Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday - 6/10/18
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-10 6:17 AM
Happy Sunday.

How's things?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-10 6:25 AM Edited 2018-06-10 6:28 AM
Things are good here. I ran 4.1 this morning on a rolling hills route when it was warm and humid, and it felt good!? What's up with that? Especially since my runs the last few days have been junk.

I did a 6 minute core workout first. Is that why it felt good or is it just my biorythms on an up swing?

Amazon is running some father's day specials. Their 10 inch Fire tablet is only $119. I couldn't pass it up so it'll be here Tuesday. I use the 8" Fire tablet now. The 10" is not only larger, but uses a faster processor.

After the run I had breakfast on the porch and finished a biography of John Knox. I'm thinking I'll have one more mug of coffee in my Cops & Donuts mug and then it will be time for a shower and church.  (Just some Cheerios and Ensure for breakfast today. Probably sounds terrible to you all. But it was good.)
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-10 6:29 AM
Tell me more about the Fire tablet.  Is it like an Ipad?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-10 6:39 AM
Yes, it is like an iPad. It is an Android device rather than the Apple operating system. It's a bit frustrating because it's Amazon's version of Android and not all apps will run on it. But an equivalent non Amazon tablet would be much more expensive so I have learned to live with the limitations.

It works beautifully with Amazon books and video. That is why they practically give the tablet away. They plan on you spending money on books, music, videos, and shopping at Amazon for stuff.

I use it for web browsing, getting on the forum here, email, Netflix, Amazon Prime, games, and reading books with the kindle app. The kid watches Netflix on it when we travel. Keeps her entertained for hours.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-10 8:30 AM
storms off and on all night so I'm feeling a little groggy.   lingering over coffee...

Food shopping mid day, yoga this evening.

Thanks for the daily Dave.  Happy Sunday all.:happy:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-10 12:17 PM
I'm at Hallmark trying to find an anniversary card for our anniversary tomorrow (35 years). But they are all too gushy and loud. I can't find anything that just says, "Happy Anniversary. We made it another year. Let's try for at least one more."
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-10 12:46 PM
Happy Anniversary!!!

I know how that is. Some of the cards I read and I think really? People feel this way? What is wrong with me?? And finding a card for my mother (since she was never a good or loving mother and we are estranged) it's impossible. I'd like to say Happy Birthday to her, but the cards ... :shocker!:: pbbt:

Have a great anniversary!!!
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-10 5:52 PM
I hear you. Maybe we need to start our own line of cards. We can call it "Quiet Love" - all the sentiment, none of the hype.

Outside : "Honey, I love you."

Inside : "Hopefully that doesn't come as a surprise."
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-10 12:52 PM
Happy Sunday!!

Well....I tried to ride my bike. I only managed 3 miles. The high gears work like the granny gears...the only ones I could get to work were the middle gears, so I gave up and tried out my new trails shoes. So awesome. Running is so much easier. No equipment to mess with, just put on shoes and go!! Although I've noticed a lot of people lately with no shoes. Is that becoming popular again? I've been away for so long I'm not up to speed. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I also worked around the pool this morning. I woke up at 5 am --- thanks kitty!!! Couldn't get back to sleep, so I drew a little, did my arm workout. The arm they took nodes from does not want to tighten up, so everyday I do this arm workout thing. Trimmed the edging around the pool, etc.

Have a great Sunday!!!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-10 3:40 PM
busy girl.:happy:
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-10 5:44 PM
Short 1.5 mile run. Watching the Incredibles with Katy to get ready for the new movie.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-11 4:59 AM
I love that movie!!!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-11 5:18 AM
It was a busy Sunday.  Church, movies and a workout.  I like having a Planet Fitness in town!

Belated Happy Anniversary to Tom and Lynda and their daughter and her husband also!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday - 6/10/18