Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Testing one, two, three Tuesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-05 6:07 AM
Good morning!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-05 6:17 AM
--Survived the first day as an employee. :grin: Worked from 9-3 (8:--3:45 counting my drive time), did one massage and then when to the county meeting from 7-8:45 p.m. Of course that had to fall on my first day. Oh well. I’m glad I went.

--This job is going to be perfect. I pretty much set my own schedule so if I have things to do I can schedule around those without having to take personal time. Very casual environment. When someone asked about a dress code the gal looked kind of funny and said “I don’t think we really have a dress code”. :cool: They don’t mind shorts as long as they’re to the knee, jeans are fine, etc. We’re going to be getting 4-5 shirts so when we go on a teaching assignment we’ll wear those.

--I’ll be working at the 4-H camp at Roaring River two days next week and one the following week and then I’ll have one day at a Farmer’s Market. :happy: I can’t believe I'm getting paid for this stuff. :cool:

--There is going to be quite a bit of driving but that’s just part of the job. I am compensated for mileage and my drive time is counted toward my 40 hours so it’s a fair enough arrangement.

--Willow made it to Spain. Texted my sister when she got off the plane and said she couldn’t find the other members of the exchange organization and that there was nothing at the airport, not even bathrooms. She finally found the group. I guess things are going okay so far.

--I drive to KC Sunday to pick up Violet. I’m doing a lot of driving. :meh: I think my mom and I may go to IKEA while we’re up there. :happy:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-05 6:31 AM
wow that does sound like the perfect job for you.

Glad Willow made it. Even though she's traveled a lot I bet it would be a bit nerve wracking in another country. Does she speak spanish?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-05 6:37 AM
She has had 3 years of Spanish. That isn’t much when you’re submerged into a Spanish speaking country though. She goes to a intense language school from 9-1 every day.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-05 6:42 AM
:cool:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-05 6:49 AM
Spain! YAY. Lovely country. Love the language. Love the people.

Sounds like the perfect job for you!:cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-05 7:17 AM
Had our 2nd Hello Fresh meal last night. We cut some corners on this one so we didn't have 17 different pots/pans in use. It was steak over rice with a cream sauce and then onions and poblano peppers on the side. We skipped the onions/peppers though because neither of us likes onions and it seemed weird to just have the poblano. One more meal left - it is a meatloaf. Not sure if that will be today or tomorrow.

My cold is better today but I am losing my voice. I have a feeling it will be gone tomorrow.

Our CEO's HS daughter (going to be a sophomore I think) is interning at the company this summer. It is going to be interesting since she sits right behind me and I feel like you have to watch what your saying even just in side comments. Not that I make a bunch of loud comments but still. I also feel like a certain amount of ass kissing is taking place bc no one wants a bad report!

My iced coffee is tasting super watered down lately. Not sure what is up, it is the same stuff as always.

Made some good progress on work yesterday so let's hope today goes the same.

Picked up some diapers someone was selling on FB Marketplace this morning. It is a kind I really like for overnights but am not willing to pay store prices. Score!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-06-05 10:54 AM
Maybe your coffee is more watered down because it's been hot lately so more of the ice is melting?  :wtf:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-05 11:41 AM
Good call! Duh :blush:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Testing one, two, three Tuesday RTTs