Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Sundailies (and NRR, if you want)
- - By swandive Date 2018-06-10 8:41 AM
*tap* *tap*  Is this thing on?
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-06-10 8:48 AM
I actually ran yesterday and have an SDO today, but I never got around to posting yesterday.  I ran 12+ miles slowly, but it was faster than last week and less abjectly miserable.  I was back home by 9am, but didn't get to sit down to rest until 6pm, by which time I was exhausted.  We had a retirement party for my dad yesterday afternoon, so there was lots of cleaning and food prep to do, then a whole house full of people all afternoon and cleanup.  I did try out a new recipe (from the Minimalist Baker cookbook) for spinach and artichoke dip.  It was a big hit and I don't think most people realized it was vegan. :happy:

Today I'm going to the local plant nursery, but otherwise don't have a whole lot planned.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-06-10 1:55 PM
Congratulations on the big hit dip! What did you use, silken tofu?

Also glad you had a better run this week than last.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-06-10 6:51 PM
A mix of cashews (raw, soaked) and vegan cream cheese, plus some other stuff like nutritional yeast and a bit of almond milk.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-10 2:18 PM
I wonder how the dip would have went over if they knew it was vegan. Faster run is good.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-10 2:17 PM Edited 2018-06-10 2:20 PM
Today is a rest day. Yesterday I did about 3 miles. I added another fun thing to my medical woes, got diagnosed with diverticulitis and was put on meds Friday. I think the meds are messing with my stomach. I had a cat scan a week ago to check my kidney stones and it came up. I haven't been feeling myself, but I thought I ate something that didn't agree with me. I am so out of touch with my body, that I disregard my aches. Now I have to see a gastro doc. Too many docs. I am going to use this as an excuse for my slow running.:laugh:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-06-10 6:51 PM
Geez, because you needed more medical problems. :cry:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-06-10 8:04 PM
I did a 4-mile run-walk today at the park and my right leg felt fine. No pain, muscles felt like they were engaging normally. This is good.

I am also finding today that I just don't care anymore. I hate setting goals for rehab and being disappointed. Goals aren't motivating me anymore; they're just making me feel like plans are useless and stupid and something else will just happen to derail me so why bother. Yeah, I am feeling low today.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-06-11 8:28 AM
I think goals are useful for things you can control.  Certainly you can do things to aid in your recovery, but a lot of the time it takes for your body to heal is beyond your control so setting rehab goals can easily turn into an exercise in frustration.  I think Moonglow said that she set a goal of intentional movement every day -- whether that be going for a run or stretching in bed -- because of day-to-day uncertainty about what her body will be able to do.  I wonder if that type of process-oriented goal might be more useful for you than making it to a specific milestone in a certain amount of time.
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-06-10 8:18 PM
12 miles with marathon pace yesterday and 4 with Cooper today, 6 days until marathon day!

NRR they started building our new house, so excited to move forward.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-06-11 8:29 AM
Exciting about your house!  How long is it expected to take for it to be built?
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-06-11 1:04 PM
About 3 1/2 months so looking at late September or early October, perfect time to move without crazy summer heat or snow!
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-06-10 8:18 PM Edited 2018-06-10 8:45 PM
Sorry I decided to delete.  DD1's dad would be ok if I posted it but deleting due to others who follow me online that I'd rather not see.  I'll let you know outcome though.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-06-10 8:27 PM
What??? Holy moly. This is your first husband, the one I met so long ago, right? :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:

Poor DD! That is way too much to deal with at her age. :sad:
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-06-10 8:40 PM Edited 2018-06-10 8:46 PM
Yes, my first husband but no you didn't meet him.  He lived in PA.  He did remarry, has a son, but he and his son's mother divorced.  Like I said a lot more going on but nothing optimistic.  I feel awful for DD and her brother.
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-06-10 8:30 PM
Oh no :cry::hug: that is a lot for DD to deal with.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-06-10 8:53 PM
I didn't see it but thinking of you and DD1 and her brother since I gather this concerns their dad.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-06-11 8:29 AM
I didn't see before you deleted, but best wishes to you and DD1. :hug:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-11 1:19 PM
Best wishes from me as well.
It is indeed a red flag if anyone is following posts. It's unnerving nowadays that this adds complications to things.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-06-10 1:57 PM
No run today since I did Shadow of the Giants yesterday.

Heartsick. The recreational trail in Nelder Grove was destroyed by the Railroad fire. Some of the Graveyard of the Giants trail was also charred. There's been damage due to erosion and some of the sequoias may not recover. :sad:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-10 2:17 PM
That's sad about the trees.:sad: I will have to read your report when it's posted.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-06-10 6:52 PM
Very sad about the fire-damaged landscape, especially the sequoias. :sad:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-06-10 8:05 PM
That is really sad. :sad:
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-06-11 4:32 AM
Sad to hear that. :sad:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Sundailies (and NRR, if you want)