Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Wednesday dailies - fill in the blank edition
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-06-06 4:58 AM
5._ miles for me.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-06 6:32 AM
I will guess 5.Tim miles for you this morning.

Last night 6 for me and the Lady out on the trails at Coventry Woods. Started off dry, then rain came, then it paused, then it rained some more, then there was some thunder, maybe saw one flash of lightening but I was in deep dark woods so it could have been my eyes playing tricks on me, then a bit of wind, heavier rain, and I thought about cutting it short, but no headed out on the orange loop, and the wind and rain lessened for a few minutes then the rain and thunder picked up again but by then we were on the homestretch down the hill. In other words, caught out running in mild little spring thunder boomer.

Today, cool right now. I think I will run solo on the local trail at lunch and try a bit of tempo.

Oh, and it's been 3 days since I've mown the yard so I need to do that again tonight.
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2018-06-06 7:11 AM
3 days :wtf:  is your grass on steroids?
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-06 7:53 AM
Yes. I thought I might make it 4 days until yesterday's rain. I prefer mulch mowing and if I wait another day it will mean shooting the grass clippings. My yards is too big to use the bag attachment.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-06 7:26 AM
Well if you heard thunder there was definitely lightning. :shocker!: Sounds like a fun run though!

5.Tim miles :laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-06 7:54 AM
Yeah, I get that about the lightning I was just not seeing any flashes. Distant cloud to cloud lightning I suspect.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-06 8:46 AM
I can see why you considered cutting it short. I would keep going if I had some specific mileage goal but otherwise, I'd be ready to wrap things with wind, heavier rain, thunder and lightening.  That just sounds downright miserable.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-06 3:03 PM
The rain sounds cool in our woods, as the trees and foliage are so thick. It can make quite a racket. It's enchanting really, plus you don't get as drenched as if you were out in the open. So it was sort of nice, not miserable, though the thunder did give me a bit of adrenaline speed because you can't really tell when you are in the woods what the storm looks like or where it is coming from/going to.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-06 3:21 PM
I'm probably (inaccurately)  projecting my run a couple weeks ago on to your experience. I got in 3 miles before the storm hit and then it just never let up with little to no protection from the elements.  What you are describing sounds much better.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-06-07 7:48 AM
May 27 Run

Honeysuckle leaning into every winding path
Rain falls
A million drops dancing on the lake
What a party!
Others rush to join the river
Who knows where they will go
As for me..
I am soaked to the bone
I observe the shiny stones
Take note that the birds seem quiet
There is a turtle crushed in the road
Tears well up
Three songs with the word dream
The dream trilogy
And what is it about the sound of the rain
Softly drumming on the green canopy
That makes me want to sleep
Even as I move through the wet forest..
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-06-06 11:29 AM
One of the few benefits of having kids is you can make them mow the lawn.  I am sure there are more benefits, but I can't think of them at the moment.
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-06 11:55 AM
Thunder always makes me nervous!
Enjoy your lunch run! :grin:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-06 3:05 PM
Nervous = Adrenaline = Less Slogging!!

Lunch run was nice. I sweated on a cool day and ran more briskly than usual. I am weird. I like to sweat.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-06 3:58 PM
Come run with me then. My husband patted my booty on Tuesday and asked If i peed myself :wtf::laugh:
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-06-06 7:24 AM
Add roughly 20 miles bike commuting to work and to a couple of meetings in other buildings to the above.
Parent - By george [us] Date 2018-06-06 12:44 PM
I heard a rumor that today is global running day, so I took yoga instead.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-06-06 5:00 PM
5.0 for me along the river today in a cool mist.  :happy: Actually, it was more like 5.1 or 5.2 but I still always round to the nearest half mile except for races. Yeah, part of me is stuck outside the digital age. :blush:
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-06-06 7:14 AM
Taught spin class.  Did hip & shoulder exercises afterwards. 

Apparently last night's storm knocked out the lights in the pool area at the gym.  So, it was closed when I arrived but opened when my class was over since the natural light after sunrise is sufficient to illuminate things.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-06 8:47 AM
You would think an indoor pool would be pretty much a sure thing.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-06 11:56 AM
:grin::grin:
Last week's storm fried our routers. Good times.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-06-06 1:43 PM
A room with natural light is so much nicer than the dark room I have envisioned your classes to be in.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-06-06 2:26 PM
Sorry blazer, I meant the pool area has natural light--->see here

The cycling room has no natural light but it's not really dark.  Here's with all the lights on 

I have a version of this one with the lights dimmed but can't find it online to link to.
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-06 8:02 AM
I am feeling _________ today since I'm on day 2 of a migraine. Hint: :cry:

Today's workout will be 9 miles on the bike to nowhere after work. I am in the midst of a bad insomnia cycle, so I was up with the birds at 4:30 but due to said migraine I didn't feel like biking. So I snuggled with the DH and cats till 5:30, then got up, made our breakfasts, lunches, and put dinner in the crockpot: a whole chicken seasoned with a bunch of spices plus onions, potatoes, and carrots.  I felt so accomplished! Then I got ready for work and got here early. Insomnia is so rewarding sometimes! : pbbt:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-06 8:49 AM
At least you were productive. I think migraines kind of put you on heightened alert.  One minute I feel like curling into a ball. The next I am reorganizing my kitchen drawers.  Hope you get some relief.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-06 11:40 AM
Sorry about your migraine!
Insomnia does stink but wow you were productive!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-06-06 1:43 PM
Dinner sounds good.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-06 3:06 PM
Sorry about the migraine and insomnia but you made the best of the morning.
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-06 8:39 AM
.2 ? Am I right?

35 min spin
10 min EMOM 10 burpees. Ugh. That was fun. :meh:
2 min plank
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-06 8:50 AM Edited 2018-06-06 8:56 AM
You just mixed it all up today.  Are you trying to get away from being too predictable?
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-06 8:51 AM
Yep. : pbbt:

One of my girlfriends told me about the EMOM so of course I had to do it. :mischief:
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-06-06 9:41 AM
.1! Slightly different route today. You get an F-!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-06 10:47 AM
EMOM? :wtf:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-06 11:41 AM
every minute on the minute for 10 min you do 10 burpees :)

If you do them quick enough, you get some rest time. Total = 100
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-06 12:11 PM
:shocker!: That's impressive! I would die. :laugh:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-06-06 12:55 PM
That is a great workout!  We haven't done that in a long time and I have no intention of reminder Jerome (my trainer) of it!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-06 2:24 PM
:laugh::mischief:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-06 3:09 PM
Now that you've explained the EMOM, it sounds very hard.
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-06 8:54 AM
I am off work trying to "get stuff done". 

Hopefully, that will happen.

I have not done much exercise wise in the past 2 days. After my initial shakeout run following my 1/2, I have been relatively flat and tired.  Last night, I managed a few halfhearted weights at the gym, but tonight I will go somewhere and run. I have 3 options due to International Running Day. I may go to the one farthest away so that I can run a different route with some different people. (This is my idea of excitement these days.)  I wouldn't be able to do that if I was working so might as well take advantage. Hopefully 5-6 will get done.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-06 10:48 AM
Hope you are getting stuff done today!

Running a different route with different people sounds pretty exciting to me.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-06 11:42 AM
Sounds like fun!! :cool:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-06-06 1:45 PM
The "stuff" I tend to get done on a day off of work, is often sitting on the couch and reading.  That needs to get done sometimes as well.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-06 3:23 PM
I did take a nap break. :blush:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-06 3:10 PM
Have a nice run tonight and congratulations on your half this weekend!  :happy:
- - By Tim [us] Date 2018-06-06 10:27 AM
5.:roll: miles
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-06 10:48 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-06-06 1:07 PM
:laugh:
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-06-06 1:07 PM
8 miles, though it had the potential to be 8.__, but once I hit 8 exactly, I saw blazerman walking the dogs about 100 yards in front of me, so I stopped.  The dogs got so excited to me....blazerman much less so.:roll:  Will go to boxing tonight.

A few days ago, I made something called "pumpkin breakfast cookies" from a random recipe I found online.  Of course, I added some mini chocolate chips as it is stupid not to.  They turned out DELICIOUS!  They are the perfect SHOVE IN YOUR MOUTH before an early morning run and SHOVE IN YOUR MOUTH after work before you head to boxing class snack.  We have eaten nearly all of them (I think it made about 20 small cookies) so I want to make more to keep in the freezer.  OF COURSE, I can't find the exact recipe again.:roll:  This used oats, pumpkin, one egg, pumpkin pie spice, coconut oil and small amount of maple syrup.  Almost all the recipes which come up on google are vegan, so they have no egg, so I know they are not the exact same one.  I am usually not this picky, but these are fabulous and both blazergirl and I love them.  Since I THINK I can recall most of the measurements, she and I will try to recreate them tonight.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-06-06 2:25 PM
Nice run!
Those cookies sound really good! Good luck!!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-06-06 3:11 PM
No treats for blazerman... just the happy dogs.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-06-06 3:45 PM
Please post the recipe if you are able to recreate it. That sounds yummy!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-06-07 7:55 AM
did you check your browser history? sometimes you get lucky that way. but those sound tasty!
- By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-06-07 8:18 AM
3.11 miles w/ benji for me. took the day off work yesterday as mrbarney had meetings downtown, so I had to schlep the youngest to swim practice and then my mom to appts, etc. so I started my run at 7am and the sun was shining - that was terrible. we got it done, but it felt awful and I will try not to make that mistake again (in summer in Texas - well, late spring for the next few days)
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Wednesday dailies - fill in the blank edition