Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday, 11 Jun 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-11 5:19 AM
This is anniversary week!

Happy Anniversary to Dave and Cindy!  I hope you found the card you were looking for.

Tell us about your Monday.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-11 5:48 AM
Good morning.

I did my little core routine this morning and then went out for 4 miles. I would say that it was warm and humid but there is no sense repeating myself everyday for the next 3+ months.

I did find a reasonable card. Added some flowers and Jelly Belly candy. We don't normally give gifts on our anniversary, but I do like hearing about Tom's gifts.

Other than Rob, who talks like a Hallmark card?
- "I thank my lucky stars every time I think of you."

They didn't have an 35 year anniversary cards. I almost bought a 10 year and a 25 year but decided against it at the last moment.

I'll be working all day, but I could get some good views of rain out my windows to keep me entertained. I love the rain.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-11 6:28 AM
Happy Anniversary!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-06-11 6:59 AM
Happy Anniversary! I'm surprised that YOU don't talk like a Hallmark card!!!

I love the rain also-especially here in the summer. Yesterday Alex and I got out of the car at the grocery store and I told her I was pretty sure we were in hell! Guess I'm still not adjusting well to being back in the south! Pretty sure my family is tired of hearing me say that I need to move to Alaska, or at least Northern Maine!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-06-12 7:54 PM
Happy anniversary!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-06-11 7:01 AM
Good Morning! So far this morning I have only shoved my family out the door, drank a lot of coffee and sat at the computer! I do plan to get out the door soon though for my walk/run.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-11 7:34 AM
Hi Pam.   Sorry I missed an FE while in Hotlanta.  They had us pretty well booked and not sure I could have fit it in.   What side of (part) of Atlanta do you live in.  We took bus tours of garden railroads each day.  And how do you get anywhere on the interstate own there?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-11 7:52 AM

>And how do you get anywhere on the interstate down there?<

:laugh: :laugh:

And next month I'll be making 2 round trips through Atlanta.... :cry:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-06-12 5:52 AM
Tom-I too am sorry we couldn't meet up. I saw that you were here. I told Ray and Conor that our "train friend" was in town and we all agreed we would love to meet you and your lovely wife in person. We had a lacrosse tournament for the past 2 weekends that were 2 hours away (in the old days they would have been under an hour,) and I knew we wouldn't be able to meet up with so much going on. We are in Grayson which is Northeast of Atlanta in Gwinnett County. Have I mentioned in the past hour that I HATE Atlanta traffic AND heat???? LOL! I used to love to go to concerts and other events in Atlanta (Piedmont Park in downtown has awesome free events,) but now I don't find anything much worth driving into Atlanta for!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-06-12 7:52 PM
I saw the Eagles in Piedmont Park. One of my favorite shows, ever!
I enjoyed that section of Atlanta, but the heat and traffic are too much for this mountain gal. :laugh::blush:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-11 7:56 AM
Lynda and I celebrated #46 anniversary yesterday.  Ellen and Robert #18.   We all celebrated by pulling weeds.   With all the rain here it is beginning to look like a tropical rain forest.   Ellen had a small mud slide on the lower part of their property.   Not a danger to the house but it took about a 3ft chunk near the beehives.   We sent Ellen and Robert out for dinner last night.  We played Chicken Foot with kids.   Except Nathanial who went to dinner. He is growing as fast as those weeds.

Today is fix the club house.  We built it 5 years ago.  But the builder made some bonehead mistakes and now I must pay for my poor decisions and replace the floor.  

Atlanta garden rr convention was good.  Had some incredible ribs one night.  Went to go back Friday night but my battery was dead.  It fried after sitting 3 days in a hot Atlanta parking lot.  Had to have AAA get me a new battery.  That was on the same day as the bus with a flat tire. 

Dave I know you want to take a job in Atlanta and commute on the interstate every day.  Oh my it is bad.  Glad I was on a bus tour and not driving myself.

Lots and lots of walking to and from convention and hotel, easier than driving. Some pretty good hills and lots of steps. 

Tom in WC
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-11 8:02 AM

>Lynda and I celebrated #46 anniversary yesterday. <

Congratulations.  Just like Dawn always topped my winter weather when I lived in Michigan, you can always top my anniversary number.

>Dave I know you want to take a job in Atlanta and commute on the interstate every day.<

If my daughter's plan to move to Navarre Beach happens, these will be my last trips through Atlanta.  We go through Birmingham & Montgomery to Navarre, but combined, they don't have 50% of the traffic of Atlanta.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-11 9:49 AM
Congratulations.  Just like Dawn always topped my winter weather when I lived in Michigan, you can always top my anniversary number.  : pbbt:: pbbt:
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-06-12 7:53 PM
Happy anniversary, Tom and Lynda! #46 is pretty darn cool. :cool:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-06-11 9:13 AM
Happy Aniversary to all folks.

8.69 miles this morning. 6x880y on the HS track. Rainy and cool but it was a good run.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-11 9:50 AM
Went for my power walk and then came home to mow the front yard.   It is cloudy and we have a slight breeze so not too bad.  And there is a chance for rain this weekend!

Ok, I need to go shower and then head to the grocery store.

Be back later.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-11 2:47 PM
thank you for the FB link.  I'm going to make time for it later tonight.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-06-11 2:23 PM
Happy anniversary Dave and Cindy.  Happy anniversary Tom and Lynda. 

Yesterday afternoon I got a call from Makayla saying that her and Isaac had just been in a car wreck.  She assured me they were fine.  The accident happened in front of my school only 2.5 miles from home.  I guessed what had happened without her telling me and I was right.  Isaac turned left onto a highway and the vehicles in the turning lane obstructed his view and he pulled out in front of an oncoming car.  He was t-boned, but his Ford Escape is a safe vehicle.  Air bags deployed and the Escape is totaled, but Isaac had no injuries and Makayla has a sprained elbow.  Melissa and I and Isaac's parents drove the kids to the ER.   Makayla said the guy who hit them was bleeding from the head, but the sheriff said he thought the guy was going to be okay.  There are accidents at that intersection in the same scenario all the time.  I wish the DOT would remedy that intersection and make it safer. 

8 miles this morning.  Then I volunteered riding the summer lunch bus that stops at various neighborhoods to feed kids.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-11 2:46 PM
Thank you God that Makayla and Isaac are ok.  Cars can be replaced.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-11 3:05 PM
Glad the kids are fine. Agree with Dawn, cars can be replaced.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-11 2:47 PM
Kitty Love and weed pulling and yoga.  A good day so far.:happy:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday, 11 Jun 2018