Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, June 16, 2018
- - By rungear [us] Date 2018-06-16 6:44 AM
It's the weekend - ENJOY!!! :grin:

4-5 mile pw this morning for me on the Iron Horse Trail in Dublin and then coffee with 4 buddies at Black Jack breakfast shop.

Have a good weekend all!!! :grin:

C Ya
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-16 6:59 AM
Good morning and thanks for starting us out!

The rain has been more of a spit; but it's still in the forecast for the next several days.  Perhaps if I go out for a power walk it will come down.

Nothing much planned for today.

Enjoy your Saturday!
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-06-16 7:22 AM
enjoy your PW, rain or shine = your tough you can do it!!!

p.s. come join us at Jack in the Box
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-16 1:29 PM
The rains passed us.  One of my neighbors stopped me and was wishing that I would get soaked; I said me too!

But I did my power walk, came home and helped my husband trim some trees.  This evening we are going to a rodeo.  New place to us but it looks like fun.
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-06-16 7:21 AM
Sorry, It is Jack-in-the-Box, not Black Jack - early in morning my brain works slowly!
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-16 12:02 PM
Black Jack sounded much more fun : pbbt:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-16 8:02 AM
Too humid to run; rode my bike instead.  Discovered some new areas.  I've lived here since 1981 - can't believe I found something new!

Amy's birthday is tomorrow.  We are celebrating tonight at a restaurant called "Smoked on 3rd".  Great brisket and ribs.  Then she's spending the night so we can celebrate Father's day tomorrow.  I suppose I should go to the store and buy whatever I need to make Lee a great breakfast for dad's day.

Have a great Saturday; stay cool:cool:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-16 9:21 AM
Smoked on 3rd.    I may have to come bring corn again.:cool:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-16 9:33 AM
Run this morning was better than anticipated after that long drive back from NC. Spectacular weather with low humidity. I kept down the distance/time.  They got us a rental Nissan Versa.  Got back at noon Friday just in time for my best friend Rick's retirement. 47 years teaching. He and I both taught physics.  Our wives taught together for 15 years. 

Daughter Ellen had to put down their dog yesterday.  Mindy was over 18 years old.  She could barely walk and could not get up without assistance.  Yet when I was working on the kid's club house this week she was out there with me and she would feebly walk over to me and smile and give a tale wag.  Putting down a pet is the hardest.

Lots of chores to catch up.  Cutting grass is next.

Tom  back in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-16 10:00 AM
Glad you made it home.  Sorry about Mindy, I'm sure their house seems extra quiet today.  If they got her as a puppy, your grandkids don't remember a time without her.:hug:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-16 11:25 AM
Mindy was there before kids.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-16 11:02 AM
Glad you made it home!

Sorry about Mindy. So sad! :sad: Aww maybe she was saying good bye to you. So sweet of her. That is indeed the toughest thing. Hope they are all dealing with the loss.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-16 11:01 AM
Woke up at 5:00. Ran 3.22 at the park. Another nice morning. 61°.

Got home and my phone is ringing and text messages are buzzing. Who is calling at 6:30 on a Saturday morning??? Work. : pbbt: Someone having problems doing a software update. I signed on to work and helped get it done.

Then coffee and book study with the guys.

Cindy's mom is having a hard day so Cindy is over at her parent's house. Since I had the place to myself I did some cleaning. Vacuum, mop, clean bathrooms, etc. I had one of those days where I see dirt everywhere. I was cleaning the cabinets, appliances, even the knobs on the oven. Finally I came to my senses and stopped. Made some lunch and watching World Cup.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-16 11:19 AM
I had one of those days where I see dirt everywhere. oooh I hate that. Problem is I can never stop..it eats at me. : pbbt::roll::shocker!::cry:

Enjoy the WC.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-16 1:29 PM
It is an endless battle!  And it's just two of us and no pets.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-16 11:17 AM
I heard it was supposed to be hot, so I got up at 5 am for my run/walk. Put on shorts and tech tee--I was freezing!!! brrrrr... I didn't look at the temperature before heading out. 3 miles done! I forgot how peaceful and serene it is that time of the morning on a Saturday. I love that feeling. I didn't see anyone running, kind of odd, except a guy at the gas station. Lots of birds and squirrels foraging. I ran by three squirrels eating by the side of the road; they didn't move. Memo must be out.."she is the one that feeds everybody" :laugh::laugh::laugh: House still and quiet when I returned. Quiet, solitude, the only one awake. I savor that energy. Grabbed a coffee to warm up, went to stretch out; walked in the room I stretch in (technically a music room) the heat came on. :shocker!:

Then I went to my Yin Yoga class. I am so in love with the woman that teaches it. I always feel so zen when I leave and my joints aren't yelling, everything is loose and happy.

Have a great day masters.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-16 11:23 AM
you are rockin' the yoga and your return to running is dropping right in there too.  Your posts make me so happy.:happy:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-16 11:29 AM
I thin I feel so zen just reading your post.  Good stuff Deb.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-16 1:31 PM
Now remind us Deb, where do you live?  Someplace on the east coast if you can get out at 5:00 am and there be sunlight.

Your morning sounds so peaceful and serene.  I relish those mornings.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-16 3:20 PM
Yes, 30 miles west of Boston.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-16 12:09 PM
6.11 mile this morning. Same route as last week, but it annoyed me so much to be so close to 6 miles, I tacked on a few laps of the parking lot :laugh:.

Of course, now I'm annoyed I was so close to a 10K...

Pretty much over any fear that I won't be able to actually finish the 5K at the end of the month. Now I have to be like Deb and find some speed.

Mark.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-16 1:32 PM
You will find that speed!
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-16 3:21 PM
Speed? uh I have no speed... :shocker!:

I am sure you will finish with flying colors!!!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, June 16, 2018