Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / MOO!nday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-25 5:30 AM
I don’t know why the thought of cows came to my mind today. : pbbt:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-25 5:41 AM
--Sold 87 pounds of potatoes. :cool: We still probably have about 150-175 pounds. :laugh:

--Passed my Nutrition Certification Course. I finished all 13 chapters and passed the individual exams on Friday. It was 3:10 p.m. and I was scheduled to work until 4. I had planned to go back through all the test questions and review and specifically look at the ones I missed but I thought what the heck, I’ll just take the exam quickly. I clicked on the “take test” icon and it said the test was 100 questions and I had 2 hours to complete it. I didn’t have 2 hours! Zipped through the test in 44 minutes and got a 91.45%. :cool: Good enough. Had to have 80% for a passing score.

--Picked up another massage for this evening. I don’t know if that is good or not.

--We got .7” rain yesterday. That saved our ass when it came to our corn crop. It was very critical we had rain. Hopefully more is on the way today.

--Evidently you can’t buy crop insurance unless you go under the government. Iowa won’t do that and I’m not crazy about the idea. Pretty much nothing but a welfare program. :meh:

--I couldn’t even get Meadow to go down to the garden with me yesterday. She is really aging. :sad:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-06-25 6:05 AM
Poor Meadow. Such a good ol girl
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-25 6:27 AM
is the massage for someone you planned to keep or a random person?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-25 10:51 AM
Yea, she is one of my occasionals that I’m hanging on to.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-25 6:45 AM
Great job on the test!

That is a LOT of potatoes:shocker!:

Poor meadow:sad::hug:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-06-25 6:20 AM
~gonna get hot again this week. up around 100

~timed a race Saturday. lots of weird little glitches. guy who wrote the program is gonna VNC onto my machine and poke around. Nothing serious, and everyone was thrilled with the timing. We have so many races around here now that don't even time it manually. no clock. nothing. just run and look at your damn watch.

~this weekend we time a nighttime 50K in Lawrence.  8pm-6am.

~the week after the 4th we have 2 races

~tired of talking about my shitty health so I won't even bring it up. I did run 4.6 miles yesterday :roll::roll::roll:

~Friday night the dogs killed a baby possum and drug it through the doggie door and left it in the middle of the living room run in the middle of the night :mutmad:

~Frozen Yogurt with some of the XC kids last night

~class reunion Sat night. it was about as uncomfortable as I figured it would be.  oh well, don't have to do it again for 5 years.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-25 6:28 AM
Guessing the glitches didn't mess up any timing? I can't believe not even having a clock. I used to run a no frills free 1/2 and even they had a clock

BLECH on the opposum
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-06-25 6:30 AM
Nope, results were all accurate. Just weird shit happening.

Haha these races that don't time or have a clock still charge 30-40 bucks.  Ridiculous.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-25 6:49 AM
:shocker!: that's crazy! For that much you should be getting chip timing for sure. I'm assuming these are 5Ks that are charging that much, not longer distances.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-06-25 6:51 AM
Yep 5Ks. With no timing. And no course control. And not even close to accurate distance. Just taking your check and good luck.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-25 6:58 AM
I pay $37 for Peachtree:shocker!: You gotta be kidding about racing at that cost:mutmad:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-06-25 6:59 AM
All they give you is a shitty t shirt
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-25 7:07 AM
I'm glad one big race provider company around here lets you opt out of the shirt. It doesn't save a ton of money but it does save some. I have opted in for their women's only race shirts and both times it has run like a size small so I can't wear it anyway :roll:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-25 6:57 AM
Yikes on your weather. How humid is it there? :cry:

I don't get doing a race without timing. :wtf: What a waste.

:hug::hug:

Awww....your doggie loves you:shocker!::laugh::laugh:

I'm always amazed that anyone goes to class reunions. I don't get it.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-06-25 6:58 AM
Only 93% humidity this morning :roll::roll::roll::roll: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-25 6:58 AM
:shocker!::cry:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-06-25 6:39 AM
Oh ya, Happy 1/2 Way To Christmas Day
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-25 6:49 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-25 7:21 AM
My brother finally brought me some of my niece's clothes to sell for him on FB. I've made him about $40 and only listed 1 bag (out of 3) so far.

Had fun going to Top Golf with the fam. M stayed behind while B napped and then brought him to meet us at lunch. It was really nice to be kid-free and get to enjoy some time for once

The rest of the weekend was mostly spent playing outside, getting dirty, etc. I think B had fun though!

Got a lot of work done on Friday so I think I will take 2 days off this week. Just not sure when as I keep having things pop up. Might have to call in to a conference call one day but otherwise no big deal

Just lost my train of though, I get distracted too easily :laugh:

I've been trying to get in 10,000 steps a day even if I don't work out. So far it is working pretty well. Figure it is better than nothing
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-25 8:32 AM
Boys getting dirty - definitely fun. Spray him off with the hose, if he likes water. He'll love that!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-25 8:57 AM
that is exactly what happened. He was playing with his water table and got nervous he might end up with a chaffing rash like he did at daycare (because he just had normal clothes/diaper on) so stripped him naked from the waist down and let him play. So then he got dirt and god knows what else all over and got hosed down :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-25 9:17 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-25 7:35 AM
Weekend was awesome. Super productive.

Ran 6 miles on Saturday. Cleaned out the carport after. Took a nap on the hammock. Played with Tj. Caught fireflies. :hug: Stayed up late watching a stupid Avengers cartoon movie:roll:

Sunday played two soccer games. Won one. Lost one. Whatever. I miss my real soccer team. This summer team has 2 players that really tick me off.:mutmad: Had to tape the soles of my cleats on:blush:: pbbt: That is the sign of a real player. Bought new cleats and new adidas slides:hug::hug::hug: (Now have three good pair - Silver, black and blue). Went home. Laid out in the sun a bit. Hammock. Kids left with Q. Watched Goliath and went to bed. :cool::cool:

Did I mention the kids are halfway to Florida right now??? :cool::cool::cool:

Decided yesterday that I'm hiring a coach for Ripley for keeper training and some overall soccer stuff. It occurred to me on the way home that I could give myself a session with the trainer. :mischief::mischief: She isn't the only one who matters. : pbbt:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-25 11:35 AM
enjoy your alone time!!

is 6 your longest run?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-25 12:15 PM
So far:cry: I did 2 6 mile runs in April.....for some reason took the month of May off (tons of rain and being busy). Will do 7 this week and Peachtree is next week so that will be another 6.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-06-25 2:14 PM
Picking up new HBP meds this afternoon
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-06-25 6:59 PM
I hope this helps. :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / MOO!nday RTTs