Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / It Is ===========>>>>> FRIDAY 6/22
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-22 5:49 AM
Good morning folks.

A beautiful, gray, rainy Friday here in western West Virginia.  What's Up?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-22 5:58 AM
I think my slump is 80% mental and 20% physical.  I woke up early and felt like I was a 102 years old.  After some coffee I forced myself to do some core exercises and stretching and then off to the park for a short run.  I only wanted to run a couple miles because of the Corporate Cup 5k tomorrow.  After 7-8 minutes I started feeling good.  Finished up with 2.57 miles. 69° & humid.

I perked up enough during the run that I think tomorrow will go ok.  I wish I was 25 pound slighter and 25 years younger, but it's either too late or not possible to do anything about that by tomorrow.

I thought about taking today off, but I'll slug it out at work. I'm hording my vacation days for when the kid comes next month.

My son-in-law got a job in Navarre Florida, so the Tallahassee family will be moving this summer. It is going to be fun to visit them with the beach right there. I hope the grandkids do ok. Annabelle wasn't super happy about leaving her friends. Supposed to be better schools in Navarre than where they live in Tallahassee.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-22 8:32 AM
Well they say running is 90% mental, so you are doing better than most? I have heard you should give yourself 15 minutes (I think) to say whether a run is good or bad. I'm sure someone can help me out here.

I'm sure you will be great in the 5k. Cant wait to hear about it.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-22 8:46 AM
Morning Dave and Masters.

I could not sleep last night, not sure why. So I was dragging this morning. : pbbt: Beautiful weather. 70° sunny 50% humidity. But like you (Dave) I forced myself into a run. Good run overall. 3 miles around the hood.  I felt slow, but wasn't really. My knee was hurting a tad, but after running a few minutes it seemed to subside. After run stretches, tried doing my old set of post run exercises--:laugh::laugh::laugh: so not happening. My balance and coordination are : pbbt: anymore. Had oatmeal by the pool watching the kitty trying to catch a chipmunk :shocker!:...oh the patience.

Tonight is Red Sox @ Fenway. We usually go in and cruise around the city beforehand. I was thinking of going to the Boston Bombing site. This winter I read several books about the bombing, so I'd like to go see the memorial now. Chris took me to the street of the shootout where they caught the brother when I was reading it.  It near my favorite vegan restaurant. Gives you perspective on places when you read about the history of it.

That's all have...
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-22 8:57 AM
Good morning back at you Dave. 

Raining cats and dogs here; good thing I like both:wink:

Most of the house smells of wet dog.  I need to search for a scented candle or maybe there is some incense from the 70's around.....

Working on "chaturanga to updog" today - yoga that frightens my toes:shocker!::laugh:

I found a note in Outlook today that it's Ron's birthday.  never assume that my brain would have retained that:wink:  So Ron, if you check in, have a happy day~:happy:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-22 9:14 AM
You should bring inside some of those cats and dogs that it's raining.  Open up your own animal shelter. :laugh:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-22 9:19 AM
Working on "chaturanga to updog" today - yoga that frightens my toes:shocker!::laugh: Why does it frighten your toes?

That sounds like fun.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-22 10:11 AM
my toes are saying we can't support all that weight, don't even try it girl:cry:
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-22 11:01 AM

>"chaturanga to updog"<

That sounds like code.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-22 9:12 AM
I'll give my run a 7 out 10...exceeded expectations, but is still weak.   The weather was pretty good. 70, cloudy a cool but somewhat humid breeze. 

My car is ready for pick up with a new engine.  Oh, I'll be right over after this 12 hour drive.  I really can't leave until Sunday evening because of weekend Shirley care.  After I pick up car we will drive on to Black Mountain and spend a few days but need to be back for weekend care that weekend.

Yesterday was full.  Made meatloaf early morning got it in oven, then to clothing bank for deliveries, back to Hope Dining Room, meeting with mayor and community pastors re homeless housing in town, back to clothing bank to finish deliveries.  Got it all done.  The meeting with mayor was encouraging.  Things might finally happen after years of talk, talk, talk. 

Tom in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-22 9:20 AM
At no time do you mention taking the meatloaf out of the oven.  I am picturing the worst.  Or, like me, you forgot to turn the oven on and all is well.:grin:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-22 10:46 AM
The rest of the crew was well in control of the oven.   The primary reason to stop back was for quality control.   Mmmm goooooood.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-22 11:04 AM
3.3 miles yesterday evening.

This weekend will be filled with prep work for the graduation party next saturday.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-22 11:12 AM
:happy:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-06-22 2:01 PM
4.79 wet ones at lunch time. Rain felt good.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-06-22 4:03 PM
It's been raining off and on all day.  Rain, sun comes out, rains again, sun comes out, rain, sun. 

Been a busy week even though I'm on summer break.  Melissa's 99 year old grandfather passed away.  The little country church was packed for his funeral.  At least two people said, "Too bad he didn't make it to 100.":roll: 

I've run an 8 miler every morning this week.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-22 5:04 PM
99 sounds like a life well lived.  My sympathies to you and Melissa.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / It Is ===========>>>>> FRIDAY 6/22