Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Torrid Tuesday - 6/19
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-19 6:02 AM
Another day of 90's with a heat index in the 100's on tap here in WV.

Our AC cannot keep the house cool.  It's not terrible, but in the heat of the day it only gets to within 3° of the setting.

What's Up?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-19 6:22 AM
I came in the office today. I did not bring my workout stuff to stop at the gym on the way home. I am just going to be workout lazy today.

I have a call for service on our air conditioning but no one can make it until July 5th.  As long as it doesn't break completely we'll be ok with it as it is. It can't stay this hot forever, or can it?

Personally, I would like to get a new ac unit, about twice the size as the current one, so I could turn the inside of the condo into a refrigerator.  But I'll wait and see what the expert says.

On the way to work, for the first time ever, I stopped at Starbucks and got a large dark roast coffee. An hour after finishing it, I am still riding an incredible caffeine high. I am invincible. I can solve any computer problem that comes my way today. :laugh:  I feel like I could jump off the roof and fly around town. What do they put in their coffee?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-19 6:37 AM Edited 2018-06-19 6:47 AM
you could ask Rob for a recommendation on a new big unit.   And Starbucks; I agree.  I haven't had one in years but I still remember drinking it at work one morning and taking on the world.  It even caused me to like a co-worker!:laugh:

I just saw an ad on tv for starbucks 2x.   Double the caffeine.  Hmm....
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-19 6:50 AM
Oh boy...if that isn't poking the bear...:shocker!::laugh::laugh:

Starbucks -- only the matcha with coconut milk.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-19 9:20 AM
Haven't heard much about the big unit recently.  Sure hope Rob's is not worn out.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-06-19 8:50 AM
Dave-one time when I arrived in Atlanta after taking a very early train from SC, I went into a Starbucks and ordered coffee. I mentioned that I had only had 2 hours sleep and maybe needed a shot of espresso. The nice young man said that I needed more than one and gave me a couple extra shots on the house! OMG-I was flying. NEVER again!!:laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-19 6:46 AM
The weather is depressing.  I mis-read the forecast and thought the h&h would be done today.  Unfortunately there are a few more days of this nonsense.  Lee is working a lot and the days are long confined to the house with the dog.  You can tell it is getting to me when I stop enjoying the dog.

So...yoga in the a/c today, maybe a run tomorrow.  Also have a cookout with my high school girlfriends on tap for tomorrow - sure hope we get out of the triple digit heat index!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-06-19 8:57 AM
Dawn-I just dislike (okay, HATE) this weather so much! I went to watch Conor play lacrosse last weekend and it was so horrible. My arm swelled so bad and I was just miserable. I got dressed and ready for his tournament this past weekend, but at the last minute decided I just couldn't do it. :sad: I was so sad. The tournaments require being out in the heat for usually 6 to 8 hours, sometimes longer and there is never any shade at the fields. Just sun, heat and lot's of walking. I am determined to go this coming weekend but am NOT looking forward to it. Yep, it's depressing.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-19 9:06 AM
I just want to be outside so badly and then once I get there I can tolerate it for less than an hour.  Grrr.

We also have a new animal care city ordinance that prohibits dogs outside when the temps are over 100.  It's a $500 fine:shocker!:  I understand not tying the dog in the sun for 30 minutes but c'mon the dog's got to pee for pete's sake!   I take her out for a few minutes at a time constantly looking over my shoulder for the code enforcement officer.  So now I can add fear of a fine to my hot crabby personality:evil:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-19 6:48 AM
I've been trying to work up some motivation. It's beautiful out I should be able to find some somewhere but I am feeling so lazy this morning. I've done everything I can to delay it. Filled the hummingbird feeder, walked around the pool picking up storm debris, watched and recorded the birds visiting, drank half a coffee, ate oatmeal, ordered things online I've been putting off. Thinking about going to the gym, but there is a class one of the trainers teaches around this time and it's hard to work out when he's using the same equipment I do. *Sigh*

Hope you can keep cool! We have window units because it never truly gets hot here (occasionally we get a heat wave).

Have a great Juneteeth masters!!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-19 9:01 AM
a little procrastination in the morning is a good thing Deb.:happy:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-06-19 9:16 AM
Have I mentioned that I want to live in Maine??? Or, Alaska!
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-19 9:30 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: until winter comes? I do love New England summers, most of the time, and fall here is :hug::hug::hug:

Now if the mosquitos would go away...
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-06-19 10:46 AM
Well, I have been dreaming about snow.....a LOT! Seriously, I've had several dreams recently about being out in the snow??!!!:cool::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-06-19 8:46 AM
Good Morning! Hot and humid here today-imagine that! Not much sleep lately due to all sorts of stupid things.....leg cramps, Lymphedema pain and swelling, night sweats from meds.....fun stuff!

I did manage to get out the door for 2 miles earlier-just not early enough! I have GOT to stop getting on the computer with my coffee in the mornings. I wait too long to get out the door and it's just too darn hot!

I have SO much going on that I don't know if I'm going or coming! Conor has a lacrosse tournament in North Carolina this weekend. We are stopping for a college visit at Clemson on the way, so we leave Friday morning at 6am. I am SO freakin' stressed about the cost of this trip, but this will be Conor's last summer of lacrosse AND he needs to do the college visits anyway, so I will just TRY to keep myself calm about the whole thing. Alex and I are also planning a garage sale for the following weekend and there is SO much to do for that! Also trying to prepare myself for the Peachtree Road Race and my son Nick's visit from Boston. Oh-and I'm trying my hand at jewelry making! Hand stamping, and other stuff. Hoping to make a few dollars from that! In the meantime, my house is a disaster area! Did I mention that Alex is trying to get a job in Boston???

Sorry for being so chatty! I've been meaning to stop in here for days, but haven't had a chance.

Stay cool, y'all!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-19 9:00 AM
I know Peachtree is huge, but will you be able to find Jetgirl while there?  She told me her daughter's wedding is a few days after the race so they are running Peachtree together for some distraction!

Alex is sure not one to sit still is she?  Good luck in her job search and good luck to Conor and the lacrosse gang.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-06-19 9:13 AM
Thanks! Alex is going to Boston in a couple of weeks for a test she has to take in order to be able to teach up there. Luckily she will be able to stay with her brother while she's there for the few days.

I'm going to message Jane and see if we can maybe figure out a way to meet up.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-19 9:26 AM
If you message Jane, tell her to stop by and say hi to the rest of us.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-19 4:03 PM
have you tried taking calcium for your leg cramps? A friend of mine told me it helps her restless leg issues. Hope everything gets better.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-19 9:32 AM
Really sucky run this morning. I just feel weak!  I keep saying what is wrong with me instead of focusing on what I can do.    Stopped and chatted with a neighbor when I was finishing.  Chatted way too long.  I think I will skip lunch with army buddies. 

I signed my Aunt Shirley into Hospice care yesterday.  Don't think the end is imminent but this helps manage care more easily in the coming months. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-19 10:21 AM
and hospice is so great.  they did things for my mom that I never would have thought of.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-06-19 11:43 AM
Hoping that tomorrow's run will be much less sucky! I know how hard it is to focus on the things we CAN do sometimes,  but we just keep plodding along and most days we realize how fortunate we really are!

Hospice can be such a blessing.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-19 10:04 AM
Settled for the Elliptical Trainer last night.  I'll probably do the same tonight.

Today, Rebecca and Martha went for the New Student Orientation at UD. Its a bit amusing. We live about 3 miles from the campus, but the only building I know is the Music Dept :wtf:

Found out that a good friend at work has been laid off. We kept each other sane through some really weird projects and bad management.

Life goes on.

Mark.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-19 12:00 PM
I finally talked myself into getting out the door. :laugh::laugh: Went to the gym did some upper body stuff. My arms are so weak from not being able to workout for so long, but today I saw a few muscles start to peek out..so yay!!! I know they are still in there hiding.

One of my goals for the summer is to run all the conservation land in town, so I decided to run the next one on the list. I'm going  A to W there are 17, a lot of them short like this one. Today I ran Bulette. It's a short trail in a very odd place. Down this small road lined with huge houses it lies in between two houses with well manicured lawns and signs not to use their drive way to park or turn around. :roll: and not to park at the trailhead; the two tiny spaces they have to park are hard to get to if you don't use a driveway and someone has piled a mountain of soil in one. Luckily I had the Wrangler. I'm not sure how they obtained this little piece of land, or why really. Maybe just to preserve it and not really use as a trail? The trail is .7 and the access trail is .25. That's the reason I ran it, as today is an "easy 30 min walk" day. I ran down the road and back making it 1.5 miles total. It's been a while since I've been to this one. I was only there one other time and it was a bit foggy. Chris took me here one time a day or so after chemo when I was feeling awful he thought some time in nature would help. I could hardly make it around that day. And today I had a hard time remembering how the trail went. But it is well marked and does a weird loop of sharp turns. Of course it was fall then with little foliage today it was nearly overgrown. Good run, very easy pace, lots of rocks and roots, I generally walk through those areas.

I couldn't find my tick spray so I read lemongrass and geranium work. I didn't find any ticks... note to self keep away from face. :shocker!:

So now I feel like I've actually done something....:laugh::laugh::laugh: off to do laundry and a shower.. and the cat says she's hungry.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-06-19 12:20 PM
Holy Humidity Batman!
90 and humid here. Thunderstorms rolling this afternoon.

Went to gym with Sam this morning and lifted weights. Ran home a longish-way. 4.79 miles.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Torrid Tuesday - 6/19