Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Freakin' Hot Friday RTTs
- - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-08 4:49 AM
Hot, humid, and rainy today
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-08 4:55 AM
Chance of thunderstorms every day for the next week. Will be lovely for my days off :cry::cry:

We could use the rain but sounds like some big thunderstorms coming through tonight. Tonight is a big dressy fundraiser event for the Zoo. I've always wanted to go to it because it looks cool. That would suck with the rain - I'm sure they have a backup plan but i bet it isn't as good as being outside with the animals

Hopefully the rain holds off tomorrow afternoon so my parents and I can do something fun with B in the afternoon.

It also needs to hold off on Sunday for my race. It is not going to be pretty but oh well.

Made the final Hello Fresh meal last night. The other adult in the house decided to throw a fit and not help cook since it is too much work.  Sigh. Oh well I had a good dinner by myself

It had roasted potatoes and carrots as the side. I used too much oil on them (i should have tossed in the oil before putting on the pan) but otherwise I was impressed. I don't think I've ever had roasted carrots like that. Probably would cook a bit longer next time to get a little more of a crisp, although maybe that would have happened without so much oil.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-06-08 6:08 AM
I love roasted veggies, but rarely take the time to roast them.  Of the meals you ordered, do you see yourself attempting to make any of them again on your own?  I think that might be a real value to me, to get me to make new different meals.  We get in a meal rut pretty easy and I end up making the same things over and over every week.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-08 9:22 AM
We were limited on the menus since M can't have chicken, so we got the only 3 non poultry (well and non vegetarian) meals so it was meatball sandwiches w/ lemony zucchini, steak over rice w/ peppers and onions, and meatloaf with roasted carrots/potatoes. I think it will entice me to do more roasted veggies but not sure about the rest. We do steak some, and steak over rice was decent, but I'd probably skip the rice in favor of a different side. I think if I could have done some chicken dishes it would have had more inspiration
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-08 5:24 PM
What is this race you speak of?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-08 7:54 PM
Just a local 5k
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-06-08 6:17 AM
*It's been a long week.  All my every other week and once a month clients magically lined up this week.  :cry:

*I might have a new client coming.  The lawn guy at my job yesterday asked for my card.  I should see if we could trade services, he was really working some magic there and I hate and suck at yard work.  :grin::laugh:

*The new meds are a big fat fail.  I'm pretty miserable on them.  To the point that I'd really like to quit them and go back to the previous ones. The previous meds also didn't work, but they kept me from feeling this bad at least.  Makes me wonder how bad I'd be without any PPI right now.  

*Anthony gets to travel to Houston this weekend for work.  He was pretty pumped up.  2 work trips in 2 weeks.  Seems like they are grooming him as the poster child of this batch of new hires.  Of course, he's also working 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, so he's earning it. 

*It's really overcast, I think we are in for storms too Kelly.  I just hope not in the next hour, I'd love to squeeze a quick run in before work.

*Marie is working as a CNA at a nursing home this summer.  She has been surprised by how much she likes it.  Earlier this week she came home and announced:  "I like old people, who knew?"  :laugh::laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-08 9:24 AM
I like the idea of a job trade!

Hope the rain holds off for you. I think our rain will all be late afternoon/evening.

LOL On "I like old people".  That job sounds terrible to me :blush:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Freakin' Hot Friday RTTs