Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wednesdailies Surge Forth!
- - By judyruns Date 2018-06-13 5:55 AM
Post what you wish. :happy:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-13 5:56 AM
Good weather had me dashing out the trail. I met a running buddy and she and I did 60 minutes with a good catchup talk afterwards. I delivered some materials at my library only to find their fire strobes had to be fixed to turn them off. My friends I worked with were all outside so we had a good talk together.
Today I may have to scoot down to the park or stay home. It is supposed to storm, but a little later in the morning.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-06-13 7:08 AM
My "surging" leaves a bit to be desired, but I did manage a not-horrible 5 miles this morning.  I guess not-horrible is about as good as it gets this time of year. :laugh:

I was gone running errands all day yesterday, so today I need to do some work outside, at least until it starts raining.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-13 10:24 AM
Excellent not-horrible 5 miler! :grin: We take what we can get.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-06-13 12:37 PM
Are things already too hot where you are?

Here summer doesn't start until July 5th.: pbbt:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-06-13 2:45 PM
Summer here starts in May. :meh:  Even on days when it's rainy and doesn't get too hot, it never gets cool.  Overnight lows don't get below 70*F (with 100% humidity), so running first thing in the morning is still rather unpleasant.
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-06-13 12:37 PM
I don't think I posted  yesterday's swim.  Nice and easy. I think I"m going to sub one of my swims for a dry land workout, as my muscle imbalances toward swimming muscles are becoming clearer to me. So Thursday will be in the weight room.

Today, yoga.  I did a class that works up to Eagle pose. I've done it at least once before and it is awesome.  A great combination of hips and shoulders that my swimming muscles really appreciate. And, it is a level 2, so it is a tad too hard for me, which is great too, gives me something to strive for, and I get to think through ways to modify poses for my body-- which helps with my personal training goal.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-06-13 2:46 PM
Sounds like a good yoga class!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-06-13 11:06 PM
I had to Google eagle pose and I am in awe of people who can get their bodies to do that.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-14 7:02 AM
Oh! I can do eagle pose...for about half a second. :laugh:
Parent - - By moonglow9 Date 2018-06-14 10:21 AM
A lot of it is going sequentially, finding the balance with the crossed legs before adding the crossing of the arms. It also helps to raise the crossed arms vertically so they are higher a bit, and look past them (almost through them) at a point on the wall. I don't like looking at a point on the floor because often looking down prompts a collapse of balance. Surprisingly, the core is very much involved, and tightening that helps stay upright.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-06-14 11:30 AM
This class also laid the foundation well for the pose. Loosening up the things that need it to get into the pose fully and deeply.  It was awesome!

It's also a pose that can be modified. I was able to hook my left foot behind my right calf but struggles to do so with the right foot. You can just do the cross and not the hook. I've also seen instructors suggest hugging yourself instead of doing the full arm twist.  It is one of the things I like about yoga, so many choices to make it easier or harder. It really meets you where you are.
Parent - - By moonglow9 Date 2018-06-14 10:21 AM
Well done you on the eagle pose! Having classes that push a bit is exciting.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-06-14 11:30 AM
Yeah. It was great. And I loved the way I felt after. I'll have to do that one more!!
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-06-14 1:43 PM
Thanks for the ideas, ladies! It helps so much to have the alternatives and approaches spelled out.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-06-14 3:21 PM
A good yoga teacher will do this, but if you are taking an online class (like I usually do) it isn't that easy.  Part of my desire as a personal trainer (when I become one) is to help people adapt activities to the body they have. It isn't hard, but it does take some thought.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wednesdailies Surge Forth!