Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday Sneaked In Dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-06-04 5:11 AM
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-06-04 5:11 AM
Friday I did 70 minutes out the trail with a runner friend of mine. It was fun to talk with her again.
Saturday was SDO.
Sunday Buddy did not appear so I went out and did 45 minutes. Two bunnies, lots of birds and the same young deer that I have been seeing. She was over on the other side of the lake. DC and I did a short hike in the afternoon. I tried wearing my recycled running shoes for the hike and the rest of the afternoon but toe is feeling bruised. :sad: One pot of wax beans planted and out on the balcony. I hope to do 2 more.
Today I’ll try a short run out the trail. Temp has dropped down to 60°F. It will feel good to be cooler today.

Happy runs, All!  :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-04 5:44 AM
I admire the way you have so many friends! You are a pretty consistent runner too.:wink:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-04 5:52 AM
I had a pretty good weekend of running. I did my nemesis race, Hospital Hill and didn't die. There were all sorts of dire predictions about a heatwave and then thunderstorms so I had pretty much scrapped my original goal of finally getting my race time under 2:10 (this race is so hot and hilly that it is way slower than any other 1/2 I've done).  Fortunately, there ws a 30 minute delay so the thunderstorm was allowed to pass and it cooled off a little. I managed 2:05:35 which is my best time ever for this particular race. :cool: I did train smart and hydrate like rice field. : pbbt: In my race pictures I look like I am suffering greatly with a big smile at the end so I know I gave it quite a bit. :laugh:

I think if I am willing to increase my mileage a little before the race next year, I might even be able to get under 2:00:mischief:

Sunday I did a very slow recovery walk/jog and then walked both dogs.
Parent - By BoredTemp Date 2018-06-04 8:05 AM
congrats!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-04 8:12 AM
Excellent work on the race! All the weather stuff really adds to the mental stress.
Ahhhh! Planning next year's race already. :grin:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-06-04 8:30 AM
Congratulations on the PR! Nice work. Especially with the heat and hills.
- - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-06-04 8:33 AM
3.2 this morning. RN is back to swimming a couple of times a week so we will run on the days she does not swim.

I did manage 12 on Saturday. Hauling up one hill I noticed two people walking and pushing bikes a bit ahead of me. I caught up to them and passed them -- one was pushing a bike with a completely flat back tire, the other had apparently stayed with his friend out of sympathy. Once I crested the hill I head them behind me -- the guy with the intact bike was riding slowly, Flat Guy was running and pushing his bike.

I bet that is the last time they go out for a ride without tools and the necessary bits to fix a tire. Hah. One thing runners do not need to worry about!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-06-04 3:07 PM
Great work on the 3.2. :grin: Many times I have thought about the potential problems with bikes. It would be awful to be stranded 'way out someplace.
:sad:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-06-04 7:18 PM
That's what I like about running. Not a lot of equipment required.  No body likes to get passed but sometimes you just have to accept when you are beat.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday Sneaked In Dailies