Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday, 12 June 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-12 7:17 AM
Time to post!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-12 7:34 AM
It's cloudy and 77 degrees -- what a relief!  Too bad today I have decided to go to the gym.  However, I'm hoping tomorrow we wake up to cool weather again.
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-06-12 7:54 PM
We had frost last night and nearly a foot of snow, not terribly far away. :laugh::hug:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-13 5:30 AM
:shocker!:
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-12 7:50 AM
Got in 3.34 mile run yesterday in a nice cool evening.

Rebecca had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled yesterday. So, yesterday evening was filled with the moans of a HS Grad who was fairly sure she was dying :)
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-12 8:59 AM
A group of friends is doing a hill workout on the HS cross country course at 5:30 tonight.   Not sure.....temps are in the low 70's currently but there is a chance of 90+ by that time of day.   We received the same forecast though yesterday and it never left the 70's.  Makes it hard to plan.   I'll just keep my eye on the weather a while longer i suppose.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-06-12 12:24 PM
4.33 miles this morning. Very nice running weather.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-12 1:09 PM
Just 4 miles? You??? :laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-12 1:09 PM Edited 2018-06-12 1:11 PM
Just under 3 miles this morning! Beautiful running weather -- breezy 60's. But I forgot all the hills in that hood. :shocker!: The weather was awesome. Can it just stay like this? :laugh::laugh::laugh: I love my Altras!!! Went to the gym. Decided to up my weights. They told me to stick to lower weights, but they don't seem to do anything and I hate these grandma arms. And I don't do anything else they tell me so.... wow my arms did feel like they had a monster workout. :cool::cool::cool:

Then I went to the bike shop to get my bike fixed and they spent more time trying to sell me a new bike than just telling me they can fix this wheel. :mutmad::mutmad: This is why I'm a runner. When I go into a running store they don't say "why are you running on those old legs? Oh you need this and that and this new fangled thing." :wtf: She said it's going to be $80. I said fine better than $800. I was trying to be very polite, but I got to the point where I was getting snippy -- can you just fix it and call me?"

Went to the store and everything seems so expensive anymore. Eeeesh!!!

I forgot to close the back door when I left and the kitty was at the pool studying something intently. So I went out there and she and a garter snake were having a thing...they both took off in different directions when I approached. Biggest garter snake I've ever seen.

Have an awesome one masters!!

Oh I forgot my daughter's best HS friend had a baby this morning...on her 36th birthday!!! I am so happy. :hug::hug::hug::hug: She is so amazing with kids. He is one lucky lil guy!!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-12 1:17 PM
lots of good stuff in here:grin:

I got new tires last summer and when I picked up my bike they asked if they could do anything else for me.  I asked them to loosen the screw on the hand brake and tilt it a little more toward me so I didn't have to reach so far (a little carpal tunnel and that reach hurts).  Their prompt reply was they could, but it would entail new cables, possibly new brake pads, they'd need it another week.  $20-$50 depending.....:roll:   Jeez, I adjusted it myself when I got home.  I thought they actually wanted to be helpful when all they wanted was another sale.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-12 1:33 PM
She says to me "why do you want such an old bike?" :wtf:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-12 2:20 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2018-06-13 9:20 AM
Your bike stores stink! The 2 I go to, have never done that!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-12 6:50 PM
Went into the office today. Stopped at the gym on the way home for 2 miles on the treadmill and then some weights.

Got home and my new Amazon Fire HD 10 was waiting for me. I've got it all loaded up and I'm using it right now. I like the size.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-12 6:58 PM
That's what she said.

I tried to resist. I really did.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-12 7:06 PM
I almost wrote that myself.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-12 7:39 PM
look out Mark, Rob has hacked your log in.:laugh:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-12 7:54 PM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2018-06-13 9:19 AM
I got John a HD 10 and while he loves it, he finds it a bit vexing because he can't use it to stream videos upstairs in our house. It's utterly bizarre but apparently a known issue with them. Hopefully they fixed it for your generation 10.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-12 8:00 PM
I had to check and see if I had posted my workout.  Don't want to repeat myself.

Had coffee with 2 of  my neighborhood friends and then I went to Planet Fitness for my workout.  It had a nice crowd, not too big and not too small.  I think the Y may be losing some customers.  The Y relocated to the northern part of town and from what I understand, some of the people feel that it is too big and not as friendly.  Plus it's 2 stories and I think the machines are located upstairs.  They do have an elevator but people wish the equipment was on the first floor.

I also went and helped out with the summer Alpha program this evening.  It's always so good to see my friends.

My laptop is ready and I will pick it up on Thursday.  The tech said if it was more than the hard drive, I would receive a call.  I didn't so I assume that was the issue.

Good night!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday, 12 June 2018