Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / June 8th: Best Friends Day
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-08 6:37 AM
Good morning Masters.  I have it on good authority it is Best Friends Day.  Are you still in touch with your elementary school best friend?

And what are your Friday plans?   Have a good one!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-08 6:43 AM
My elementary school best friend and I met in 4th grade.  We've not lost touch, she is a sweet heart and I enjoy catching up with her a couple times a year.  We share January birthdays and so were always the oldest kids in class.  I think that was our bond.

We are getting clobbered with rain and it is much needed!  I wasn't going to run until tomorrow anyhow.  I've got a derm appointment today; annual skin cancer recheck.  I've got 2 spots that require an expert opinion.  Most likely he'll just hit them with some liquid nitrogen and stop it in it's tracks.  That's the best I can give you for Friday plans.  I live a quiet life.:wink:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-08 7:40 AM
Had to read that twice. First thought you said you had a damn appointment today. Couldn't figure out why you were upset about it.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-08 7:41 AM
Yesterday it was so nice in the morning that I got up early and ran 4 miles before driving to the office for a 13 hour day of construction traffic, meetings, and sitting in a cubicle. aka - Dante's 8th Circle of Hell.

Today I ran 3 and will work quietly in my home office. We're picking up some NY State Medicaid business so I have to get our claim system to "talk" to a couple new pricing software programs.  It is actually work that I enjoy.  A few years ago, when we started processing NY Medicare claims I had to obtain pricing over the web.  And I do all of that from "old fashion" COBOL & RPG programs on a mainframe. It makes me feel less like a dinosaur when I am successful. A couple days ago I was talking to a couple tech people at one of the new places and they seemed to be doing everything to call me an idiot old man. (Their documentation is not as clear as they think it is.)  I have been doing this work for 37 years and I don't know all the latest computer languages, but I can still figure out what needs to be done.

I may change my forum name to IdiotOldMan..... It has a nice ring to it.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-06-08 7:44 AM
I didn't have a best friend in elementary.  Just a bunch of us boys who played backyard whiffle ball, rode bikes, and played summer little league baseball.  I'm now FB friends with a few of them, but that's the extent of it.

My Friday began with an 8 mile run. 

Melissa and I need to update our health insurance plan through the school system sometime today. 

I noticed this morning that there are only 200 days until Christmas!  just giving everybody a heads up!
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-06-08 8:00 AM
Good Morning you lovely people.
running 3 or 4 at lunch time. very nice out now. but supposed to rain all weekend.
coffee fool email 9:21 EST
i haven't really stayed in touch with anyone from elementary school through college. see some old friends from time to time since i have lived here my whole life.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-08 9:44 AM Edited 2018-06-08 9:47 AM
Good morning Dawn and masters!

Being married to a military man for almost 20 years I lost touch with childhood friends years ago. I am still close to a friend I met in 1982. But that is the longest friendship I have. We lost touch for a while and when we were living in Maine we ran into each other at a high school function for the kids (our boys are the same age). Since we have made a real effort to remain in touch. She is awesome!! And I love her mother. I always threaten to steal her. :laugh::hug::laugh: She is so amazing. When I told her I had BC she wanted to come from Chicago to Boston to take care of me. Never have heard a word from my own mother, but this woman :hug::hug::hug::hug: Biggest heart ever!!!!

I did a 2.5 mile run this morning. I was trying out my new zero drop shoes by Altra. These babies are so comfy I didn't want to stop. :shocker!: And since my legs were a wee sore yesterday from the trail run I took it easy. Then I went to the gym. Not sure what the rest of the day is offering. Chris wants to go to a cruise night tonight.

That's all I have!!

Have an excellent one!! :hug::hug:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-08 2:24 PM
Ah.. Best Friends Day.  Bittersweet day for me.  My longtime childhood friend whom I considered my BEST friend died unexpectedly 16 years ago this month.  Our parents were neighbors and we always joked that we knew each other when we were in our mother's wombs.  I have lost family members but they were ill and I knew that death was imminent.  But my friend was a complete shock and to this day, I just don't understand why.

My neighborhood friend brightened my day yesterday.  My husband put "fertilizer" on the plants aka as plant killer and I lost several plants.  My friend dropped by yesterday afternoon with two plants to replace some of the ones I lost.  She is a good person!

I have been out all day.  Just returned from having Mexican food at our favorite restaurant and then we stopped at the "poor people's store" aka Costco.  Now we are in and are going to enjoy that air conditioning.  I may venture to Planet Fitness and get a workout done.

Enjoy your Friday afternoon/evening!
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-08 5:18 PM
So sorry to hear about your friend. :sad:

Glad you received some new plants that was so thoughtful!

Enjoy the air!!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-09 5:20 AM
Thanks Deb.  The heart never forgets.
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-06-08 8:44 PM
Just curious, why would you refer to Costco the "poor people's store"? I've never heard that saying.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-09 5:19 AM
Oh my husband listens to a group called Shiny Ribs and they have a song called "Poor People's Store" where you can buy lots of things.  Well, you go into Costco and buy and buy and come out poor!
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-06-09 3:36 PM
:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / June 8th: Best Friends Day