Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday 6/6
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-06 6:47 AM
What's up party people? Welcome to the Wednesday edition of the Masters Forum.

speak.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-06 6:49 AM
sit. stay. rollover. 

Whatever.

Beeyoutiful day in NW Illinois.  50 something degrees.   Dog is walked.  Going for a run.  The bridges I think.  Mowing the yard after that.  Salmon on the grill after that.   90 degrees by late afternoon and for the next 3 days.:sad:
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-06 7:00 AM
Howdy folks.

Whew. Got the Graduation done! Didn't plan a run yesterday since I knew time would be in short supply. Got to our seats at the arena for the ceremony and realized I had left the SLR out in the car -Doh! So, put me down for about a 0.5 mile run that also included stair climbing.

Rebecca and her friend Carolann (Another senior) had been singing the National Anthem at football games and other events for the last couple of years. So, they got to sing the National Anthem at the Graduation.

Not sure what workout I will do today. Kinda tired since I only got about 5 1/2 hours of sleep last night.

Mark.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-06 7:09 AM
Congrats to Rebecca and your whole family!  I enjoyed the FB pictures.  She's a beautiful young lady.:hug:
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-06 8:23 AM
Thank you, Dawn.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-06 8:05 AM
Congratulations to Rebecca.

Did any of the football players take a knee for the National Anthem?
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-06 8:19 AM
:laugh: - Most don't have anything they care enough about to protest. Unless they were doing it just to make a spectacle of themselves. But they would have to work hard to do worse than some of the parents in the crowd. :roll:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-06 8:32 AM
Congratulations to Rebecca and the Markh family!
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-06 8:45 AM
Thank you, Marilyn.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-06-06 10:03 AM
Congratulation to Rebecca!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-06 8:15 AM
Went to the gym today. First time in a couple weeks because of vacation and stuff. 2 miles on the treadmill and then weights.

Headed to the dentist in a few minutes for the first of two fillings. Been 20+ years since I had dental work done.  I have phobias about stuff like this and I have been doing pretty good about suppressing my anxiety, but my subconscious is on high alert. My left eye started twitching this morning.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-06 8:23 AM
Now I have a mental image of Chief Inspector Dreyfus. :laugh:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-06 10:16 AM
Survived the dentist.  Broke out in a little sweat after the Novocaine was injected, but I recovered and remained conscious during the drilling.  Actually had 2 cavities filled on the upper right side. Next  Wednesday I get 1 filled on the lower right.  Apparently they don't like to numb both sides of your mouth in one visit.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-06 8:33 AM
Good morning!

My morning walk is done and I desperately need a shower.  Nothing much planned for today.  My laptop is going in this afternoon and hopefully the fix is something inexpensive.

Enjoy the day.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-06 8:42 AM
I've been waiting for the laptop report.   Hope its an easy fix.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-06 1:04 PM
The tech thinks it may be the hard drive. They are going to run
tests and install a new hard drive.  $49 for service call and the hard drive will run about $49 also. So if I can get by for $100 more or less, I’ll be happy.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-06-06 10:10 AM
It was another weather-fantastic morning!   Got in 8 miles of running on an out n back rural road.  A big hill to climb, but a nice view at the top.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-06-06 10:25 AM
8.07 miles this morning. Still great weather here for running.

Today is:
D-Day anniversary
Global Running Day
National bikini Day
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-06 10:29 AM
And how are you celebrating?
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-06 10:40 AM
He is probably ran shirtless in the skimpiest shorts!: pbbt:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-06-06 11:12 AM
you know me well. short shorts and no shirt
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-06 10:40 AM
Quick question -- on google is there a template to create a neighborhood directory?  I looked and didn't find what I was looking for but thought perhaps I am just not too familiar with the Google docs.

Thank you.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-07 5:53 AM
I assume you mean like a phone/email directory?

I would think there should be such a thing, but I haven't looked.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-07 4:30 AM
Happy Global Running Day!!!

I ran the first trail run of the series last night (Wednesday). I thought it was going to be much easier than it was. :shocker!: There was a rep from Salomon there when I walked up to his booth he said "oh good I see you have trail shoes." :shocker!::wtf: The description said non technical trail, trail shoes not necessary. Again you could run in their shoes. Is this a new thing? Or is it a trail thing? He said I hate when I see people in road running shoes--scares me... again :shocker!:

So anyway it started out pretty easy on grass (it's a ski area) then though some easy light trails. In the fall they have a Halloween adventure thing here one is a walk thorough the woods and creatures come up to you. And a hay ride with horror like events along the way. So I kind of knew the path, but it's always dark and never knew the condition of the path. :shocker!: It was kind of overcast so going from the grass open area to the woods was quite a transition. I was surprised how dark it was in the thicker wooded areas. Lots of roots and rocks and holes. But it was fun. The last section through the woods ends with a hill (of course) and loose dirt and roots and rocks and big holes. :shocker!: But the stretch to the finish you can pick it up a little, grass and dirt. A fun night. A wee bit tough, but I'm just getting into shape so maybe not.

We have a friend that performs at the Tiki Bar (it's an outside Tiki bar restaurant thing local hang out) where it is held, so I went and said hello to him before I ran. He said to me and everyone there "so good to see you getting stronger" :blush:. Then after the race there wasn't any runner food I'd eat, so we ate at the restaurant there. The new band on the stage asked how I did. I said "Not bad I guess." He said (again to everyone at the bar) "I heard you did great!" I looked over at our friend he just smiled. :blush::blush::hug:

Finished in 35:00 exactly. I've never done that before finished right on the dot. Really fun time.

Good global running day and it would have been my pop's 88th birthday.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-07 5:49 AM
:happy::happy::happy:
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-07 5:52 AM
35 min in a trail 5K? I agree with your friend. Nice job, Deb!

I think I would take the shoe vendor's worries with a grain of salt. He wants to sell shoes. :roll:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-08 9:48 AM
That's what Chris said too.

Thanks!!! :hug:
- - By Ron274 [us] Date 2018-06-06 7:48 PM
Packing up for Friday trek up to Philadelphia. Two days of driving.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-07 5:52 AM
Safe Driving. Wave as you pass through DE.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday 6/6