Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Cool Mondailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-06-11 4:49 AM
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-06-11 4:55 AM
Friday I left the park on my run and started out the trail. All of a sudden I looked up and in front of me were two young bucks, starting at me. I stopped and waited. They did the same. Finally I said to them, “Well, what are we going to do?”. They waited a little, then one at a time they turned and walked into the woods. Their antlers were as tall as their ears. The run was a good 45 minutes. I changed shoes to sandals and went on to the grocery. DC and I spent 2.5 hours doing our volunteer work at the library.

Saturday was SDO plus a short hike.

Sunday Buddy and I did 60 minutes on a run in pouring rain. Last years shoes didn’t get as wet as the new, softer ones…Adrenalines but the softness has been great for my toe. We saw deer and bunnies.

Today see that my yellow bean sprouts are appearing I the pots on my balcony. I may do a short run out the trail. The shoes dried overnight.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-11 5:55 AM
:shocker!: The bucks would have shocked me. I'm glad they didn't bother you. How bad does your toe feel now?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-11 1:23 PM
Actually, I wear wide open toe sandals so nothing rubs. Running shoes just for the run itself. The toe feels good, no pain. The podiatrist said it will swell for 3 months but not from running. It was injured, so it will swell. My feet are small and the bone that broke was very small so the swelling is very localized.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-11 5:54 AM
It took my body a bit to warm up, but then the run was good. The weather has been cooler in the morning. I did some stretching afterwards and I am hoping to do it more consistently. Also hoping it helps. Saturday I ran 3ish and yesterday was a rest day, although I did a bunch of chores. Next week is the last week of school, so I purged a lot of paperwork. I needed to find my summer packet worksheets and I did! Right away too, which usually doesn't happen.:laugh: I have to schedule myself better in the fall. Some of my days are long.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-11 1:25 PM
Good work on the running! :grin: Purging is so helpful. Long work days can really wear you out quickly.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-06-11 6:55 AM
"Cool" is never a word associated with GA in June.  It's warm and oppressively humid. :roll:  I ran one of my usual 5-mile routes and didn't feel as awful as I was feeling last week, so I guess that's something.  Oddly, I saw two people walking and one person running this morning.  I'd expect to see maybe one person per year on foot along that route.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-06-11 11:56 AM
LOL! I know what you mean! Maybe you have new neighbors who will join you as runners?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-11 1:27 PM
Good work on the 5 miler! And really good that you feel better than last week.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-06-11 11:56 AM
Had to drop the truck off for service today. The garage has a courtesy ride service available, but I thought, nah, it's only 7 miles from the house; I'll drop it off and ride my bike home.  Worked out great. I was feeling very happy for the local passion for wide roads and plenty of room for bikes. Biking on the road here feels a lot less dangerous than back in Virginia!

Legs are feeling good, things seem to be working just fine. I am trying to go slowly in terms of rebuilding stamina in my lower leg muscles. May alternate biking and running for a while.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-06-11 1:41 PM
It can be really helpful to choose what you feel like exercise-wise rather than having formal patterns. It's worked with the toe. :laugh:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-06-11 2:04 PM
Your poor tootsie...
Up Topic Communities / Women / Cool Mondailies