Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday, Monday, 25 Jun 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-25 6:29 AM
Good morning!

Rise and Shine!  Another week to start anew.

What are your plans for today?  Are you a list maker?

Post, post, post
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-25 6:43 AM
4 miles in the park this morning.

The man who shot up a house last Wednesday still hasn't been found. A whole flock of policeman were gathering in the park this morning and they headed out on foot and 4x4's. Helicopter circling up above too.

I'll make a list at work when I get "stuck" on a task. Then I can focus on one piece at a time and get my momentum back.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-25 12:02 PM
FYI

Coffee is apparently back to being good for you:
Caffeine from four cups of coffee protects the heart
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-25 12:44 PM
There was a recent news story about a 100+ year old woman credited her long life to smoking cigarettes and drinking.  :laugh:  One commenter on the story was very upset about that and made sure that all of us knew it was more likely good genetics that helped to live so long and not the cigarettes and alcohol.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-25 12:56 PM
I don't want to live to 100.   Most of my friends and family would be dead.  If I make it to 80 and in good health, I'll be satisfied.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-06-25 9:28 AM
I woke up yesterday morning with some pain in my left inner thigh/groin area.  Weird.  I hadn't done anything physical except routine running and walking my dog.  After church yesterday afternoon the pain became excruciating when trying to walk.  I could barely walk.  I managed to make it for evening church service last night and a lady mentioned the possibility of a blood clot.  Since I had no explanation for the pain, Melissa drove me to the ER.  They had to wheel me the pain was so bad.  Dr. seemed baffled, but set up an appt for today to have an ultrasound to rule out blood clots.  He gave me a shot for a 12 hour blood thinner and I nearly passed out.  They hooked me to an IV.  This morning the pain is still real bad and radiates around my left pelvic area.  I think it may me muscular, but for the life of me, I don't understand what caused it.  Appointment this afternoon at the vascular clinic. 

I keep a mental list.  My days are usually so routine that I don't write things down.  Melissa has an ongoing written list.

No run today.  I can't run if my life depended on it.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-25 11:24 AM
Sounds scary. Hope you get it figured out fast. It does sound a lot what happened to another programmer at my company and it was a blood clot for him.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-06-25 11:54 AM
No blood clots.  Just finished the test for that.  I'll go to my general practitioner tomorrow and see what he thinks.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-25 12:09 PM
Well that's good news.

Come on folks, we are not doing a very good job at all at finding terrible diagnoses for the moose. Certainly there is something else life threatening we can suggest.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-06-25 12:20 PM
:laugh:I know I can always count on you all.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-25 12:40 PM
That's good news. And I promise not to suggest any other life threatening possibilities. It's just that you put the blood clot thought in my head and the description was identical to a coworker's recent experience.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-25 12:53 PM
Good news.  I pray it isn't anything serious.  Could you have pulled a muscle somehow?   All I know is that since I stopped running I have more aches and pains than ever before!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-06-25 3:48 PM
I've never had a pulled muscle, but this feels like what I think a pulled muscle would be.  I did not fall or do anything that would pull a muscle.  Several years ago I had muscle tightness and a little soreness in that same area.  I am extremely inflexible and wonder if my muscles there are tightening and pressing against nerves, sort of like sciatic.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-25 11:40 AM
Yikes! Definitely be thinking about you this afternoon.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-25 11:39 AM
No run yesterday.  Did get to have a nice chat over adult beverages with Tom. Got in a little cross training by setting up a 10x20 canopy for the graduation party next weekend.

3 or 4 miles on tap for this evening.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-25 12:57 PM
Did my power walk this morning and then I came home and did some chores.  My husband power washed the patio and the gutters.  Now we are pooped and still have to put up some of the equipment.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday, Monday, 25 Jun 2018