Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Well, it's the Weekend (RR/NRR)
- - By swandive Date 2018-06-23 8:53 AM
Post!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-06-23 9:00 AM
USDO here.  I was supposed to do a long run this morning, but I'm going to run tomorrow instead.  A left for a conference early this morning, which required a lot of help on other people's part to get her stuff packed up to go.  So I ended up being up late last night working on that then getting up early this morning to help her get stuff into her car and I just didn't have the energy for a long run.  Hopefully I will magically be more energetic tomorrow. :laugh:
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-06-23 2:24 PM
If you are magically more energetic, send some of that magic my way!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-06-24 8:54 AM
No magic energy yet. :laugh:
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2018-06-24 6:22 PM
I'll take less suckitude even if it's not magic. Send that over.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-06-23 2:24 PM
Mile in puget sound. The tide was out and the water a bit murky. But a seal followed us for about 5 min. Very cute!
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-06-24 8:54 AM
Murky water doesn't sound so great, but the seal is pretty cool!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-06-24 9:18 AM
I ran 12.6 or something this morning and it sucked less than some of my recent runs. :laugh:  I mean, it is still terribly humid and already up to 80*F before 9am, so it's definitely unpleasant, but I ran and didn't die.  I did see several deer when I first headed out, including a mama with two fawns. :happy:

Who was it who was asking about things we do now that would embarrass our former selves?  I'm perhaps a bit too happy about getting a good deal on cereal. :laugh:  My niece's favorite cereal is Honey Bunches of Oats.  I usually get the Aldi brand because it's cheaper, but Kroger had the Post brand on a 2-day sale for $0.99 box.  I also had coupons so I got 5 boxes for $2.75 ($0.55/box) and Ibotta had a $0.45 per-box rebate, so effectively speaking it was $0.10/box. :grin:  Given the rate at which we're going through cereal, I was pretty happy about that!
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-06-24 2:22 PM
DH laughs at me all the time when I come home excited to share my cartwheel/ibotta deals! Great find on the cereal :grin:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-25 8:16 AM
that's how I am on diaper/wipes deals. I get super excited to get them and my H is all :roll:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-06-24 7:44 PM
It was me asking about the current embarrassing the past. I'm impressed with your cereal thriftiness. MCF can do things like that, I never track them well.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-25 4:59 AM
I love deals like that!  I have the Ibotta app but I swear nothing I buy is ever on there. I thought about getting that cereal at Kroger, too bad i never made it over
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-06-25 7:56 AM
I don't get that much from Ibotta rebates other than the "any item" ones.  Occasionally I get other stuff, but only if it was things I was planning to buy anyway.

Hey, if you got the Kroger coupon for the "Free Friday" loaf of Nature's Own bread, Ibotta does have an $0.85 rebate on that bread, so you actually get paid to get the bread. :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-25 8:16 AM
I always get the free Friday thing so that is good to know, thanks!  I mostly just get the $0.25 any item thing or the occasional any banana/milk/cereal/whatever.  But I have $46 in my account so hey, free money
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-06-24 7:44 PM
My annual Green Lake Open Water Swim (GLOWS) race was today. I've always done the half mile in the past and did the mile today. The weather was perfect. My two DN's had great swims (the 14 year old for the first time!!) and I sawm MUCH faster than I'd predicted. I'd told MCF 45 min, with a "secret" belief of 42 min. I finished in 37 and change!!  Race Report on my Blog.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-25 5:00 AM
wow that's a great time and way to smash your secret goal
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-06-25 8:41 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-06-25 7:54 AM
That's awesome!  Congrats on a huge PR!!!
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-06-25 8:41 AM
:cool:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Well, it's the Weekend (RR/NRR)