Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Tuesday dailies
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-06-12 5:14 AM
I went out on the paddle board for an hour. I watched an eagle swoop down and snatch a fish out of the lake.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-12 5:31 AM
That's a pretty long daily for you. :grin:Hope you enjoyed your morning paddle board workout.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-12 6:21 AM
How cool :cool:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-06-12 7:27 AM
What a great way to start the day!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-12 7:43 AM
:grin:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-12 7:44 AM
SUP' Beard! Fishy got a hook in his mouth, fishy got problems! Eagle got a fish in his mouth, eagle got breakfast.

For me today, planet of fitness at lunch, and lawn mowing in the evening. No run today. I accidentally ran 11 days in a row. Oops.

Run last night was interesting. Downright slow and nearly a hike. I knew we had some rain this weekend but French Creek Park must have really got hammered. The park lived up to the 'creek' part of it's name as that's what nearly all the trails were like last night. Little flowing streams with water ponded in the low spots ankle deep. Trails were washed out in many places exposing even more rocks. These trails are rocky enough as it is. You could actually see piles of dirt in certain places. A few small creeks that normally are dry or a trickle were gushing and I could spy waterfalls even up in the hills. Anyways, really tricky conditions to run in but we did get in 7 slow slow slow miles.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-12 9:18 AM
Sounds interesting but messy.:shocker!:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-12 10:11 AM
11 days :shocker!:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-06-12 8:40 AM
Nice!  :cool:  Well, not for the fish.
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2018-06-12 8:52 AM
:roll:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-06-12 9:00 AM
that's a pretty nice morning.
Parent - By george [us] Date 2018-06-12 11:37 AM
A bit over 7 miles with 12x 200m on the track, then did squats and Bulgarian split squats after. I can barely walk now.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-06-12 7:44 PM
Whoa that's awesome. :shocker!:

Boring day here although the day was gorgeous. I had to take mrs. flamus for a routine procedure in the afternoon and we've been watching the neighbors' kids this evening. Although we did go out for ice cream at a local stand so that was pretty awesome. :cool: No workout of any kind other than morning exercises, although I did run 6 yesterday but was too busy to post them.
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-12 5:35 AM
I ran 1 mile indoors last night before my weight class. I was so tired after the weight workout, I was practically delirious.  I love the idea of morning workouts but evening workout lead to more evening workouts since I have no desire to set the alarm for 4:00 am when I am still recovering from my evening workout. :laugh:

I may run tonight, but it was blazing hot last night so we'll see.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-12 6:21 AM
I know that feeling! You get in a pattern. :)

Good luck if you run! :grin:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-06-12 7:28 AM
It is tough to get up after a rigorous evening workout. Important thing is getting a workout in.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-12 7:43 AM
:laugh: I have that problem too!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-12 8:16 AM
I am with you on 4am wake-up calls. Blech.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-06-12 9:01 AM
I agree on the evening workout thing!
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-06-12 12:56 PM
i am doing that evening/morning workout thing for relay training! it is very hard to get up and get the legs (and brain) to move!
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-12 6:15 AM
5 miles with a friend :hug::hug: It's flipping hot.

Was good to visit. She's a neighbor and always says she slows me down but it was good and fun. :grin:

I think I'm taking the kids to Six Flags today :meh::shocker!::laugh:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-06-12 7:29 AM
OMG.....Six Flags when it is supposed to 96*? You be crazy!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-12 8:04 AM
Right?
I have a cut off though. Makes it bearable. :laugh:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-12 7:44 AM
:grin: Have fun at Six Flags! Hydrate!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-12 8:04 AM
:grin::grin:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-12 8:15 AM
I took my nephews there one hot summer day back in the 90's when we live in Plano. Late afternoon all they wanted to do is stand on the bridge by the splash boat!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-12 2:08 PM
My kids love that bridge. They opted not to do that one today. We did the log ride. :grin:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-06-12 9:02 AM
have fun at six flags!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-12 9:21 AM
I remember as a kid wanting to move to Texas so I could go to Six Flags all the time. I did convince my parents that we should go to the one in St Louis and visit the arch over a weekend. This was a long time ago. I don't know if the park is still there, but back then they had a giant slide.:mischief:
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-06-12 7:39 AM
10 miles. One of my gals was going to meet at the hill portion of my run, but she wasn't there when i was doing it which was not a biggie. Since she is a teacher, she doesn't have be to done as early as need to be done, as school is out. Will go to boxing class tonight.

Lots of stuff going on work this week. I will either have a big success or big failure.....there is never a middle ground.:roll:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-12 7:45 AM
Yay work :roll:

Nice double digits on Tuesday :cool:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-12 8:14 AM
Hoping for a big success!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-06-12 2:35 PM
great run as usual! good luck with the work stuff.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-13 5:24 AM
I always feel both annoyed and smugly superior when the other person doesn't show up. I am envious of anyone who can get in 10 miles before work. Good job!

Hope you have a big success! Definitely not a big a failure.:laugh:
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-12 8:06 AM
300 yard swim and potential 3 mile run on tap for tonight. Opted to stay in bed for an extra 1.25 hours this morning as it seems this latest bout with insomnia is finally lifting <knock on wood>. I actually went fully back to sleep and even had a dream! :shocker!:

Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday! :hug: My boss called me after work last night and told me that he did some research and the comps I showed him were within the range that our HR team saw and he thinks that my chances are good of getting this raise. :grin: But his boss (managing partner) is out of town this week so I have to wait till next week for an answer. I gave him a final number this morning which was actually higher than the number I gave yesterday since he gave me the highest marks on my review and said I am supposed to be promoted by end of year, so I took that into account when giving my number. I am feeling much more positive about this than I was yesterday since my boss's initial response was basically "they are going to say no and you will have to leave" but I think I completely threw him off guard since every other time he/they gave me a paltry raise (even with a promotion :roll:) I just smiled and said thank you. So he wasn't exactly ready for this. So yay me. :happy:

In other news, DH is interviewing for new jobs and is bringing up the idea of franchising a gym or a running store. He has admitted that he might be going through a midlife crisis. :shocker!::laugh: We will see how all of this shakes out, but I am just happy that he's not quitting his current job outright like he wanted to a few weeks ago.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-12 8:12 AM
Good luck on the job/raise front. Make sure DH shows you his business plan for gym and running store!
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-06-12 8:42 AM
Nice job on the negotiation!  I hope it comes through.  It's hard to advocate for yourself.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-06-12 9:03 AM
great news for you!

Having his own gym or running store would be really consuming, especially evenings and weekends.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-06-12 9:08 AM
As someone who works with business owners, I have one suggestion to pass along in case he does decide to jump into his mid-life crisis.  He should work at a gym or running store, on the business side for at least 6-9 months, before he commits to something and spends a dollar.  My 25 years experience tells me the biggest issue when someone gets into something new, is THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW.  Additionally, there are SO MANY different things to consider before committing to a franchise.  If he is really interested in looking at this, I would be happy to talk with you both.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-12 10:13 AM
Thank you! :hug: We might take you up on that if he decides he's serious about this. We watch Bar Rescue and Restaurant Impossible and see the people who have jumped into those businesses with absolutely no idea what they are doing, and we rightfully make fun of them. When I tell DH that neither of us knows anything about running a gym or store, he says, "But we are smart people, we can figure it out." :roll: So, yeah, he definitely needs to see what it takes before committing.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-06-12 12:54 PM
I'm glad DH is starting to look around and even dream a little! but yeah, lot of work as business owner!  :shocker!:

and yay for you!  :grin::grin:
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2018-06-12 5:43 PM
I wanted to go thru a mid-life crisis, but Mrs. Rob wouldn't let me. :meh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-13 5:31 AM
Good for you on the work front. It sounds like you have done your homework and are definitely deserving.

I agree with Blazer85 suggestion regarding working in such a place for awhile to learn about the business aspect of it. He might find it dreadful and more importantly, he would learn something.
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-06-12 8:07 AM
Probably an SDO for me today.

Had a dental hygienist appt. this morning, need to cut the grass and am RDing the race our club puts on tonight so I have some stuff to get ready for that.  Forecast for 72° at the 7pm start time and dropping to 69° by the time everyone's finished and we're doing awards!  Perfect for a June evening race! A LOT different than the record 97° I'm in NJ, not TX  :wink: we had last year so I guess the news crew won't be back at the race to interview me for a heat story like last year :laugh:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-12 8:13 AM
Perfect day for a summer evening race.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-06-12 9:04 AM
that is some ideal summer weather!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-06-12 9:26 AM
We’ve been having unusually lovely weather!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-12 10:13 AM
I remember that news report! :laugh:
- - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-06-12 8:42 AM
7 miles on the treadmill this morning. My kid had her first day at a new camp. She asked me to stay with her, then no less than a minute later met a kid her age and could barely bring herself to high-5 me.

weekend had highs and lows. We enjoyed the time in Philadelphia, saw some friends (Not enough, because of limited time. visited the Liberty Bell and the Constitution Center. N really likes history, it was funny seeing people's reactions when she recognized some of the photos at the liberty bell.

we were there for my ILs 50th anniversary, the dinner itself was very nice. We haven't seen them in a year, and while I don't really care to see them I am disappointed that they never asked my husband when we were coming in so they could see their granddaughter who they haven't seen in a year. Some of what happened at the dinner made it clear that my daughter is the least preferred of their 10 grandchildren. It broke my heart, I will not be subjecting her to something like that again.
Parent - - By Tim [us] Date 2018-06-12 8:56 AM
Sounds like a nice Philly visit (the city itself, Liberty Bell, etc.). Yikes on the in-laws!:sad: And good for you for (a) showing up, and (b) looking out for yourself by keeping future interactions with them limited.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-06-12 9:05 AM
I really don't care about me, but it sucks to see a little kid treated badly.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-06-12 9:25 AM
So sorry about the in laws. :sad: glad you enjoyed your philly visit! Good weather Saturday, crap on Sunday :laugh:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-06-12 1:39 PM
yeah, sunday was fine-we got caught in some rain walking around but it wasn't too bad.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-12 10:15 AM
N :hug:

Your in-laws suck. :sad: I don't understand how grandparents can have preferred grandchildren, but I don't understand even more how they could convey that at a family dinner. :mutmad:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-06-12 12:50 PM
loved the pictures!

and ugh. the ILs are missing out.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-13 5:38 AM
I am glad your daughter is off to a good start at camp.

So true what they say that you can choose your friends but not your relatives. Some relatives are a lot better than others.
- - By SRoo Date 2018-06-12 8:43 AM
30 minute easy swim this morning.  I'll take the dog for a walk to burn off some of her extra bounciness--we have agility class tonight and we haven't trained for two weeks.  I have low expectations.  :laugh:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-12 10:15 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-06-12 12:49 PM
I look forward to the report!  :laugh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-13 5:39 AM
Hope the walk works in calming down the dog.
- - By Tim [us] Date 2018-06-12 8:51 AM
:roll:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-12 10:16 AM
Is that your workout :wtf:

You owe us a weekend update! :hug:
Parent - - By Tim [us] Date 2018-06-12 12:02 PM
No, I biked this morning. Just doing some Beard-shaming in the hopes that he’ll either post some more interesting dailies or stop posting the :yawn: dailies of “I’m the Bread and this was my workout today. I don’t give a fuck what anyone else’s workout was so I’m not even going to bother asking.”
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-06-12 2:18 PM
I want to party with you and the Beard!
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2018-06-12 7:12 PM
:laugh:

I might have to sneak up on him and tip over his paddleboard.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-13 5:43 AM
And some people wonder why they can never keep a conversation going...

Actually, I am just glad he starts it.  Most of us never seem to have difficulty finding things to post about, but I enjoy your thought provoking dailies even more of course.
- - By nooner [us] Date 2018-06-12 9:03 AM
30 minutes on the trails this morning.

A vendor is meeting me for lunch so I needed to get my run in this morning. I went to the trails with the plan to run the short 4.5 mile loop but a number of our trail running group were in the parking lot when I arrived. One guy hadn’t run yet so I went with him. His knees have been bothering him so he said that he could only do 30 minutes and I was welcome to extend the run once he had to turn around. I hadn’t run with him in a couple of years so I stuck with him rather than add on and we had a great time catching up on kids, life etc.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-12 1:01 PM
Sounds like a nice run :happy:
- - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-06-12 9:24 AM
Have been out of the loop for a few days - nothing exciting, just life stuff. I’m childcare-less for the next three weeks so it’s been more challenging to fit stuff in. P is learning to love, or at least tolerate, the running stroller again, and I’m trying to get work done whenever she’s sleeping. Fun :meh:

Anyway, 6.4 Gallomiles yesterday and 4 today. I’ll be 23 wks on Thursday and I’m continuing to get slower :laugh: my current approach is that anyhing is better than nothing, even if it’s just walking.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-06-12 12:48 PM
oof that is tough! how much does P weigh now? yes, anything counts!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-12 1:02 PM
Good luck on the next 3 weeks! :shocker!:

You are still putting in great mileage. :cool:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-06-12 1:38 PM
summer running when pregnant is hard. Hang in there!
having no child care in the summer is so tough! Good luck. At least she still naps.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-13 5:44 AM
Keep moving forward. You are doing great!
- - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2018-06-12 10:11 AM
That sounds like quite a sight.  :shocker!:

3.6 mile run for me today.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-12 1:02 PM
:cool:
- - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-06-12 12:47 PM
double today. I ran 3 this morning. It was glorious out! And I'm doing one of the short trail races tonight. They are really fun and this one is just a couple miles from where i live and they grill hot dogs and have watermelon and give out a lot of random goofy prizes. It's always fun. I'm doing the 8k which means i will run a 2.something loop twice. it's very hilly but not too technical. I have not done any harder workouts in a while so i'm a little nervous about that. :blush:

and i'm actually planning more like a triple. I hope to run longer tomorrow morning even though i have to be into work promptly because of a more complicated regional training set up. Since i don't usually sleep well after a harder evening run, i should be awake. :roll:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-12 1:03 PM
That trail race sounds fun! :grin:

Sounds like you are feeling less discombobulated, that's great! :hug:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-06-12 2:04 PM
they are at different parks all throughout the puget sound. I try to get to the ones that are local for us as they are always fun.

Hip is definitely better and I'm catching up a bit at work/life, finally!
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-06-12 1:32 PM
oh, a summer trail series sounds really fun. And glorious weather sounds even better!
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-06-12 2:03 PM
glorious weather = 67 - 68, partly cloudy (although ravine is mostly forested). dew point is 45. :cool:

you see a lot of kids at these races too since there are options for short and long. This evening's race choices are 4k, 8k or 12k. Also nice for beginner runners!
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-13 5:46 AM
That's a lot of running.

What is this relay event your are training for?
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-06-13 10:44 AM
ragnar northwest passage in mid-july. I captain a team (sometimes two) every year. :happy: I'm also doing a multi-day longer event early august so need to get accustomed to running or moving on tired legs.
- - By foggydoggy Date 2018-06-12 10:39 PM
3.75 miles TM speed workout  It was pretty here but the y renovation is done so I had to check it out.  I haven't done intervals in a month and could definitely feel it. 

also have a new commute vehicle since the BART extensions opened  so 2.5-3 miles on a Razor kick scooter.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-13 5:47 AM
Intervals are the only way to make TM time go by before insanity sets in. :laugh:
- By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-06-13 1:39 PM
did ladies tennis drills from 7:30 until 9. we worked on some T returns and then poaching. looking forward to next week when we're going to be working on some serving - I would love to be more consistent there.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Tuesday dailies