Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Marathon monthly April & May
- By indie [us] Date 2018-06-09 11:08 AM
Hello, marathon folks - lurkers, used to be regulars. How was spring? What are your running and non-running plans for the summer?
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-11 7:22 AM
I had a great spring! 3 marathons in 7 weeks and I didn't die. : pbbt: And thanks to that I am now a Maniac!

B&A was my goal race in April, I was shooting for sub-4. I missed with a 4:18:26, but I was only ~3 minutes off my PR, which I ended up being happy with. I was in sub-4 shape, but I went out too fast and I think the trail was cambered because I had ITB pain from mile 13 on, which I never had in training or since the race. Big Sur was marathon #2, DH and I ran it to raise $$ for our veterans charity and it kicked off our honeymoon. Most beautiful marathon I have ever run. I never wrote a race report, but I think I will just to capture it for myself. Marathon #3 was VCM, which I had absolutely no goals for except to finish. I decided to go out with the 4:15 pace group since I felt that was reasonable, but they went out too fast and I didn't back off soon enough, and I ended up with a 4:33:xx finish. I was happy with that! The 3 marathons so close together really boosted my confidence in being able to tackle the distance and to really focus on the sub-4 this fall.

This summer I am triathlon training with DH. His first sprint tri will be Quantico in August, which was my first one 3 years ago. :cool: I am signed up for Kiawah Island Marathon in December, but I am thinking of doing an earlier fall marathon as well. I am waffling between the full at MCM or going back to Steamtown for some redemption from my DNF there 14 years ago. :shocker!: I can't believe it's been that long. I'll see how the summer goes and decide closer to the date what exactly I want to do.

Oh, and I guess I am doing the 50 states marathon thing by proxy since DH is doing it and I keep running the races too. :roll: He has a few more states than me (AL, KY, OH, PA) so knocking off PA with Steamtown would make sense since he already has PA.

No real non-running plans for the summer. Our cross-country road trip honeymoon burned up a lot of our vacation days, so anything we do this summer will be local. I am hoping to finish up a bunch of house projects we have been putting off and just generally relaxing on weekends instead of working. :roll:
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2018-06-18 3:45 PM
You had a busy spring!

How many states do you have so far?
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-06-19 12:05 PM
I'm wondering the same thing: How many states are you up to at this point?
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-19 2:49 PM
I am up to 7 states so far. It's a start!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-20 8:54 AM
I already know what you've been up to.  : pbbt:

Well, for the most part. Steamtown has always been good to me but I've always run in hilly places.
- - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-06-14 11:26 AM
April: 208.5 mi, one marathon (Delaware)
May: 230.36 mi, one marathon (Washington)

Eight states to go.

Spring: It was a great day this year.
Running plans: a race or two, I hope. Still need to nail down some specifics.
Nonrunning plans: job-hunting. :meh: Concert in July.
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2018-06-18 3:46 PM
Single digits! 2019 is the plan to finish right? We'll have to make plans.

Job hunting? :(
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-19 2:48 PM
job hunting? :wtf::sad:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-20 8:52 AM
Sorry about the job stuff. Good to see that you are running some nice miles. You and Nooner are in the homestretch.
- - By indie [us] Date 2018-06-18 4:30 PM
Just been slowly building up miles. Weekly mileage up in the twenties now! :D Which seems like nothing but is three times what I was running. The heat is taking it's toll but just focusing on HR based running currently.

Ran a ten miler on my birthday and won my AG, which they have yet to send the awards. Followed that up with the Mountains to beach half marathon. Which also went a lot better than  I expected. The ten miler was at just under 9mm pace, the half came in at 8:34 ish pace which was great. Just ran a trail 15k last weekend. Slow but I was pretty happy with my effort.

Otherwise, just building up miles in prep for Chicago.

No non-running plans, we are done with vacation for this part of the year. August is a big release at work. July or Nagesh, so we will both be busy .
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-06-19 12:06 PM
You'll love Chicago -- such a great event. I'd love to run it again at some point.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-19 2:49 PM
You will love Chicago, especially with Victor there! : pbbt:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-20 8:51 AM
That sounds like speedy running to me.  :cool:

Did you run the same trail race as Blazer? I looked at that course map and it made me dizzy.
- By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-20 9:02 AM
Funny, I almost thought about starting a quarterly thread!

My running is still sort of status quo. I guess this arthritic knee is my limiting factor. I have good days and worse days and on bad day I just plod slow. Heck on the good days I plod slow. But I am running typically 6 days a week so that's not so bad. Just no long distance at the moment. 1-2 hours maximum. Mileage has been 30-40mpw for the past few months, and I've been consistent in the gym with weights and stretching. I hoping some strength work on the legs will help. Who knows? Tempted to go see the orthopod again just to see if it's normal to still have so much fluid buildup around the knee but I figure he will just say point to the arthritis and tell that's the way it is. Run less, swell less. So I am sort of stuck in a low slow mileage place but still enjoying my escapes to the woods.

No big races planned but am in a 5k evening trail series. First race was last month, and boy was that an eye opener. The next race is next week. I've been doing a few faster runs but nothing organized but hopefully there will be some improvement. A was about 90 seconds/mile off my paces from 2 years ago. I did beat the girl with the 2 leashed dogs though.  : pbbt:
Up Topic Training / Marathons / Marathon monthly April & May