Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Mighty Muffin Monday RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-04 5:37 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-04 5:50 AM
Back at work. Pile of mail. Pile of emails.

Allergies now that I'm back in Atlanta. Hurts to swallow and/or feels like a sinus infection. Who knows. : pbbt:

Our vacation was excellent. As usual.
Sat - arrive, dinner party with family, an hour at the beach with the storm coming in. Water was officially closed but they played in it up to their knees. The beach was basically gone with the water so high.
Sun - Storming started at 4am, off and on throughout the day. Officially told to evacuate. Officially didn't.:laugh: One of our aunts is newly retired from the Florida FEMA and she said we could stay and she lives there so.....we stayed. SO GLAD we DID!
Mon - Supposed to be storms all day. Nada. The beach was nonexistent and the water was brown. But we were in the water up to our knees and had a blast. Well the kids did. All the parents created a perimeter so no one got washed away:laugh:
Tues - Gorgeous. Back to our normal schedule. Swimming at beach, pool, lunch, nap, beach, gym, movie, bed
Wed - Water clears - and normal schedule
Thursday - Water crystal clear and the dolphins return, heaven. Normal schedule
Friday - More dolphins, normal schedule
Sat - came home:cry:

I think all the kids put about 100 hours on our ipads over the week. Four kids, four diff tablets, but still. One charger died an honorable death:laugh:

My new phone delivered on Wednesday - iPhone 8 plus, gold. It is gorgeous. And huge. My hand isn't big enough:laugh: I love it! Don't regret a dollar of the cost:cool:

Trying to avoid all dairy and gluten now. Mainly because of my pcos symptoms. I'd like my hair to stop falling out and/or growing in weird places. This morning I'm trying my first Mighty Muffin with probiotics - Peanut butter and DAMN! It is yummy! It is like cake!:cool: But I could use some milk to help it down, especially since my throat is sore.:laugh:

Turns out my creamer is dairy-free. :grin: Still has sugar though.

Got about 10 miles in last week with the treadmill at the gym. And a ton of core exercises.

Holy awesomeness - this muffin has peanut butter chips in it!:hug::hug::hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-04 6:24 AM
I understand your excitement with the new phone. My transition from the 4s to the 7 was amazing. :grin:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-04 6:27 AM
Yeah, 5c to 8 plus - Huge difference!:cool:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-04 8:28 AM
sounds like a great trip despite the storm! I'm jealous of the dolphin sightings

The iphone Plus does seem way too big to hang onto
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-06-04 6:35 AM
--First day at the new job. :shocker!::grin::cool:

--Working all day, stopping by the office after work to do a massage and then the monthly, or maybe it’s quarterly, meeting for one of the counties I’m responsible for is having its meeting so I guess I’ll be going to that. Wouldn’t be the first 12 hour day I’ve worked in my life.

--We have so many different birds hanging out at our feeders, bird bath and the houses. Martins, bluejays, cardinals, purple finch, bluebirds, goldfinch, etc. It’s cool learning what they all are. :happy:

--Worked our tail ends off this weekend. We got all the tomatoes mulched, the cucumbers staked, much of the garden weeded and all the cabbage that was ready (I’d estimate about 80 pounds worth) picked, washed and the plants pulled out of the ground. I took that to my mom and she is going to get started on kraut. :grin:

--Sold my massage chair. Not to a massage therapist but to a guy who is having retina surgery and is going to have to keep his head down for 2-6 weeks. This was less expensive for him than renting one. Good deal for me. Local massage therapist had messaged me last week about it but I never heard back. Come to think of it I think she was simply being nosy on behalf of LeAnn #1. They’re working together now. Whatever.

--Did a lot of weed eating this weekend. :cry: I did pick up four 5 gallon buckets of rocks around the kennel, bird feeders, etc. so now i should be able to mow that with the push mower instead of weed eating. Freaking rocks.

--Iowa made a comment the other day about our bluebird that’s continuously pecking at the windows being on crack. Rather appropriate that it’s Missouri’s state bird. :laugh::roll:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-04 6:48 AM
Crack state bird:shocker!:

Good luck today!:cool:

You make me almost want to do yard work......Almost:blush:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-04 8:30 AM
good luck on your first day!

The massage chair thing made me laugh for some reason, but I guess that makes sense for his surgery
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-04 8:34 AM
I have a cold, blah. Sore throat for the last week and it turned into a full blown cold yesterday. At least I can take Sudafed now which helps a ton

B had his 18 month check up today. I've never seen him sit so still, I was impressed. The Dr. was too

Had a bad migraine Friday. I actually left work early to take my meds and lay down. That was also the day I'd been up since 2:15am so it was the perfect storm. Thankfully it went away and I was able to go hang out with friends that night. I'm so grateful to have friends that are willing to work around me needing to put B down before I can hang out. I left my friend's house at 10 and wished I could have stayed longer but I need to get some sleep finally.

Need to really get on the work this week since I'm off most of next week. I have to do a Medicare presentation on Wednesday but I'm hoping my boss will do it. It is at her old job and she usually likes going back so if she is planning to go I'm just going to have her do it so I can take the day off.

Started Hello Fresh meals (the home delivery stuff) Saturday because I got a free 3 meal trial. First meal was ok but it definitely is a lot more involved cooking than we usually do. Have 2 more to make this week. I'm not going to continue it because it is too expensive but nice to try it out.
Parent - - By elmtree Date 2018-06-04 9:22 AM
I saw your post on Friday re: cleaning your rings.  I have a diamond ring that I inherited, and the back is open so it gets pretty grubby.  To clean it, I put a few drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid in a glass of lukewarm water.  Let it sit in there for a couple of hours, then use an old toothbrush to gently wipe off any gunk.  Rinse well and let dry before putting it back on.  Voila!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-04 10:01 AM
good to know, thanks!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-04 12:12 PM
Wondered about Hello Fresh meals but another friend of mine said the same thing about the cooking and time. It definitely didn't save her any time.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-04 12:18 PM
we are convenience cooks not from scratch. They meals say 30-40 minutes (15 min of prep and the rest is cooking time) but ours was way longer than 15 min. I'm sure if you get used to it it is faster but idk.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-06-04 1:22 PM
It would be worth the money if it was delivered ready to eat. THAT I would pay extra for!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-06-04 1:24 PM
exactly!
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Mighty Muffin Monday RTTs