Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Summer Sunday
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-24 7:18 AM
First Sunday of Summer.   What's Up?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-24 7:24 AM
A Stinking Sultry Summer Sunday run.   Not real good but I needed it.  FULL day ahead.

Church, Shirley care, a friends retirement party, pack and hit the road for Harrisonburg, VA.   Over night and then on to the mountains of Carolina.  Return the rental and pick up mine tomorrow.  A few days with grand kids.   Home again next weekend. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-24 7:58 AM
I hope your Sonata is happy to see you.  Have fun with the grands!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-24 7:57 AM
Rest day.  Friends from Atlanta are here - cookout at lunchtime.

Matthew the carpenter comes tomorrow to install new counter and backsplash.  So after our Georgia friends leave we have to tear out the old and put most of the kitchen stuff in the dining room.

Then I'm packin' for Amtrakin'.   I leave early tomorrow (or maybe late, after all it's Amtrak) for several days in Michigan with Lisa.  Good coffee, hiking, running, and farmers' markets await.:happy::happy:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-24 9:00 AM
Enjoy your time with Lisa!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-24 12:06 PM
Amtrak agent:  Our trains don't run by the clock.  We use a calendar.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-24 9:02 AM
Just the temps!  All that rain that was in the forecast, passed us.  Hard to believe south Texas had flooding and we are as dry as can be.

Nothing much planned for today.  I am going to church at 11:00 and then just household errands.  Staying indoors till late this evening.

Enjoy your Sunday!
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-24 11:35 AM Edited 2018-06-24 11:37 AM
Afternoon Tom and masters

Coin show this morning.

Normally a rest day, but I didn't run yesterday, a combination of lazy, rainy, cranky knee. So I decided to go this afternoon. : pbbt:: pbbt:: pbbt: I thought it was cooler than it was. I was debating between a tank and a tee. I am so glad I went with the tank. 75° or so but feels like more to me.Warning: Boys might not want to read this part. I have been told that implants make you feel warmer in hot temps and cooler in cold temps. I'm wondering if that is true because it always feels warmer out than the thermometer says. :wtf:

Anyhoozit. 3 miles dripping wet now! No knee pain today. I don't understand my knees.

One of my favorite yoga teachers :hug::hug::hug: is teaching a class in the studio here (usually she teachers a couple of towns over) so yoga later. :happy::happy::happy:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-24 2:43 PM
I ran 3 this morning. At the end of the run, a small rabbit hopped to me and started following me around while I had some water. Probably someone dropped their pet rabbit off at the park. I felt bad for him but I don't want a pet rabbit so I left him at the park, sadly watching me as I drove away.

My daughter posted one of the Facebook memory things. It was from 5 years ago when she left Michigan and took the kid to Florida. I know the kid is better off down there and staying with us old folks who give her whatever she wants, but it is still depressing.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Summer Sunday