Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Welcome to the first day of June!
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-01 5:15 AM
The traditional month of weddings, much like May is for graduation.   Do you have any weddings to attend this month?  We don't (for a change) and I'm sad about that lack of wedding cake!

What do you expect from June?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-06-01 5:30 AM
It's national donut day so I expect a free donut.:wink:  I expect the temps to moderate.  I expect the gnats to leave and the June bugs to arrive.  I expect to procrastinate about running for a while longer.

Dog walking, weed pulling, and bike riding to round out this first day of June.  Have a sweet day everyone!
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-06-01 6:29 AM
This first day of June is the opening of the NHS production of Beauty & the Beast with my daughter as Belle. Three shows only. Tickets are going fast.

Managed to squeeze in a 3.4 mile run yesterday before band practice. Rest day today. Hope to get in a 4 mile run Sat morning. WE'll see if the weather permits that.

Mark.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-06-01 7:18 AM Edited 2018-06-01 7:22 AM
Ran 2.3 this morning, then breakfast with some old Michigan friends who came up from Tennessee for the wedding.

I forgot about cake. I hope they have good cake tomorrow.

Soon, we'll head to the church to help setup. They are surfacing the motel parking lot and we can't get out for an hour. It would have been nice if they warned us in advance so we could have moved the car first. We were just across the street having breakfast when the workers showed up.

I'll be stopping at my favorite donut shop in the entire world on my way to the church. Cops & Donuts, in Clare Michigan.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-01 7:47 AM
No weddings in my horizon.  And that means no wedding cake either.

I think today will be a rest day.  I didn't get up early enough to go out for my power walk and am already dressed.  Going to Mass and run a few errands.  Maybe when I return I will do a video.

Dunkin Donuts is coming to my town, so maybe next year I will celebrate National Donut Day!

Well that is all from my neck of the woods!

Have a good Friday!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-06-01 8:39 AM
No weddings to go to in June. 1 in August.

Running 3 miles or so at lunch time. No rain for a change.

coffee fool email at 9"48am ST
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-01 11:39 AM
Who is getting married?  One of your children?
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-06-01 11:41 AM
Nah, just a friend's son. But that means i don't have to pay for it. And the wedding is at out church. 7 minutes away. Reception another 5 minutes away from there. bonus.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-01 1:00 PM
That is definitely a bonus. Thought of you when we passed the Bowie exit as we headed to Baltimore.

Belated birthday greetings to Sam. Fifty! How can that be?  Wait that means that you are 50 also? Whaaaat?
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-06-01 1:54 PM
You should of hopped off at the Bowie exit and come for a visit! :hug:

Sam is old. I am trading her in on 2 50-year-olds : pbbt:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-06-01 10:03 AM
No weddings.  Headed to Duck Donut now.   Hope to see Beauty and the Beast tonight.   Pack for NC and Atlanta, eave Monday.

Tom in DE
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-06-01 11:39 AM
Well your weekend is packed!  Enjoy Beauty and the Beast!  Safe travels.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-06-01 1:05 PM
My nephew is getting married next Saturday.  We'll go and cheer him on.

I ran 8 miles this morning.  Longer run tomorrow.

Grass cutting this evening.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Welcome to the first day of June!