Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wacky Wednesday - 6/13
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-13 6:00 AM
It's not really wacky here, but it is a good word, it starts with a "W", and alliteration is a good way to start the daily.

What's Up?  (There is another "W" word!)
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-13 6:05 AM
I went to the park this morning for 3.7 very sweaty miles.

Dentist appointment coming up in a little over an hour. A filling on the right side of my mouth this week.

Friday morning is supposed to be in the 50's before a string of 90+ degree days. I think I will go ahead and fit in a longish run on Friday morning before work.

At the park where I run most days, there are roads open to the public. More than half the people I meet out walking and running are on the wrong side of the road with their backs to oncoming cars.  It forces me to go around them since I run on the proper side of the road. But I was wondering, are people not taught anymore about the right & wrong ways to walk along a road?  Maybe I need to write my congressman and ask for a multi-million dollar grant to prepare public service announcements and road signs to educate people.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-13 6:43 AM
But if they were on a bicycle, they would be facing traffic and thus STILL on the wrong side of the street.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-06-13 11:15 AM
Dave, it makes me crazy when I see runners on the roads with their backs to oncoming traffic. We live on a VERY busy road, and there are sidewalks, and people STILL run on the wrong side of the road-right out there with the crazy drivers! I understand not wanting to be pounding on the sidewalks, but don't be stupid!!
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-13 12:07 PM
Or at night running in the road (when a sidewalk is right there) with no reflective clothing or lights. I want to yell at them... some runners are so stupid!!! :mutmad:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-06-13 12:18 PM
YES! So happy we can count ourselves amongst the "smarter" runners!! I may be a bit crazy, but I'm NOT stupid!!!
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-13 6:44 AM
Decided to skip the run last night and spent time playing Legend of Zelda with Katy.

Probably a walk tonight.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-13 9:13 AM
The birds are wacky.  The pooping robin is back attacking my car.  I put my smelly running shoes out near it and he left.   Score!

4 miles this morning.  The humidity blew out and it is a great breezy morning.  Still, I sweated like Rob's Airedale.  (thus the smelly shoes)

Did a tough one hour yoga class yesterday and I hurt in lots of new places.  Lee ran hills with our running friends.  We are both hobbling around like old people.   Old, happy people.:happy:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-13 10:40 AM
What is with the birds this morning?
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-06-13 9:58 AM
Good morning Dave and all Masters!!!   You are all so good!!!!!! :wink:

Lazy day for me enjoying so many good FB post of family pix.   Check em out at FB=Julie Mattea

Jim Rungear = FB
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-06-13 10:28 AM
Good afternoon! I've decided to take a rest day from my usual walk/run today. I did just under 3.5 miles yesterday. I have a weird knot on the top of my foot (popped up yesterday sometime) and I haven't even tried to put on my running shoes. I've just spent a lazy, barefoot day in the house so far. Yeah, maybe I should try the shoes!
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-13 12:12 PM
Nah let those toes spread out and be free!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: My yoga teacher was showing me foot and toe exercises that are so hard (for me) but they make my toes feel awesome and she said to go barefoot as much as possible so I have been. And I've been wearing Altras that are similar to barefoot shoes--amazing!!! I took Monday off as a rest day (normally a run day) because I ran Friday-Saturday-Sunday and felt I was pushing the envelope a tad.

Listen to the body!!!
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-06-13 10:30 AM
9.07 humid and sweaty miles this morning. But it was fun.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-13 10:39 AM
Weird, weary, wondering, waiting, windy... This is what's happening so far. It is wacky here this morning. I could not sleep at all last night, ended up falling asleep at 4 am. I've been dragging all day. Did my arm workout. Sat by the pool drinking coffee and saw a hummingbird. Never seen a hummingbird back there before so I hung one of the feeders out back. Then there is a Blue jay making this very odd sound. I've gone out a few times to see if there was a reason. I've heard them imitate the hawks before, but that's not the sound. This is eery sounding. I was googling it, but couldn't find the sound he (?) is making.

It's cloudy and windy, and every time I step outside it rains. Not a lot, just quick passing shower. But every time I step outside it happens. Weird!!! :wtf:

Yesterday there was a garter snake in the pool. Did I post that? I can't remember? My cat was fascinated! When I showed C my video he thought she might be looking for a place to have babies.. :shocker!:

This morning a baby chipmunk in the pool I hate that.... :sad:

Trail run tonight @ 7 pm.

That's it for now...
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-06-13 11:16 AM
The birds have been excessively loud around here the past few days!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-13 11:50 AM
We've got dozens of blue jays and have never had them before.  They are indeed weird birds.  Some mornings they sing "pee wee" until I could shoot them, other mornings they are screeching like an injured cat.:wtf:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-13 12:04 PM
They are wacky today for sure. When I ran on the trail a few days ago one was imitating a hawk I was looking all over then I saw the bluejay. They did last summer by the pool. Strange bird!!!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-13 12:25 PM
I used to set out nuts for the squirrels from time to time when we lived in Michigan. If the blue jays saw them, they took all the nuts. The squirrels might get one for every 20 the blue jays took. They are aggressive suckers.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-13 12:57 PM
I might need to get some Michigan blue jays to starve out my squirrels.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-15 8:32 AM
I feed squirrels. I feed everything. I make people crazy!!! The chipmunks on the other hand. :mutmad: A couple of months ago I bought this awful wholesome cereal--when people say cardboard theses the stuff they mean. I usually like them but this one : pbbt: and I bought this granola no oil, no sugar, yada yada..it was hard for me to chew. So guess who got them? I sprinkled it in the garden under the feeder. GONE in a few hours. The squirrels loved the granola. One was turning all over in it's lil paws. I love that.. nomnomnomnom :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-15 8:38 AM
They sit in my honey locust tree, pull off the small branches, lick the honey out, then drop them in the yard.  All. Day. Long.   I pick up a full can every day.:mutmad:  Then to change things up they sit on the roof and pick at the chimney flashing.  Trying to hide food for the winter.  I hate them.  My husband shoots bottle rockets at them.  It can get pretty entertaining.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-15 8:53 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: we have a contemporary house with a flat roof (yes odd for NE but anyway) they sit on the roof and eat the what ever is on the roof. And they run back and forth drives my kitty crazy.... but she gets her neck exercises in. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-15 9:20 AM

>They sit in my honey locust tree, pull off the small branches, lick the honey out, then drop them in the yard. <

The squirrels in Michigan used to chew off and drop branches from our Cottonwood trees. I never understood why, but maybe they liked what was in those. They hit me with branches a couple times when I was out on the back patio.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-13 1:51 PM
Good afternoon!

My power walk was done this morning and then I joined the bulk mail volunteer team for a mailout.  The sky is cloudy and rain is in the forecast.  I really hope the forecasters are correct this time!

Our ac is wonky but the repairman is here and should be fixed.  My husband thought it was a loose connector and apparently that might be the problem.

I really should do dust my study/office this afternoon.  Now that I don't have HOA treasurer paperwork, it's much easier to toss stuff away.  Plus the HOA laptop is no longer on  my desk. 

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wacky Wednesday - 6/13