Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Cool Tuesday dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-06-05 5:41 AM
Really nice this morning. :happy:
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-06-05 5:43 AM
Monday was a 40 minute cardio dvd. I wanted to spare the toe since it was a little tender on top from wearing the older pair of running shoes. I can do the dvd barefoot. In fact, it’s been a good thing to try because the sense of balance is definitely different.
This is a great morning to go out. I’ll be off soon.
Happy runs, All!  :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-06-05 7:03 AM
Giving your toe a rest from shoes sounds like it was a good plan. :happy:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-05 7:40 AM
It is smart to rest your toe.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-06-05 7:00 AM
It was 60* her this morning, which is strangely cool for June here.  It's a one-day thing, but at least it felt a bit nicer out this morning.  It didn't seem to help my speed, though.  For some reason my average pace over the past couple of weeks has been really slow, even when I'm feeling more or less ok.  I had an awful run on Sunday.  It was my slowest long run ever, by a lot.  WTF? :wtf:  Although the weather has been generally nasty, it's nasty every summer.  I can't pinpoint anything that has really changed at all that should suddenly cause me to run really slowly.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-05 7:39 AM
OMG, I feel you annoyance wth pace!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-05 12:34 PM
Glad you had good temps for this morning! :happy:
Slow days are often because of humidity...just too hard to breathe. :meh:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-05 7:38 AM
I have been running every other day. Yesterday I ran 2 miles. Saturday I used my gps and was so disappointed with my pace. I could probably walk faster. It has really bummed me out. Yesterday I stopped at the beginning of my run and almost turned around. I'm not ready to give up running, but I feel so frustrated. Just figured I would vent here because you would all understand. I think I will keep my runs short for now and run longer on the weekend, until my pace improves. Hopefully it will. I'm trying to cut down on the prednisone, which makes me ache, so I'm struggling in general. I'm not expecting to be fast, but I'd like to run at least faster than I am at right now.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-06-05 8:06 AM
I definitely understand.  If only we lived closer to one another, we could run together while we bitch and moan about how slow we are. :laugh:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-06-05 12:40 PM
Remember that you are running. That is the important thing. I give you a LOT of credit! :hug::hug:
Faster doesn't happen to me, and I tend to feel the same way about feeling slow. Hotter weather doesn't help, for sure.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-05 5:35 PM
Thank you! You inspire me.:hug:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-06-05 12:59 PM
We understand completely.

Would it be easier maybe to go by time rather than distance? Don't use your GPS, rather run out for a certain time then come back. I do that a lot when traveling, it's easier to run out for 15 or 20 minutes then turn around than it is to try to map a distance in advance.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-05 5:34 PM
I usually do not worry about time and leave the GPS at home, but I was trying to see my distance. I just have to get it out of my head.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-06-05 1:00 PM
Cooler here today than yesterday, but we know the heat is coming.

5 miles with RN yesterday afternoon. Started out in 89 degrees and it was considerably cooler by the time we got back.

3.2 this morning.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-06-05 5:36 PM
Nice job!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-05 6:45 PM
Excellent work on your runs. :happy:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Cool Tuesday dailies