Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / National Selfie Day, 21 June 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-21 7:51 AM
Today is also the longest day of the year and first day of summer.

So do you take selfies?

What are your plans for today?  Yes I am nosy!: pbbt:: pbbt:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-21 8:23 AM
Happy Summer Solstice, and yoga day, and selfie day and "MB Starts The Daily" day!

I had dinner last evening with my highschool girlfriends.  The friend that hosted has a screened room off her kitchen that feels like it is floating in air as her property drops away pretty suddenly into the timber.  There was a gentle rain providing background music and it was like an oasis.:happy::happy:  And luckily her house is far enough out of town we didn't keep any neighbors awake with our laughter.  It's such a nice feeling to connect with these girls - I've known most of them for 50 years.

We have had so much rain; getting close to 4 inches over the last 2 days and it is supposed to rain all day again today.  Other than the wet dog smell I am enjoying it.  Had a great run yesterday that started out in rain with the sun coming out for the last 15 minutes.  I really enjoyed it!

I don't take many selfies but I am glad that others have mastered the art of group selfies.  One is taken after every one of our 'club' runs and posted to our FB page.  I think we've had a lot of new people join us because of it.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-21 8:41 AM
I'm having sort of a tired week. I took Tuesday off completely and today I went to the gym and only did a pretty short workout. 10 minutes on the ARC trainer and a few weights. The Corporate Cup 5k is Saturday so I hope I snap out of this by then.

I've recently been getting interested in Alzheimer's. As far as I know, I don't have Alzheimer's, and no one close to me does, but I keep running into stories where it is involved.  Of course, I live in a condo where most people around me are getting really old, and right next door is an assisted living facility, so I think about stuff like that quite a bit.  I signed up at the Alzheimer's Association website to get their newsletters and I have been reading about it. I don't know if I'll ever get involved in actually do anything helpful to anyone but you never know.

Anyway, I say all that because the Alzheimer's Assoc. makes a big deal out of the longest day of the year.  They encourage all kind of fundraisers. It looks like a pretty big deal. I came across it too late to join in anything. http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=10935&pg=entry
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-21 10:52 AM
I had an aunt with Alzheimer's. Near the end, she wouldn't let her husband of 40-something years help her because she didn't recognize him.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-21 5:26 PM
Happy Solstice!!!

I do but I hate them.

Yoga, work, picked up my new bike wheel Cha-Ching!!! :mutmad:: pbbt::sad:

Boy looks quiet in here today....
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-21 9:00 PM
Every one is out taking selfies!  Trying to find the best one to post!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / National Selfie Day, 21 June 2018