Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Perfect Weather
- - By judyruns Date 2018-06-14 7:05 AM
Ahhhhh! Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-06-14 7:12 AM
Yesterday since the weather later was possibly going to be stormy, I dashed out early to the trail. It was a good run. There were quite a few women running, also people walking their dogs. That was the available wildlife because the birds, etc. tolerate people one at a time.:laugh:  Later in the afternoon DC and I did 2 hours of volunteer work in the library.

My pots of wax beans are growing at an alarming rate. I may have to install strings or something for them to climb. 
Today’s weather is great! I am cleaning a lot today and doing weights, stretches and yoga. I’ll slip in a cardio dvd also.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-06-14 7:22 AM
Sounds like some great workouts, enjoy the yoga :happy:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-14 9:49 AM
I love beans! Sounds like you havea nice workout today.
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-06-14 7:21 AM
Easy 4 miler this morning nice and early after an unpleasant wake up from Cooper having a seizure. :sad: I was going to take him with me but not after that, he stayed home with DH. Seems to be doing fine now but headed to the vet soon.

2 days until marathon day! Stalking the weather and crossing my fingers they are wrong abut storms.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-14 9:48 AM
:sad:I hope Cooper is OK. I have a Cooper too.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-14 11:06 AM
Wishing the best for Cooper! :hug::hug:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-06-14 7:42 AM
blah, in a crappy mood. Won't go into it too much but stressing about #2 and how we will make it work in our lives. I know we will but it's stressful. And for some reason I've been reading articles about how difficult teenage girls are and I want to cry (we're having girl #2 in October), but this is many years away and I really should just focus on the immediate stressors of how TF am I ever going to get any sleep with a toddler and a newborn. Also my ligaments are starting to stretch a lot and running is uncomfortable, blah. I didn't have this issue at all with P so I'm annoyed :laugh: I may need to stop running soon :sad: I ran 7 miles the day before I delivered P :meh: Slowly, and it was a run/walk, but still. Man, every pregnancy is totally different.

Oh, I said I wouldn't go into it all too much and I just did :laugh::cry: Anyway, I did some strength stuff this morning and P and I are about to head out for a run/walk/powerwalk/whatever in the running stroller. We'll see how long I make it.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-14 9:46 AM
I'm sorry your stressed.:hug: I'm trying to think of something profound to write, but I can't think of anything. You will get through it all though.:hug:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-06-14 9:51 AM
thanks for all of the support. I truly appreciate it. P and I just got back from a stroller run/walk and did 5 miles in under an hour, and then played by the creek fro 30 minutes throwing rocks into the water :hug:. Of course, I feel much better now, between the exercise and being outside on a beautiful day. The in-the-moment-ness of toddlerhood is always awesome to witness too, and brings me back to reality a little bit.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-14 11:08 AM
Living in the moment can be very healing.  :hug::hug:
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-06-14 10:14 AM
Sorry you are feeling stressed, hang in there and know things will work out. :hug: and you can vent here any time.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-14 9:44 AM
I am off today because I have felt sick all week and couldn't take it anymore. I saw a new doc today, gastro and he extended my prescriptions for another week and told me to stop food for now. I hate not eating.:cry: and he wants me to skip fruits and vegetable for two weeks. I wanted a female doc and had an appointment for tomorrow, but she wasn't around today, sigh. He was ok and I am a lousy patient because I don't recognize symptoms and if it wasn't for the cat scan, I wouldn't have brushed off my symptoms. Anyway, no run today and not sure if I will feel strong enough to run tomorrow. I did run yesterday.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-06-14 10:13 AM
Sorry you aren't feeling well, not eating is tough. Hope you get answers from new dr :hug:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-14 11:09 AM
Please keep up with us. It's awful not being able to eat. :hug::hug::hug:
Sending you healing vibes ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-06-14 5:49 PM
Gosh, Jeannie, I had no idea about any of this! Any ideas about what is going on? Speedy healing for you, I hope :hug:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-06-15 9:36 AM
Stop food?!

Isn't that rather necessary for continuation of life?

Skipping fruits and vegetables doesn't sound good either -- though for a number of centuries the richer and higher born you were, the less vegetable matter you ate.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-06-14 11:27 AM
If you think rainy and 50 is perfect, then yes, the weather is perfect. :laugh:

Land workout today. Warmed up on the ET then put together about a half hour of weight lifting.  Reacquainted myself with the equipment at the gym.  And I could tell I should spend more time on weights, as I was a lot weaker than I had expected to be (all my strength right now is in arms and shoulders from swimming).  Felt good to get to it. And MCF put a new album on my MP3 player so I spent the time listening to Heathers, the Musical. :cool:

I've mentioned before the elderly couple I see at the gym where the guy often helps the woman shower in the shower by the pool. They were back yesterday. And today I saw her in the locker room.  One woman helped her to the toilet by opening the stall door and helping her walk in.  Another woman offered to blow dry her hair.  And both of them did it without a hit of pity. It was all respect and care. :hug:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-14 1:47 PM
Great combo for you. (Machines at the gym are really for taller people than I, but at least hand weights eliminate that problem for me.)
How kind of those people to help a needy person as well as provide safety for her by attending to her needs. :happy:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-14 4:57 PM
Sounds like a good workout. It is nice to hear when people help others.:hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Perfect Weather