Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday June 2
- - By DottieO Date 2018-06-02 1:42 AM
I’ve not posted in a while, even though classes are over I’m still working on my clinical hours and all the paperwork that I need to write up and pass in.  Family practice is so fun!  I can’t imagine wanting to do anything else!  I’ve cut down my work hours which is great for my school schedule but losing 30% of my pay was painful :cry:

I’m running 2-4 days a week and gardening quite a bit. I need to fit in more bike time so 15 miles doesn’t kill me in the Tri. There is a paved trail where I bike and I can get in a lot of miles without being on the road. :happy:

The weather is finally spring-like in Maine all the time now.

Today I’ll sleep a bit when I get off work and then run.

:grin:
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-02 4:48 AM
Good to "see" you, Dottie! Sounds like you are working the plan!

Rebecca and the rest of the cast did an awesome job on opening night.

I'm tanking up with breakfast and coffee and then I'll go for a run. After that, I will need to get the shopping done.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-02 5:31 AM
I enjoyed the facebook pictures.:happy:
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-02 1:39 PM
I tried to take some when Belle and the Beast are dancing, but none came out well.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-02 7:12 AM
Did not make the show last night.  Really hoping to go tonight.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-02 1:43 PM
5.08 miles this morning. Not the original plan - I took a wrong turn on a new trail - but I ran every step. The tank was definitely empty by the time I got back to the front porch.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-02 5:07 AM
A fabulous 50° this morning so I ran 3 miles.

Then a couple of us drove the wedding photographer into town, which was right by Cops & Donuts, so more good coffee and another donut. In 2009 a bakery in Clare Michigan was going out of business and 9 police officers bought it.

Time for a shower and then a Saturday morning wedding. Cindy is helping so she has to be at the church early. I'll bring something to read.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-02 5:31 AM
Yay, you got your donuts!  And yes, the morning temp is fabulous!!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-02 7:15 AM
Just happened to take the photographer right by Cops and Donuts.  :laugh:  Glad he needed a lift.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-02 5:34 AM
Hi Dottie, Love your update.

After a week of highs in the 90's with awful humidity and bugs, a cold front blew through around 6pm yesterday.  We had a glass of wine on the patio and I even wore a jacket.

After my coffee works it's magic I'll go for a run and then get after the garden weeds.  I feel like I've been held prisoner by the heat and the weeds carried on without me.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-02 7:17 AM
We sat on the patio and lifted a glass of wine as the cold front pushed overhead.  What wine goes with cold fronts?   Anything chilled.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-02 5:44 AM
Go ahead and rub it it -- talking about all those cool temperatures!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-06-02 6:32 AM
Your post is full of good, Dottie!  Glad you posted.

This morning I got up earlly, ate a small bowl of cereal, had a cup of coffee, read a few Bible chapters, then ran 13 miles.  I didn't encounter much traffic on rural roads on Saturday morning.  Peaceful and quiet.

We are going to a high school graduation celebration this afternoon.  Other than that, I'll do some reading, maybe outside if it's not too hot.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-02 7:19 AM
Your post is full of good, Moose!  Glad you posted. :grin:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-02 7:28 AM
Thank yo Dottie.  Ditto Mike's post.

The run today was really lame.  A 2 or 3 out of 10.  Poor strength and stamina.  Can't blame it all on humidity.  Maybe too much Duck Donut day.  I had a Peanutbutter Paradise.  It was disappointing because it was way too hot and gooey.  Got results on my brain scan and they did not find anything. :wtf:  Doc had thought maybe another mini stroke. 

Pretrip list keeps growing.  Somehow we will get away Monday.

Tom in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-02 7:37 AM
how can something called Peanut Butter Paradise be disappointing?
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-02 10:47 AM
Surprised me too.  It was all too gooey.  The donut way too soft.  I prefer a firm cake donut.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-02 9:57 AM
PW done as are the pushups and plank.  Now I need to shower and run errands before the heat really gets miserable.

Enjoy your Saturday!
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-06-02 1:58 PM
I ran an easy 2.5 - 3 miles but it was interrupted a few times stopping to chat with a few islanders I hadn’t seen since last fall. It’s just gorgeous and still pretty quiet here.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-06-03 4:40 AM
Hi Dottie!!! :hug::hug:

Saturday was a full day for me. The owner of the yoga studio I go to opened another studio and it was the grand opening. A little further than I like to travel, but I wanted to support her since she has been so wonderful to me. Was an amazing Yin yoga class. The teacher was awesome. WOW!! I just might travel there to go to her classes. Then I went to a meditation workshop with one of my favorite teachers. He was awesome!!! I learned Reiki from him last year. I met him when I was in a very down place, so it was good to see him yesterday and be in a better state of mind. He even mentioned that. Great workshop.

Then I ran 3 miles in the heat and humidity : pbbt: good run, but hot and sticky.

Chris finished putting a new engine in my 96 Jeep. And she passed inspection. She purrs like a kitten now.

One of those wonderful, fulfilling days!!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday June 2