm really into the World Cup this year.  Some years I barely watch a game, not this year.  Yesterday I watched all 4 games.  :shocker!::laugh:

*I'm in an eat everything not nailed down phase right now.  :blush:  I don't like it.  I know it will pass and I'll get back to where I need to be, but it's still frustrating. 

*Last year I really got into the red white and blue seasonal twizzlers.  I can't find them anywhere this year.  I have obsessively searched for them, even checking in Nashville when we were there.

*If you want to know how much this reflux/throat thing is bothering me...  I gave up diet pepsi a month ago.  :shocker!::shocker!::cry::cry:  The carbonation was making things worse.  Of course giving up the diet pepsi hasn't made anything better, just not worse.  :roll:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-06-27 6:57 AM
That throat thing pisses me off :mutmad::hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-27 6:59 AM
I'm glad you have been able to get away to see Anthony:hug:

The reflux sounds awful:cry:

The World Cup is so much fun to watch! I am almost in soccer overload.....almost:laugh: Even Tj watches games and yells at the teams:laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-27 3:12 PM
So how has the giving up of Diet Pepsi affected your mood? You know, it’s important to think of others. : pbbt::wink:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-06-27 3:20 PM
You guys are safe. I’m past the withdrawal issues. :wink::laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-27 7:59 AM
What the hash are you tagging about?
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wake up for the Wednesday RTTs