Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Super Soaker Sunday 3-Jun-2018
- - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-03 5:20 AM
Flood warnings in Upper DE and 20 degrees cooler.  I know TX could use some of this rain. I would be happy to lend them some.

Post what you got.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-03 5:26 AM
I have decided to take a rest day after the "Long" run yesterday. The 5 miles I did was  post-cancer distance record. I might try to get a short walk in to help the legs recover. But the weather might not cooperate.

I pulled the trigger and registered for a 5K at the end of the month. Its been about 4 years since I've done a race.

Everyone survived the school musical and that is now behind us. Next up is graduation on Tues.

Mark.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-03 2:06 PM
I pulled the trigger and registered for a 5K at the end of the month That is awesome Mark!!! The very best of luck. I'm sure you will be excellent. I can't wait to hear about it!!!
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-03 3:26 PM
Thanks, Deb. I thought it was time for a benchmark so I could start planning actual tempo runs, etc with paces that had basis with my actual fitness level.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-03 10:26 AM
Hi Mark and Masters.   Sorry you have rainy weather.  Plenty of sunshine here for everyone and the way the wind is blowing it should reach you soon!  I estimate the gusts over 40mph; the lawn chair moved an inch or two and I was in it:shocker!:

I am so glad I ran yesterday; it would be discouraging today with the wind.  My run was slow as slow can be but I enjoyed it.  Nice temps, good quiet road, a route I hadn't done yet this year.

That's all I've got.  Just a typical summer ish day in NW Illinois.:happy:
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-03 2:26 PM
the lawn chair moved an inch or two and I was in it

Then you obviously need to eat another cheeseburger or two.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-03 11:35 AM
Good afternoon!

Nothing much to report from here.  Story is the same; heat and no rain in sight.  I sure wish Mark H could send us some. 

I went to Mass and then thought it was my day to work the Alpha registration table.  Nope, it's next week.  Oh well, I had a chance to talk to some friends that I have not seen in a long time.

Enjoy your Sunday.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-03 3:24 PM
As it turns out, we didn't get much at all. :wtf: Apparently, they are as bad at rain totals as snow totals.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-03 2:47 PM
Up at 5:15. No time for a run and it was raining anyway.

Picked up the wedding photographer, took him to the Detroit airport, and then continued on home. 9.3 hours from the time we left the motel we made it home.

I unpacked, started some laundry, took care of the cat, and made a beer run.

Now I am drinking beer and watching TV.  Checked my work email too. Not too bad after being gone for the week.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-03 3:22 PM
What are you drinking? I just finished my last Leinie Summer Shandy.

Mark.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-03 3:38 PM
My friend who does mission work in Haiti gave me some beer he brought back with him on his last trip called Prestige but it got warm on the trip home so I bought some Sierra Nevada Nooner Pilsner.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prestige_(beer)
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-03 3:50 PM
I had a really interesting regional beer recently - Milk Stout
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-03 3:29 PM
"beer run" - has a nice ring to it.:happy:
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-03 3:42 PM
Garth Brooks thinks so too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CMKQ28Qz7o
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Super Soaker Sunday 3-Jun-2018